Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

plz read important

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plz read important

ok, i don't know whats the best dission.
there are 3 choices:
1. 19 turn motor (brushed) about $50-$60
2. 17 turn motor (brushed) about i don't know yet so i would like to know the price
3. go nitro, stop using my electric, but if i do this i will have 2 wait a while till i get it like not till may.
so what's the best way 2 go, tell me good brands for the 17 turn
Rember i am not a billionaire so plz tell me the best thing to do that wont cost a fortune.

second question
is the chameleon 2 hemi 19 tuen pro good http://www.beatyourtruck.com/images/cameleon2.jpg picture of it

third question
if i go nitro i like the ofna ultra gtp rtr is it good hre is a picture of it http://www.nitrohouse.com/images/30000-39999/34317.gif

ok thanks but also would it be smart to get Maxamps lipo 8000 mah 11.1v battrie? http://www.maxamps.com/Lipo-8000-74-Pack.htm

thanks again i really need to know
Old 12-10-2007, 05:49 PM

Default RE: plz read important

common plz anwser very importat, at least anwaer 1 qution
Old 12-10-2007, 05:57 PM

Go nitro if I was you I would get the HPI RS4 EVO +
Old 12-10-2007, 10:47 PM

ORIGINAL: zachsrc

ok, i don't know whats the best dission.
there are 3 choices:
1. 19 turn motor (brushed) about $50-$60
2. 17 turn motor (brushed) about i don't know yet so i would like to know the price
3. go nitro, stop using my electric, but if i do this i will have 2 wait a while till i get it like not till may.
so what's the best way 2 go, tell me good brands for the 17 turn
Rember i am not a billionaire so plz tell me the best thing to do that wont cost a fortune.

second question
is the chameleon 2 hemi 19 tuen pro good http://www.beatyourtruck.com/images/cameleon2.jpg picture of it

third question
if i go nitro i like the ofna ultra gtp rtr is it good hre is a picture of it http://www.nitrohouse.com/images/30000-39999/34317.gif

ok thanks but also would it be smart to get Maxamps lipo 8000 mah 11.1v battrie? http://www.maxamps.com/Lipo-8000-74-Pack.htm

thanks again i really need to know
I doubt there are many billionares on these forums, maybe a few, lol, but exactly what is your budget?
Old 12-11-2007, 10:47 AM

we can definately help you out, but need to know a little about your car and what it is used for

-What esc do you have?
-What batteries are you using?
-What model car do you have?
-Do you want more acceleration or top end speed?
Old 12-11-2007, 04:10 PM

i have a 15 turn dyno esc, on the raven bx (i'm tuning lots of parts beacause it's my first car so not the best car) i have the stock 1600mph battrie, and the 1 bought 3600mph, i want more top speed but also accel but still with good overall performance what is Stampede XL-5 w/ VXL, aluminum wheelie bar, rpm bearing carriers, front and rear a-arms, caster blocks, camberlinks about my budget wll i have $1000 but im only a kid i don't want to spend it all so by june if i was to go nitro i would be able to spend about $500 mabey on the car, the engine will come from my parents so i won't have 2 pay for that but i don't want them to waste there money so if it was better to go nitro i would ask for money and other items! and also Xtfreak said if i was to go nito he said get the HPI RS4 EVO + is that good? what are some other good nitro's and is the the ofna ultra gtp rtr if i was to get a nitro i would want it to look like a reall car not like a buggy (what i have)

zachsrc
Old 12-11-2007, 04:25 PM

actually the raven bx i have i bought beacuse it was cheep and the people at my local hobby shop said it's alright, i was suprrised i thought i would be a pice of junk but i have done tones of flips and sping and back flips ( alittle running into my friends cars that are like hummer designs) but it breaks liittle parts a little too much if i got nitro beacuse i want spped i would still youse my buggy for fun flips and for friends pretty good starter car but i want speed now! lots of speed, speed is my passion
Old 12-11-2007, 06:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id say stay electric til you have experience or unlimited money. nitro is expensive and can be confusing to work on for a noob.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:57 PM

ORIGINAL: jatoracing33

id say stay electric til you have experience or unlimited money. nitro is expensive and can be confusing to work on for a noob.
I agree, from the sound of the op he does not have the experience level that nitro vehicles require. They also require much more maintenance and much more tuning, not just the engine but the clutch and two speed also along with the chassis/suspension adjustments. You will also burn through tires much quicker with nitro than electric, not to mention glow plugs, fuel, and track equipment. I highly suggest going with a faster motor for your electric o.p..
Old 12-12-2007, 04:07 PM

ok so now i will stay electric i want 2 go fast though but my local hooby shop says that if they had ruels like turnaments (we don't not enough racers i race nitro's) i wouldn't be aloud 17 turn but i only go like 5 times a year should i go 17 turn or 19 turn and would i need new battries, i was told lipo battries would be great but i also heard they would suck, would you suggest them? or just get more high power ni cd battries like 3600mph and 3700mph battries, or 8000mph maxamp lipo battries?

plz reply i need 2 know by saturday(3 days from now) thanks[sm=punching.gif]!
Old 12-12-2007, 04:28 PM

LiPo batteries require a charger that can deal with their chemistry and you would also need to get one with a cell balancer to get the most out of them, and to be safe. A charger certified for charging only NiCd and NiMh batteries SHOULD NEVER BE USED for LiPo's. LiPo's can be VERY dangerous if not treated properly and disposed of IMMEDIATELY when they go bad or "puff" up. Personally, I believe LiPo battery technology is still not where it needs to be for "prime time" use in cars. They can EASILY start fires and explode if not handled properly at all times. I am totally familiar with, and use LiPo batteries, in my planes but would not at this time consider them for my cars. LiPo's are expensive, damage easily, and pose a VERY real and serious threat if not handled properly - I CANNOT OVER EMPHASIZE THIS!
Old 12-12-2007, 05:19 PM

ok thanks i kinda already knew this but it does change my impoionion
Old 12-12-2007, 08:02 PM

Are you going to be racing? If so I would suggest starting out in stock class. If you already have experience in that bump up to spec (19-t). There are not to many 17 turn motors out there to choose from, and plenty of good companies make fast 19 turn motors. As for batteries, if you can afford it go with matched 4200 or 4600 batteries. If you're on a budget go for the Duratrax 4200mah packs, they're only lik 35-40 bucks each and have great run time. What car or class are you trying to run in?
Old 12-12-2007, 08:28 PM

If you are going to be bashing and if you're going NITRO get the HPI RS4 EVO+ its a good all rounder just a few mods and you can go racing. And electric is boring (I have no intention of starting a flame war)
Old 12-12-2007, 08:31 PM

go e-firestorm $209 or so
Old 12-12-2007, 09:12 PM

Slow electric on road cars can get boring, but nitro can be a real head ache if it is one of your first cars. Plus my TC-5 could whoop your Evo anyday.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:13 PM

ok right now i am in statum trucks cattagory my city dosn't have enough racers so i vs nitros this catagory is buggy's and truck but not monster trucks , i got plaenty of money for battries, my first day i got it i also got 3600mp battrie and it laste ussally 35-55 minutes (my friends say that is unbelive ably long) i really want speed i got used to my stock horrbile 19turn motor i sometimes drive my friends nitro (about 60 kph) i want speed like i said but i don't want to waste alot of money just to go nitro getting a new motor would cost me notting (my parents will buy but they will not buy nitro car) i have tried searcing HPI RS4 EVO+ is there another name that i could look under? how much are the 4200 or 4600 batteries? is the e-firestorm good? i love the look of the ofna ultra gtp rtr is it good? my race track the nitro's blow me away but i catch up on coners so i really want speed i tried faster ones i love so i want speed should i go 17 turn or 19 turn?
Old 12-12-2007, 09:16 PM

the e-fire storm looks kinda cool but i want an on road they look amazing i already have an off roader
Old 12-12-2007, 09:36 PM

I just picked up some new team vis-matched and assembled Trinity 4600 mah packs for just under $100 a pack.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:02 PM

ok thanks