Community
Search
Notices

Fab Comp Models SR-71 composite jet

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 06:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fab Comp Models SR-71 composite jet

I apologize to everyone for my previous failed ad postings, I was spell checking on my computer and then copy and pasted my ad information and this website does not like that. Hope that helps people.

For Sale: Fab Comp Models SR-71 composite jet, set up for twin 90mm EDF. Great looking airplane and handles very nice as well! Jet has excellent symmetrical thrust characteristics, haven't needed to touch the rudders yet except to do aerobatic maneuvers. Pictured model is of a 6s version but 12s versions are also available. This jet was designed and built in the USA. No more problems with quality and parts replacement wait times. Price includes painted jet with decals ready for your electronics, EDF units, and retract gears. No trades, check or money order prefered. Buyer pays shipping $ 69.56.

I have more pictures upon request or you can visit my website Fab Comp Models. The pictured jet is of the prototype which has costed $ 4000.00 to build the airframe and associated molds/tooling. Now I can pass that savings onto others. Also, latest models features three dimensional exhaust doors and inlet vents which are not pictured. Radio requirements are 5 ch: Ail,Ele,Throttle,Rud,and retracts. Computer radio required for elevon mixing. This jet uses two 9g rudder servos and 4 standard elevator servos.

Flying dimensions: Length: 79" Wingspan: 43" Height: 10.5" Approx weight with batteries: 13.0 Lbs. Scale: 1/16
Old 12-23-2018, 11:04 PM

awesome drag car! Super Comp?

Gary
Old 12-24-2018, 06:57 AM

Thank you! One of these days I will drop some turbines into the SR-71 and get it up to 240 mph like the car. Since the racecar is also an all composite body I decided to leave it in the background to show off by handy work. Yes, Super Comp also this car is set up for Nostalgia Pro Stock, UMTR which is stick shift only racing class "very fun class" and standing mile racing or land speed. I was lucky enough to have good success, set some records that still stand today and made a lot of friends along the way. After working on passenger jets and military jets, working on racecars came naturally. Had plans to replace the composite body to a new NHRA legal Pro Stock body until NHRA ruined the class by removing the hood scoops and forcing them to run injection. So the car will just set until NHRA gets their act straight or if one of my records get broken. It has been setting for 3 yrs now.
Old 12-24-2018, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Alrcun111
Thank you! One of these days I will drop some turbines into the SR-71 and get it up to 240 mph like the car. Since the racecar is also an all composite body I decided to leave it in the background to show off by handy work. Yes, Super Comp also this car is set up for Nostalgia Pro Stock, UMTR which is stick shift only racing class "very fun class" and standing mile racing or land speed. I was lucky enough to have good success, set some records that still stand today and made a lot of friends along the way. After working on passenger jets and military jets, working on racecars came naturally. Had plans to replace the composite body to a new NHRA legal Pro Stock body until NHRA ruined the class by removing the hood scoops and forcing them to run injection. So the car will just set until NHRA gets their act straight or if one of my records get broken. It has been setting for 3 yrs now.
drag car!

hi my friend,

I had 2 race cars. in the early 80s I ran a 66 Chevy II at East Texas drag strip in porter Tx> it had a (David Nickens) Nickens and Brown Racing Engines> (Houston Texas) 60 over 327 2 carburetors on a Offenhouser Tunnel ram with 2 Holly Carburetors in it/ Muncie 4 speed ran 10:50s all day long in the quarter mile.

I had a 71 Camaro I sold in 2005> it was back halfed ladder bar. I built a BB 468CI Power glide full> all metal car that ran 6:50s 1/8 all day no nitrous. I ran it at Cedar Creek Drag Way in 7 Points Texas. love drag racing and RC Jets. check out my youtube channel> Gary Flymore

Merry Christmas my friend*****

Gary Troutman (flyncrazy)
Old 12-26-2018, 05:47 AM

Wow! that's great Gary. I enjoy talking to other gear heads that are also into RC planes great combination and I believe there is always more to learn from others. Hope you have a Great 2019 Sir !