Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
 full scale vehicles and motorsports going down to scale size >

full scale vehicles and motorsports going down to scale size

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

full scale vehicles and motorsports going down to scale size

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default full scale vehicles and motorsports going down to scale size

hey has anyone realize that almost every full size vehicle or any type of motorsport like drag racing or drifting going from full scale down to 1/8th scale or 1/24th scale or in between?
Old 03-29-2011, 01:04 PM

Default RE: full scale vehicles and motorsports going down to scale size

Dude, we need to invent a scale demolation derby, that would be bad a**!
Old 03-29-2011, 06:06 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think so. When was the last time you saw full scale buggies flying six or seven times their own height over the front straight? When was the last time you saw RC rally racing? RC open-wheel? Endurance?

RC racing is about as divorced from full-scale racing as you can get. The procedures used to qualify are nothing alike, the procedures used to actually run the race are even farther off, the cars resemble nothing on a real track, the tracks are unrealistic and increasingly often the sound of high-HP racing machines never roars out of an active RC track.

What I suggest is:

For off-road, get rid of the jump spam. Real life off-road racing does not have that many jumps and they're nowhere near that big. Also get rid of the obstacle spam as well, again full scale off-road doesn't have drop-offs or whoops half the height of the cars themselves. For all racing, overhaul the format. Practice 1, Practice 2, Practice 3, Qualifying, Race! Bring some new formats in as well, endurance racing is pretty damn popular and I think would make for interesting RC action. I also think the rules should be relaxed a bit, other rules changed around, and the tracks should be much larger. Dirt tracks should have much much looser surfaces, a good chunk of the appeal of full scale off-road racing is watching the cars get completely bonkers sideways. FPV systems should be encouraged, and on-board cameras fitted on all cars for recording purposes. There should also be far more variety in the cars raced. I want to see more RC F1 cars, I want to see some decent rallying(And not that crap on Youtube where dumbasses follow the car), I want to see some downright scary speeds, I want to see cars fender-to-fender. I also think some thin metal bodies would make for better racing, as those bodies will show crash damage far better.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:39 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

um, there is rc rally racing, and open wheel F1 racing.(not the kind where they follow the car, that is silly!)
seems to be done more in europe. you can find plenty of such racing vids on utube.

i have even seen semi truck RC racing.

then there is all types of pulling and drag racing

Old 03-29-2011, 09:18 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: xTHExSA1NTx

Dude, we need to invent a scale demolation derby, that would be bad a**!
everyone would drive savages, and it would only end when they run outta batteries, or nitro [:@]

could just imagine a scale mph rc on-road race. a whole blazing 12mph [:@]
Old 03-30-2011, 07:02 AM

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

could just imagine a scale mph rc on-road race. a whole blazing 12mph [:@]
Yeah...and that would be on a down hill
Old 03-30-2011, 07:10 AM

on road electric is a little like touring cars... but the rtr nitro on road class at my local track is a blast. most run hpi rs4's and the racing is very very close. wheel to wheel the whole way.<div>and the 1/8 on road cars are quite alot like le mans cars but waaaaaaaaaay faster.</div>
Old 04-01-2011, 05:39 PM

ORIGINAL: 378

I don't think so. When was the last time you saw full scale buggies flying six or seven times their own height over the front straight? When was the last time you saw RC rally racing? RC open-wheel? Endurance?

RC racing is about as divorced from full-scale racing as you can get. The procedures used to qualify are nothing alike, the procedures used to actually run the race are even farther off, the cars resemble nothing on a real track, the tracks are unrealistic and increasingly often the sound of high-HP racing machines never roars out of an active RC track.

What I suggest is:

For off-road, get rid of the jump spam. Real life off-road racing does not have that many jumps and they're nowhere near that big. Also get rid of the obstacle spam as well, again full scale off-road doesn't have drop-offs or whoops half the height of the cars themselves. For all racing, overhaul the format. Practice 1, Practice 2, Practice 3, Qualifying, Race! Bring some new formats in as well, endurance racing is pretty damn popular and I think would make for interesting RC action. I also think the rules should be relaxed a bit, other rules changed around, and the tracks should be much larger. Dirt tracks should have much much looser surfaces, a good chunk of the appeal of full scale off-road racing is watching the cars get completely bonkers sideways. FPV systems should be encouraged, and on-board cameras fitted on all cars for recording purposes. There should also be far more variety in the cars raced. I want to see more RC F1 cars, I want to see some decent rallying(And not that crap on Youtube where dumbasses follow the car), I want to see some downright scary speeds, I want to see cars fender-to-fender. I also think some thin metal bodies would make for better racing, as those bodies will show crash damage far better.

who cares about full size buggies making jumps the are scale buggies can make maybe the drivers of those fullsize buggies dont have the balls to do what we do
<br type="_moz" />