Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Noob needing advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2021, 05:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob needing advice

Hey y'all,
I'm completely new to the RC world. I recently bought a couple of "cheap" Chinese rc cars locally on Offerup for my son and I. They break constantly and I've honestly spent more time and money replacing plastic spur gears than it's worth. I've recently come across 2 gently used DHK hunter brushed trucks with radios, batteries and charger included for $250. Is this a decent deal? I've looked up some replacement parts and saw that they are relatively inexpensive. I've read a bunch of different posts about the durability of these trucks and for bashing they seem to be pretty good. I'd love to hear some if you all have any experience with the truck or have some ideas for alternatives. Thanks and have a blessed day.
Old 06-19-2021, 05:52 PM

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Some of my thoughts on the DHK Hunter here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post40456798

so basically you're paying $125 each for a pair of trucks? Yeah that sounds decent, but depending on how worn out they are, if you need to replace a bunch of parts it might be cheaper to buy new.... all depends on the condition.
Old 06-20-2021, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I bought them for $240. Came with 3 batteries and a really nice charger. The trucks look basically brand new. I plan on upgrading the esc and going brushless after we get a few good runs in.