Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Broken parts and upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 01:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken parts and upgrades

Okay I broke the diff on my savage x today. It can be fixed for about 12 bucks and some greese. My question is, is there a better diff I can put in. Also I want to upgrade my shocks. What's a good set of shocks?
Old 03-25-2006, 05:58 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Broken parts and upgrades

I would stick with the HPI diffs, but shim the new diff and the old one and that will prolong the life 10 fold. If you don't know how to do a search or let me know and I'll steer you in the right direction. I would use diff oil and not grease in both diffs.
As for shocks ... I only use the stock shocks because I beat my truck and they are cheaper to replace than the BLING-BLING shocks. However I hear the HPI aluminum threaded are really nice.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:46 PM

Default RE: Broken parts and upgrades

If I do use the oil instead how do I lube where the diff meets the driveshaft. Or do I not need to.