Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
 NJGB - Saying Hello w/ First Car - What is it? >

NJGB - Saying Hello w/ First Car - What is it?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

NJGB - Saying Hello w/ First Car - What is it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 11:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NJGB - Saying Hello w/ First Car - What is it?

Hey fellas, dropping in to say hello for the first time. Igot a car than I would like to learn more about.

My brother gave this to me a few years ago but I never got it on the road. Ihaven't had a rc car for years since I was a kid and would like some help to get started. I don't even know what kind of car it is. I know it's an AWD nitro car and it came with some extra stuff like spare motor, wheels, spark plug thing, jump starter. I was hoping someone could tell me what kind of car it is and we could go from there. It is missing some bolts on what looks like a throttle linkage. The last pic has the missing bolts circled if some one can tell me what's going on there. I really appreciate any help with this and look forward to driving this thing soon.

Here is a pic or two:

Old 04-14-2010, 12:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: NJGB - Saying Hello w/ First Car - What is it?

looks like a Associated Nitro TC3

Type that in google images and see if it is the same.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:08 AM

^ I agree with Redfisher, good luck getting it going.

Bill
Old 04-14-2010, 07:24 AM

I don't have any idea what model you have there, but it looks pretty nice. I'm personally into off-road.

I can tell you the screws you're missing are just the throttle servo screws. They hold the servo in place and usually come with the servo. If you have a LHS nearby, you should be able to pick them up relatively cheap. Otherwise, take one out from your steering servo and take it down to ACE or some other type of hardward store and get replacements there.

Good luck getting it going. Nice gift with a spare engine...
Old 04-14-2010, 01:28 PM

Thanks for the heads up guys! Looks like it is indeed a TC3 which apparently aren't cheap by any means, wasn't aware they cost this much. It's in excellent shape overall and seems to be a good car from what I have read so far. I plan to get those screws in this weekend and break in the motor after that. I really appreciate the help so far and will keep posting with updates as I get further along.

I also just bought a 1/8 scale RC rock crawler for me and my nephew. That is what made me think about getting this guy up and running.