Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

Hobby King selling policy

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 02:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby King selling policy

On March 21[SUP]st[/SUP] I bought a RC plane at Hobby King.
I paid using Pay Pal, and charged my credit card.
Several days later, I checked my order, and I was surprised when I read this:

“Your order will be manually checked before processing. Please allow 24hr for us to conduct this check. Reason; High-Risk Country”.

Yes, I live in Brazil.

Then, I sent an email to HK Customer Service, asking to look on my order, as it was taking long to move from “Processing Status”. This was the answer:
Hi Celso,
Good day! Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Let me assist you in the best way I can. Upon carefully checking with your order 2009100628, I am glad to inform you that we received your payment, but before we proceed with the process, may I request for a scanned copy of bank statement that includes your payment to our end so that our Accounting Department can verify your order? Please be informed that all customers that is the first time to purchase in HobbyKing required to send us the scanned copy of bank statement. Rest assured that you'll answer this once for us to keep on track with your information and to avoid fraudulent activities, hence we can able to give you a more secure service. Your patience and understanding on this matter is highly appreciated.
On April 30[SUP]th[/SUP] I sent the scanned copy of the credit card statement and so far, no answers.

I t is humiliating being treated as an outlaw ( myself and the other 190 millions of Brazilians), until we show proof in contrary.
Do you citizens of USA, Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, have been receiving such a kind treatment on your first purchaser at Hobby King?

Last edited by celso.ferraz; 05-02-2014 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Corrections.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:17 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There is no reason they should need a copy of your bank statement they already have your payment, If you do search on Hobby King here on RCU and other forums
there are many constant complaints on Hobby King. I hope you get your order.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:23 PM

Thanks for your comment, Ira D.

Think about this: if they cachsed my money already and don't delivery, who is being fraudulent?

I gave then 24 hs to definitely resole the issue, after that, i' ll cancel the order, hopping they will return my money, and buy elsewhere with less burocracy.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can do a charge back through your credit card if they dont refund your money, If it was me being that you are dealing with HK I would give
them only about five days to refund my money once I cancled the order and then I would contact my credit card company.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:45 PM

Ira d,
thanks for the hint!