Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
 Upgrades and tail rotor adjustments >

Upgrades and tail rotor adjustments

Community
Search
Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

Upgrades and tail rotor adjustments

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 08:21 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrades and tail rotor adjustments

What would be some good beginer upgrades to spend on the model 117. I also was looking at getting a new canopy that looks cooler than the stock one and isn't so flimsy. I was also interested at getting a new cruth that isn't wood. When I looked on helihobby all the pictures of the crutch upgrades that they said were for the model 117 looked like they were ment fo the electric carona. Where can i get these parts.

I am very confused on how to get the tail rotor to work right. The helicopter goes out of control when i lift off and to keep it straight it must used the transmitter. When you look at the tail rotor you can tighen and loosen a set screw to adjust what the pitch of the tail rotor is when the servo is at neutral, I have a feeling that this is the culprate. I looked through the instruction manuel and couldn't find what the setting should be. What is the setting for the tail rotor. I was also wondering if i have to make some adjustments to the Gyro, how do you do this. I hope this makes sense because i am really inexpierenced with helicopters
Old 02-24-2006, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Upgrades and tail rotor adjustments

Helihobby is really the best place to find replacements and upgrades - at least I can't find a better one. Don't worry what the pictures look like, just order the correct part number and the right one will show up at your door. The upgrades are mostly from BT and the fuselages are from Darthdrk. Before I spend money on upgrades (except for the aluminum crutch), I would get the heli flying. Upgrades cost money and crashes can damage costly parts.

If the Corona is spinning like a top when you go to lift off, the problem may be that the gyro is upside-down. The pitch I initially set for my 120 is a LITTLE right pitch (to overcome torque - the tail has a tendency to move to the right, especially on lift off, and to compensate you would move the rudder stick to the right - so feed it in with trim or adjust it on the heli.)