Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RC10GT or LosiXXXNT

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2003, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC10GT or LosiXXXNT

I'm new to the Nitro World... which car is better and why... the RC10 GT or LosiXXXNT. I have been told that the RTR Losi comes with a better radio!!!! Or should I do the kits so that I know the ins and outs of my car??? I appreciate any help and references that can be provided.
Old 05-18-2003, 11:21 PM

you should do the kits if you ra little bit mechanically inclined, so you know the ins and outs and know that the car was built right!

but if you had to choose, i would take the team losi, even though i have an rc10gt.

the losi handles better, better built, and has a much better radio and better engine.
Old 05-18-2003, 11:28 PM
My Feedback: (3)

XXX-NT all the way!
Old 05-19-2003, 03:11 AM

I race a XXXNT, I find it harder to get the GT to handle well, but the GT is a little easier to work on( except the shocks, losi shocks rule) and its easier to disassemble the GT for cleaning. Stan www.1stplacerace.com
Old 05-19-2003, 04:04 AM

Man, if the GT is easier to dissasemble than the Losi it must be REAL easy. I own 2 Losi's and both are easy for me to work on. Unfortuneately I have been having diff problems lately, which I hear it semi-common.
Old 05-19-2003, 05:15 AM

The GT is just a simple layout, All I can say is when I crashed In a heat race and busted a steering servo I missed the main event, By the time I marshalled the next race,I only had 50 miniutes to get it fixed and I did not get it quite finished. The same operation on a GT takes about 8 miniutes. I race a losi and prefer them, and the fact that the diff in the GT is not externally adjustable sucks, But for a novice or new guy the GT is less intimidating. Stan www.1stplacerace.com
Old 05-19-2003, 12:00 PM

it only takes me about 5 minutes to change a steering servo on the XXXnt. All you have to do is remove the front end (4 screws on the bottom and 2 on top). Then remove the front 2 screws on the chassis brace and loosen the second two. It might sound like a lot but it is really not.
Old 05-19-2003, 10:35 PM

Thats all good if you are replacing it with a similar servo, but If you use a different one that requires different mounting positions and different servo arms its almost impossible, I have never seen anybody do this operation without removing the entire upper chassis plate. I must say props to you for having the ability to get it done so fast, I hope to have better luck myself after I install my new native racing 2 piece aluminum top plate. Serve acces is done by removing only 2 screws.
Old 05-19-2003, 11:36 PM

yea the losi handles a whole lot better, but the rc10gt is very simple.

i would get the adam drake in a heartbeat if i had the dough
Old 05-20-2003, 12:22 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Yea, same here. That is one tough and quick machine. I was really impressed when I saw one run at the local dirt track. I corrected almost all of the drivers mistakes.