Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
 Does anyone have a Marui or VS Tiger? >

Does anyone have a Marui or VS Tiger?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 08:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone have a Marui or VS Tiger?

Have you guys seen this things? I've noticed there are a few on ebay (very expensive $140 plus shipping). The VS version has the infrared battle system and the Marui has the airsoft cannon. The detail on the Marui is oustanding (especially the yellow and brown camo version). The VS also has a new updated controller that looks pretty sweet. Although these tanks aren't as big as the 1/16 scale, 1/24 is still a pretty good size for a tank.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:33 PM

Default RE: Does anyone have a Marui or VS Tiger?

hi
i have 3 VS M1A1 1/24 scale(airsoft PRO vershions) and they are very good for the price, i have so fare had no problems with them as they are built to the same high standard as tokyo marui airsoft AEG (autmatic electric Gun) line,there the the leading manufacture of airsoft rifles in japan.

http://miniature-art.tripod.com/m1a2abrams/id2.html

tokyo marui are well known for there reliability in all the airsoft items they produce and the 1/24 scale tanks seem to be the same in my opion.

http://miniature-art.tripod.com/othe...views/id2.html

BEWARE -ebay is flooded with Hen longs copies that are very poor in comparison to the VS and Tokyo marui made tanks.

"Assembly quality / Accessories- The hull and turret are made from thin and brittle styrene plastic prone to cracking. All tanks use the Type 90 lower hull. This is a glaring error since the Abrams and Leopard 2 upper hulls are mated to a lower hull with only 6 road wheels. Assembly is poor with detail components misplaced, or missing. The supplied rubber tracks are thin, oily and exude a foul odor. All 3 tanks come with a copy of the Japanese Type 90 tank commander figure. The Leopard 2A5 turret appears passable but is missing many of the numerous surface details."

http://miniature-art.tripod.com/othe...views/id3.html

P.s a leapard can change it's spots

The Marui Export M1A2 Abrams has the same quality materials, components, and assembly found in original Marui labeled tanks. This is hardly surprising since Ensilion is the manufacturer of both.

The only feature that distinguishes an original Tokyo Marui Abrams from an Ensilion factory product are small plastic plates that cover the Tokyo Marui logos found on the bottom of the tank hull, the transmitter handle, and the sprue frames for the detail accessories

Ensilion factory “Marui Export” Abrams are available in the original desert tan and three color european camouflage scheme.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:23 PM
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have seen them on Ebay and thought about buying one, but I HATE the controller (I have the Leopard and Abrams). [:@] I heard that they are coming out with a newer version of the Tiger tanks, with a different transmitter (two sticks, rather than buttons), so I will wait to see if that is true before I buy one.

I want an airsoft tank that performs well, and I have had no luck with the Hen Long BB shooters. []

Old 09-01-2006, 08:23 PM
My Feedback: (1)

I think that the new tigers still have buttons but they are arranged better. Check out toyeast.com.