Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

barings

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default barings

hey everybody

i was thinking about graesing my barings which i have to there dry and is there a certain kind of grease i should use or can i just use regular grease like the grease for machins or cars
thanks

nick
Old 03-20-2006, 06:14 AM

Default RE: barings

I just use regular high speed wheel bearing grease
Old 03-20-2006, 10:52 AM

does hobby shops carry that?
thanks nick
Old 03-20-2006, 12:27 PM

ORIGINAL: benzzyo5

hey everybody

i was thinking about graesing my barings which i have to there dry and is there a certain kind of grease i should use or can i just use regular grease like the grease for machins or cars
thanks

nick

There is a few pros and cons as far as greasing all your bearings. The biggest advantage, is after you do grease all your bearings, you will NEVER need to replace them. Water in the bearings is the #1 killer. A good synthetic thin grease will keep out any water. Greasing your bearings is a HUGE job, but worth it in the long run. On the downside, greasing your bearings makes them have more "rolling resistance" so you might see a slight loss in top speed (I stress the term SLIGHT). Were talking about a 12 lb Savage that can only pull mid 30's for speeds anyway. I have 2 Savages, my first one is almost 4 years old, and all original GREASED bearings. Make sure whatever grease you choose, go with a light consistancy synthetic grease. A petroleoum based grease can mix with mositure, and go bad.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see a lot of posts where people grease their bearings. Do you just grease the bearing in the axle carriers or are other bearings in the Savage also greaseable?
Old 03-20-2006, 12:52 PM

Product Name: HPI SAVAGE SERIES RUBBER SEALED BLUE BEARING SET BY TEAM BLUE STAR

Product Description:
Our Precision Rubber Sealed Blue Bearings are the closest tolerance bearings money can buy, which means they offer greater precision and longer life than the average metal-sealed or teflon-sealed bearings. They offer the ultimate in super low-friction performance and maximum protection in dirt & nitro environments.
And since they are constructed of aircraft quality stainless steel and are rubber-sealed, you will be able to run these little guys on almost all types of terrain and never worry about damaging them!
Pre-lubricated with Shell Aero-shell Fluid 12 oil and are maintenance free.
All Blue Bearing kits meet or exceed MIL-QW-990B and MIL-QW-4458B military standards for minimum noise output and tolerance!

***KEY NOTE: UNLIKE REGULAR BEARINGS SOLD BY REGULAR BEARING DEALERS, OUR LINE OF BLUE BEARINGS WERE ENGINEERED SPECIFICALLY FOR COMPETITION RC RACING. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME AS REGULAR BEARINGS THAT ARE SOLD ON EBAY OR AT YOUR LOCAL HARDWARE STORE.***

I got a set of these and i hope they are as good as claimed but for 9.99$ for a complete set, i cant see how you could go wrong. I got mine off ebay but you can go to www.teambluestar.com and order them there i believe.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nk28211.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	429750  
Old 03-20-2006, 01:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. I will check that out.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:38 PM