Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What to get now?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to get now?

I decided after getting the Kyosho ST-RR, I want to have one more rc car or truck. My first idea was to finish the schumacher fusion project car I once had running but since disasembled it. It needs pipe, steering servo, new set of bearings because i took all the stock ones out and tossed them, and 1 or 2 parts. But now im going back and forth on other rc's to get instead.

HPI Baja 5B SS: I always wanted a 1/5th since the first time I seen a guy run one in person, and always liked the baja 5b for countless reasons. If I get it i will probably sell the engine and pipe off immediatly and get a 29 or bigger cc motor and DDM rear exaust pipe/jetpro silenced.

Anothe 1/8th Kyosho or mugen truggy: Wouldnt mind another st-rr because i love running this truck and its near bullet proof stock. Or id get a mugen, like those trucks too. Which ever one I get, i could have as a spare truck incase the other broke or something.

Nice pro kit 1/8th buggy: Always wanted a buggy too, would probably race it on weekends and also just mess around in the neiborhood with it.

1/8th mugen or kyosho onroad race car: Are probably my favorite onroad cars of all time, right next to the 235mm onroad cars that are discontinued now unfortunatly. Would drag race this car for the most part and most likly not race it on the track.

I have a RB C6 BB L2G NIB sitting if i get one of the 1/8ths. But theres a possibility it will get sold in the future if I go with the Baja.

Whatever i go with, it will be my last rc for a long time to come what should I get and why?

Old 05-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Banned
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: What to get now?

OFNA CRT.5 RTR with an OS .18TZ, that engine will make it scream and it will turn quite a few heads at your local club when you can spank any Mugen that comes out to race.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:41 PM
My Feedback: (5)

I'd go with the Baja. I've got an FG 1/6 scaler and it's awesome. You won't be disappointed.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:42 PM

Dont really like the crt.5, too small of a offroader for me.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:44 PM

+1 for the Baja. These have an almost cult like following and for many become their favorite RC.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:45 PM

ORIGINAL: drevil

I'd go with the Baja. I've got an FG 1/6 scaler and it's awesome. You won't be disappointed.
The more I look at the vids in the giant scale section, the more I want one. Not too many people here local with 1/5th scales and some have sold them, and i think that was a bad move but to each his own i guess. Wonder if it would be too loud in the neiborhood, but I havent had problems running my truggy and thats loud enough I would say.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Banned
My Feedback: (2)

Have a lawn mower? thats how loud you should expect it to be. I dont think they are made for neighborhood use.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:16 AM

The way my house sits, theres no one to my left, in front, or behind me. Sits on the end of the street kind of issolated, theres people about 50-60 yards away so I think if I keep it down on my own street, the noise wont be a problem, even so, thats not a reason for me not to get one.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:00 PM

Went with the 1/8th buggy at first but about an hr after it arrived at my house it was back up for sale! lol, thats the quickest change of heart i ever had as far as making a purchase. Im going fo the 1/5th and if i really like it enoungh i might just sell the rest of my nitros.