Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > RC Fuels
converting 4 cycle to 2 cycle (cool power) >

converting 4 cycle to 2 cycle (cool power)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

converting 4 cycle to 2 cycle (cool power)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 04:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default converting 4 cycle to 2 cycle (cool power)

I have a couple of gallons of cool power 4 cycle fuel. The bottle doesn't say what the oil content is. I bought some klotz oil to mix but don't know how much to add. I'd like to make it a 20% blend. Help and thx.
Old 08-02-2003, 05:42 AM
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rather than give everyone a headache, just add four ounces of oil and pray that it is compatible with the oil that Cool Power uses.

Seriously, it will work just fine as it is. Just keep the mixture a tad on the rich side, which you should be doing anyway.
Old 08-03-2003, 11:18 PM

I believe Coolpower 4-cycle is 15% nitro and 17% oil (it was the last time I asked them about it anyway) Regular Coolpower 15%also has 17% oil, so the 4-cycle fuel you have will probably work just fine without adding oil, just as Artisan says. But if you just have to have a full 20%, add 4.8 oz of oil. (I add 3.2 oz of Klotz BeNOL to my Coolpower, which brings it up to 19%, because it makes me feel good to do so. Not sure how my 2-cycle engines feel about it.) I believe that Klotz BeNOL, KL-100, and KL-200 will all mix with the Coolpower.
Old 08-04-2003, 11:41 PM
My Feedback: (3)

coolpower 4 cycle is 17% oil , 50/50 castor /synthetic 15% nitro.