Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
 Dynamite vision Peak 2 Problems/ Customer Service praise >

Dynamite vision Peak 2 Problems/ Customer Service praise

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Dynamite vision Peak 2 Problems/ Customer Service praise

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 04:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dynamite vision Peak 2 Problems/ Customer Service praise

Ok, originally I was having problems with BOTH of my dynamite vision chargers. I have the vision twin peak, and the vision peak 2. The twin had a problem with the "B" side early peaking, and the peak 2 would give error codes on any pack when I used 1 amp as the charge rate. Then I could use 2 or 4 amps rate to get it charged a little. Then I would be able to go back to 1 amp and it would continue without any errors. So I called horizon and told them what was going on and that I could only find one receipt. He said thats ok and send them in. So I packed both up, and then remembered an older tazer 12 turn esc that stopped working awhile hack. So I threw that in the box too. As I always do with warranty situations I wrote a nice letter explaining the problem and that I was a loyal and long time customer, and wanted to stay that way. And that I know they have great customer service (milking it a little). So I sent BOTH chargers in, and the esc and didnt think of it for about a week. Then I remembered about them and was just about to call and check on it, but I got a box from UPS that day. So I opened it and guess what was inside. 2 BRAND NEW CHARGERS, AND A BRAND NEW 12T ESC. They never even had to contact me at all about repairs, costs, not having proofs of purchases for all the items, or anything. They just boxed up 3 brand new items and shipped them back. Awesome customer service to say the least. The only thing that I didnt get back (and im not complaining at all) was all my deans connectors back. But who cares when you get service like that. I know some companies are strict about connectors and try to blame you if you have a problem with anything that you replaced a connector on. Not horizon. They didnt even mention it at all. And I made sure I told the guy on the phone that all the items had deans on them and not their stock tamiyas. Ok all praise aside I do have one gripe. The brand new peak 2 is doing the same thing. But now its on all 3 charge rates. And on all my 7 cell packs. But not the 6 cell. And I know they arent all bad. They work and charge perfect on the twin peak. But the peak 2 throws the flashing 3 light error on every battery unless its like 50% charged or more. If I start a pack when its lower than 50% or so it stops and errors out. So basically I give up on that one all together. At least my TWIN works perfect and charges and finishes at almost the exact same time when charging 2 packs on the A and B side. Im posting this and hoping that others that have the peak 2 have had the same issue and were able to figure out a fix, if any And I expected it to be common considering ive had problems with both that I have owned. Anyway Im done ranting, Im going to continue looking.