Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Ironic Story :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ironic Story :)

hey dude, if you find out the problem for sure let me know. I have the same exact problem on my Savage SS 4.6. I tried it with and without the failsafe, didn't make a differnce. I just put new batterys in lastnight.
Old 12-24-2006, 04:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My problem is definitely the failsafe. My truck runs perfectly without it and I was running brand new batts when this happened. Kurt, dont even post, you just put people down with your opinions. Meryy Christmas to you all and a happy new year[sm=biggrin.gif][sm=shades_smile.gif][sm=lol.gif]
Old 12-24-2006, 05:52 PM

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

My problem is definitely the failsafe. My truck runs perfectly without it and I was running brand new batts when this happened. Kurt, dont even post, you just put people down with your opinions. Meryy Christmas to you all and a happy new year[sm=biggrin.gif][sm=shades_smile.gif][sm=lol.gif]
its just annoying how you keep ruining your truck because you are so careless.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:53 PM

Kurt you need to seriously shut up and stop posting. This is not carelessness, you need to learn how to repesct other people and keep your comments to yourself. Nobody cares about what you have to say so your better off not posting and most people here agree with me that you are a very rude @$$wipe that needs to learn respect. And how can you call it carelessness? It has nothing to do with that, the failsafe is defective so obviously its not my fault. You need to learn how to keep your mouth shut in certain situations and please dont even reply anymore. Anyway guys, im thinking of selling my S-25 for parts it has 2 gallons on it. I dont want to bother messing around with it since I have the "spinning carb" problem that cant be fixed. Its in good condition so maybe ill get $50 for it and put it towards an STS[8D]
Old 12-25-2006, 06:05 PM

Kurt you need to seriously shut up and stop posting. This is not carelessness, you need to learn how to repesct other people and keep your comments to yourself. Nobody cares about what you have to say so your better off not posting and most people here agree with me that you are a very rude @$$wipe that needs to learn respect. And how can you call it carelessness? It has nothing to do with that, the failsafe is defective so obviously its not my fault. You need to learn how to keep your mouth shut in certain situations and please dont even reply anymore. Anyway guys, im thinking of selling my S-25 for parts it has 2 gallons on it. I dont want to bother messing around with it since I have the "spinning carb" problem that cant be fixed. Its in good condition so maybe ill get $50 for it and put it towards an STS[8D]
Meh. I cant be that much of an idiot, i've kept all 3 of my nitro cars in good condition with no run away's. More than i can say about you
Old 12-25-2006, 08:32 PM

Failsafe is DEFECTIVE go to school. My cars are in excellent condition mind you....
Old 12-26-2006, 04:55 AM

Failsafe is DEFECTIVE go to school. My cars are in excellent condition mind you....
I do go to school. And yea, well done for finally realizing your failsafe is defective, only took you 2 extreme crashes!
Also, your cars dont look in excellent condition with the images you posted here...
Old 12-26-2006, 01:24 PM

Wow, you are one @$$wipe. I mean really... You are despicable and all you do is attack people for no reason. And by the way, your school must really suck cause I only had one crash..... The other was just in my hand. Are you out of grade school yet? Your actually pretty immature and I wouldnt even be replying to your retarded posts if I wasnt waiting on someone to give me advise as to what to do with my engine..... I hope you get lucky enough to get your truck turned into a pancake...
Old 12-26-2006, 01:59 PM

I agree with you rcnitrohead, major *****wipe.
Old 12-26-2006, 03:34 PM

Yeah, kurtf5, just shut up!
Old 12-27-2006, 12:35 PM

What do you guys think I should do with my engine? And if I did decide to sell it, how much would I get. No pics but its in reasonable condition, 2 gallons on it. Cooling head has minor scratches. And the piston is in good condition, golden brown[8D]
Old 12-27-2006, 03:09 PM

Mabey $50
Old 12-27-2006, 04:55 PM

Thats the exact number I was thinking of. Ill be happy if I sell it for $50 because thats 1/3 of the money I need for an STS .28 and pipe combo. I still need to sell my 7" Hot Bodies tires that are pretty much new with 7 tanks on them[8D] Im on my way, I just need a job.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:48 AM

I had a fail safe in my t-maxx. Heh, it was a tragic day during break in and just some normal bashing.

During brake in the fail safe works for 35 seconds me and my dad are walking out to it looking at it, i was on the 3rd tank? i walked back thinking i would get signal back soon, then VROOOM! almost hit my dads Navigator ( if you know what that is ).
It doesnt hit it, it goes under it and goes BOOOM in the garage door. HUGE DENT right in the door. After the thing flipped it stalled. Me and my dad were like WOAH and a bit edgy to start it up. Amazingly my bumper took the hole shot. It hit at the perfect angle and just bent the bumper we checked everything and my truck was perfect. But on the other hand the garage door now has a big dent in it.

My second crash was i was bashing 1 day not hard just jumping 2-4 feet not high at all compared to what ive seen. Well I jumped 1 to many times, and it TOOK OFF ON ME, and that was the day i had it tuned in perfectly, so she went full throttle and clipped a curb. THIS WAS ALL ALUMINUM ON MY TRUCK! bent the whole entire control arm in and deformed it. all my servo cases were broke too. so i had to get all new servos/ I had to spend some money on it to fix it now. That was it i called traxxas, they didnt help one darn bit. They told me i cant help you i dont know whats the problem. f*ck them.
then i took off my fail safe, and the thing works like a beauty. Never used another fail safe to this day
Old 01-01-2007, 02:01 PM

It really depends on the model. And during jumping, your batteries could have gotten banged around or something maybe got disconnected. I trust the OFNA micro unit on my T-maxx. Excellent model, only drawback is that it starts locking the brakes under 25F. Anyway, sorry to hear that you had to experience the same thing I did[:'(] And im just glad my truck didnt hit a curb at 40mph.[8D]
Old 01-01-2007, 02:26 PM

i once had a defictive on and off switch that turned it self off... so now i often use a little plastic piece to keep the switch to on when i drive
a thing is that you can get somebody to hold the car while it's on and you walks a lil bit away from it.. well.. a long way from it.. and see if it works..
some failsafes just seems to not wanna work right with some combos of radios and servos and batteries... or just simple just fails for some odd reason..