Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software > Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators
 Throws on throttle on G2 box with AFPD >

Throws on throttle on G2 box with AFPD

Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Throws on throttle on G2 box with AFPD

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 02:40 PM
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Throws on throttle on G2 box with AFPD

I received AFPD a couple of days ago and love it. Everything is running great except I can't get the throttle trim to slow enough to keep the planes from taxiing when throttle is all the way down. I am using the extra 330S modified as recommended in the help forum to make it more realistic, but when I did, the throttle stays up way too high even when idle trim is set at cut off. I went and did calibration and have throws set at 100%. G2 box is working great also. The red bars on the properties page don't show full movement when the sticks are moved and I can't seem to change their movement any except down by percentage below 100%, which I think, would increase throttle idle, not decrease it.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:49 PM
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Throws on throttle on G2 box with AFPD

When you calibrate you need to follow the directions exactly.

When it says put the sticks at neutral, that means in the middle. Sounds like your putting it at the bottom.

I believe that is the problem.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:51 PM

and center the trim
Old 01-23-2005, 03:06 PM

Maybe I'm not saying what's going on correctly... When the throttle stick is at center and trim is also at center, the red bar on the calibration page is also exactly at center (right on the center line). However, when I bring the throttle down to idle and trim also, the red bar retreats to the left but only about 2/3 of the way from the center, not all the way. I think that's why the engine is idling at about 2000rpm, but I may be wrong. Same thing for the high power setting, the red bar moves to the right about 2/3 of the way, not all the way. Is it supposed to do this?
Old 01-23-2005, 03:18 PM

Okay, I got it now, I wasn't calibrating, just looking at the throws on the screen. I needed to push the calibrate button
and move all the throws around for the G2 box to show AFPD where it was at neutral. Thanks for turning on the lightbulb!!
Old 01-23-2005, 03:38 PM

Yipper!

Enjoy the sim.
Old 01-23-2005, 03:43 PM

Hey Dion, after coming from G2 and watching G3 at the LHS, I agree with our phone conversation last week. This sim is fantastic!!! I love everything about it ...
Old 01-23-2005, 04:32 PM

This sim is fantastic!!! I love everything about it ...
Hey I just call it like I see it, but I told you so . No reason to really hype it up more then it really is. The sim does that itself real easy.