Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Anybody tired of bashing alone??

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 12:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody tired of bashing alone??

I live in Philadelphia with 2 hobby shops within a half an hour from me and cant find people to get together and bash. My friends arent into rc's so Im getting kind of discouraged with the hobby for that reason. When racing season starts I can get my rc fix but right now this really sucks. Just wanted to know if anyone else has felt this way?
Old 11-14-2008, 12:25 AM

Default RE: Anybody tired of bashing alone??

i do sortof, nothing beats driving with someone else, i do have a "track" laid out in our backyard so its prety fun to cruse around on [8D]
Old 11-14-2008, 12:54 AM

Yea, when you get a new truck its fine to drive alone, then after a while its not so much fune... thats why I have a mini LST2 AND a mini quake... so I can have a buddy of family member drive with me (but I get the MLST so i still beat them) I recently got a t-maxx, so im building a second one for my wife or daughter to drive.... mine will be done up in green, the other pink That will be especially fun when one of my brothers gets to drive it
Old 11-14-2008, 07:43 AM

yep, get a full second setup, suck one of your friends into the hobby, I find I break my stuff more often pushing limits when I bash alone.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:40 AM

let a friend have a go and try and get him/her into it thats what i did and were both gettin nitros for christmas
Old 11-14-2008, 12:12 PM

used to havea friend who did it with me but then he got a real car and is now a slave to the job he hates doing...
Old 11-14-2008, 01:06 PM

tut tut real cars pah!
Old 11-14-2008, 01:13 PM

Thats how a couple of my closer friends are. They work there life away to pay for nice cars and since there single there still chasing girls in clubs. Nothing wrong with that, I still go from time to time but Ill be 30 next year so Im really over it. I guess Ill just keep an eye out for people bashing.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:02 PM

just get two trucks and lend the second one to your neighbor! great way to get others into rc!
Old 11-14-2008, 09:35 PM

ORIGINAL: HoaRC

just get two trucks and lend the second one to your neighbor! great way to get others into rc!

Definately ! I have a 1/8 buggy that's real beat up but is perfect for bringing along to let others drive. It's ugly, tired, and looks like hell but it goes like hell too which is really what gets people hooked on this hobby. It's got a two speed and a hot O.S. 21 engine... good beginner car ! The best part is that it's no big deal if it gets destroyed in a firey wreck.

It never really bothered me bashing alone but now that my son is old enough there's nothing better than bashing with him. We bring three or four cars and shred til our fingers bleed !
Old 11-16-2008, 06:52 PM

Ouch lol. I bought my 2 nephews mini t's they run them with me every now and then but I can tell there not really into it.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:44 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I got so bored not only bashing alone most times but bashing in general! I all most gave up the hobby till I started racing and it is so much more exciting. I like to race so much I will drive hours just to get to one. The close track to me is 75 miles one way. If you get a chance try to run a club race but get there early to practice as it takes a LOT more skill to drive on a track then bash.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:02 PM

Yeah I have the same problem none of friends are in to it!!!! I spend more time building then bashing or driving. Although I like building just as much. It gets expensive. My co-worker a few years back got me in to it. the one thing he said that was true " YOU BETTER GET READY TO SPEND" My first car was a Modified Tmaxx with a ofna small block. it was not long before I converted it into a SUPERMAXX BIG BLOCK. Now I have 9 Trucks.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:58 PM

Ive been to a couple races and now that have dumped a lot of $$$ nto equipment, tools and yeah I have about 8 cars now next spring I will definitely be racing. Its just the meantime that Im worried about. They should have a forum or a directory for people that want to bash.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:17 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in Good Ol Montana. Closest hobby shop is about 4 hours away.... one way. I have been out numerous times around town in the past two years. Never seen anyone else runnin though. Get alot of people stopping and watching for a while. There used to be a hobby store in town about 6 years ago and there were always people around. Used to even be a track. Once the hobby store went out of business it is like all the RC'ers became a myth. SO runnin alone is a little lonely. However I am building a 2 wheel drive stadium truck for my son for Christmas. He loves these things as well. Figure it will be a good way to bond more with him and get him involved in something at an early age. Hopefully he wont get into drugs at a later age. I love working on these and find as much poleasure building and fixing as I do running. But it is still lonely for now []
Old 11-17-2008, 10:57 AM

I hear you montana. My nephews are both 13 so there at that age where they are being introduced to a lot of new things good and bad but hopefully I can steer them away from doing most of the bad stuff. I love building and repairing them too but I really cant wait until I get my dream car a early 80's Chevy Monte Carlo. Where are the moderators at? Maybe they can help us get a directory going on local bash spots.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:01 PM

ORIGINAL: westphill24

I hear you montana. My nephews are both 13 so there at that age where they are being introduced to a lot of new things good and bad but hopefully I can steer them away from doing most of the bad stuff. I love building and repairing them too but I really cant wait until I get my dream car a early 80's Chevy Monte Carlo. Where are the moderators at? Maybe they can help us get a directory going on local bash spots.
Hi westphil, you know you can change the computer password to something like "saynotodrugs" that way every time the kids log in they are thinking about drug prevention.. i got my ebay account like that and it's working really well!

btw, go to http://rcgearing.com/rcbuddylocator.html if you are tired of bashing alone.. lol..
Old 11-17-2008, 04:37 PM

yea dude. i feel ya. non of my firnds want to spend $150 on a "toy" mini.... Or a $300 nitro.... Gets boring but i got 3 onroads to bash with so me and me little bro go out and race around for a wile.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in Philadelphia with 2 hobby shops within a half an hour from me and cant find people to get together and bash. My friends arent into rc's so Im getting kind of discouraged with the hobby for that reason. When racing season starts I can get my rc fix but right now this really sucks. Just wanted to know if anyone else has felt this way?
I was in your boat. So I quit the hobby until I can afford it. focusing on BMX, skating, and shoes. And my soon to be photography habit.

Edit: I'm not suggesting you get out but think if it's worth your time and money to be bashing alone. No matter what hobby you choose, it's more fun with friends.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:58 PM

Thanks Hoarc, Im checking that out now.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:59 PM
46u

They should have a forum or a directory for people that want to bash.
They do! I have at least $25.000 or more in my RC stuff. [X(]
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_206/tt.htm
Old 11-18-2008, 08:34 PM

I meant more of a break down. Like how you can search for a member using state. Add your name to a directory and other people could search for people in there area and list spots that are good to bash at. I have a couple on-road cars but besides in the street in the front of my house I dont want to go to a pl by myself t run them.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:45 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Fortunately, I'm not in any of your positions. I found my old RC's in a box this spring and got them out and rebuilt them. My best friend had an old one in a box too and when I got back into it so did he. We decided to build a track at my house in a field area and now I have five more of my friends into it. Building a track is a great way to get others into it, yet still be able to have fun driving by yourself. I know not everyone has the space to do this, but even a little oval with several jumps and a chicago box is more fun than just tearing around the yard. It was good exercise too as we built it via lawnmower, shovels, rakes, and too many wheelbarrow loads of hand dug dirt!!!! It took us about a month and a half to get it finished completely, but working on it all the time just makes driving on it that much more rewarding. Plus, it was fun having some drinks on the weekend building it, going long into the night, in the rain sometimes! Thank god for car headlights and Optima Yellowtop batteries! Anyone in the Beaverton, MI(Mid-Michigan by Midland, Mt.P) area, feel free to PM me and come out and drive on it sometime! She's not in perfect condition right now due to the weather, but it's still fun to drive on.