Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Tamiya Falcon Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya Falcon Help

My son got a vintage tamiya Falcon from his uncle and he was driving it yesterday, like young drivers he is not really that good. He crashed it into a curb, and true to form of the falcon he broke the front end.

My question is, What is the best way to go about the repair. I am sure parts are hard if not impossible to find. So what front end could we use to repair the car and get it going again.. I am willing to do a rebuild if I have to. Something for me and my boy to do together.

Thanks in advance. I apolagize to the Mods if this is in the wrong place.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Tamiya Falcon Help

Tamiya's website doesn't seem to be of much use because its a really old model, I believe the kit # is 58056. I would try calling some local hobby stores to see if they or their dealers have old stock of parts.

Unless you really like the Falcon for nostalgic reasons, don't invest much money into it. If what your son wants is a working buggy - you'd be best off buying a new up to date one. That way when something breaks you can easily find parts.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:16 AM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

there is a parts car on ebay as well as a whole car
Old 07-02-2009, 08:06 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I would just watch Ebay for parts cars. Getting a New chassis is going to be almost impossible and if you do find one it's gonna be expensive. If you're attached to the Falcon then I'd just fix it and put it on the shelf. If you're not attached then i'd seriously consider selling it for whatever you can get for it. I love old Tamiya's and had a Falcon for many years but it wasn't one of Tamiya's strongest cars. Breaking the front end off was pretty common. Reguardless of what you do with the Falcon i'd suggest you find something else to run and bash. You can typically pick up used traxxas cars and trucks for way under $100 RTR.

There are a couple on Ebay right now. One looks to be aa parts car and the other is RTR

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Tamiya-Falcon-RC-Car-for-Parts_W0QQitemZ320390624239QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadi o_Control_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4a98c4f3ef&_t rksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1 |72%3A1205|293%3A1|294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tamiya-Falcon-Buggy-2wd-1-10th-Scale_W0QQitemZ290327855969QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadi o_Control_Vehicles?hash=item4398e38361&_trksid=p32 86.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A120 5|293%3A1|294%3A50
Old 07-02-2009, 09:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you'll be able to find the parts on ebay, but beware the falcon has a notoriosly weak front end, they always did and the aging plastic doesn't help.

your son would be better off with a hornet if you want to stay vintage, or a dt02 sand viper, dt02 neo-falcon ect... (if you want to stay with a tamiya).

otherwise a late model losi or associated (like a xx, xxx, b3 etc...)wouldn;t be a bad idea, they are tough as nails.