Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
 Grand Opening of TT Minisports Racing Centre >

Grand Opening of TT Minisports Racing Centre

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Grand Opening of TT Minisports Racing Centre

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 12:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grand Opening of TT Minisports Racing Centre

Hi Everybody,
I just wanted to welcome all of you to come down and race with us at TT Minisports Racing Centre in New Windsor New York. After over three years of testing and development, we our proud to annouce the opening of our new facility which includes an awsome Multi-configuration Mini-Z / X-mod / 1:18th scale track featuring a special epoxy resin super "High-grip" surface .
Additionally and concurrently We have opened a 1:32nd scale Slotcar track as well. Future plans include (coming soon) a 50'x 25' indoor Off-road track (downstairs 1:16th and 1:18th scale racing anyone?) as well as an outdoor 75'x 50' paved road course for 1:10th scale (elec and nitro) racing. For schedules and more info goto : www.ttminisports.com or call us at: (845) 534-1112 Mon-Sat 10am-8pm.
Ask for Todd or Tony
Old 05-31-2005, 01:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Grand Opening of TT Minisports Racing Centre

ORIGINAL: Tigger N. Bennie

Racers Forum: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Regi...mid_206/tt.htm

What is "Multi-configuration Mini-Z / X-mod / 1:18th scale track featuring a special epoxy resin super "High-grip" surface." I'm just wondering since the 2003 and 2004 Kyosho US Mini-Z-Cup was held on an RCP Track. So was the Xmod XRL and just last week, Hobbico/Great Planes was demo'ing the Iwaver on an RCP Track and since the same person in charge of the demo used to coordinate the US Mini-Z-Cup, it won't surprise me if an Iwaver Cup was run on an RCP Track. The current PN Racing World Cup event currently underway has also been running on an RCP Track here in the United States and overseas (though I don't know about all of the foreign qualifiers). If you don't know what an RCP Track is, here are a couple of photos of my RCP Track. The Kyosho events were also timed using Amb-It and PN Racing has been using Core Racing timing equipment which recently debuted for the public at RCX 2005.

By the way, I've also mounted Fly Slot Car bodies on Kyosho Mini-Zs.

Old 06-01-2005, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Tigger,

We tried to use RCP and other brand name rubber track materials,however, we came to the conclusion that it doesn't :#1wear as well as resin materials #2 it has way to many joints (read bumps) in it and #3 it doesn't offer anywhere near the same level of grip (read traction) as epoxy resin. I also own a track called Tarmac (outdoor asphalt track) www.tarmacraceway.com and was daring enough to try a sand mix type asphalt surface on it as well . That was over ten years ago and the "out of the box" thinking then led us to to find something that is way better than rubber or ozite carpet track for indoor or outdoor racing. Additionally. I have raced on RCP and other surfaces including Kyosho regional events and was not imppressed. I have been involved in R/C since the mid 70s and have been amazed how we often never think "outside the box" when it comes to our hobby.
For example ,trying to put transponders for 1/10th scale or larger cars on a Mini-Z is ridiculous. I once attended a "Kyosho" event and remember trying to velcro a transponder to the top of my MiniZ F-1 car! I'm involed in full scale roadcousre racing as well,and that is the equivalent of putting a full size desk on the windshield of a Full scale car. I own a AMB System 20 and a AMB RC System as well. FYI the older system 20 transponders are way (read alot) more reliable than the new self-powered RC systems are. The plug in RC Transponders are better since they do not have to same battery issues. As far as timing for small-scale (read 1:18th or smaller) is concerned, the jury is still out regarding the "core" system. I will probably try it ,however, I'll probably stay wih KO-Propo for now.

Please post pics of your FLY bodied mini-zs .That ,I gotta see!

Best regards,

Todd
Old 06-01-2005, 11:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tigger N. Bennie

RCP Tracks aren't rubber and there are no bumbs--at least not on my RCP Track. When I used the Amb-It transponder, I also removed the plastic case, heat shrank it, and ran it inside the Kyosho Mini-Z body. I've also raced using the Core Racing timing system and there were "no" issues. The system worked great and off course, the transponder is basically paper and adds virtually no weight at all. As a matter of fact, I ran it between the front F1 wing and F1 bumper so that should give anyone who knows anything about Kyosho Mini-Zs an idea of how thin the transponder is--paper thin.

That photo above is of a Fly Slot Car Euro Truck mounted on a Kyosho Mini-Z-MR02 Enzo chassis using the same Enzo body clip. There are more photos in my gallery at Mini-ZRacer including the Carrera bodies I have mounted on Kyosho Mini-Zs.

http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/TNB