Community
Search
Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

Scared to run Cool Power

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scared to run Cool Power

I have a new saito 82 and have run a gallon of widcat 20\20 through it. Runs great on this fuel but hobby shop is out of it but sold me 15% cool power. The oil content was not listed so I went to www.morganfuel.com and they listed it as 17% oil content. Saito recomends 20% so I was going to add 3% castor to the gallon. Should I do this, dont run cool power at all, wait till a new shipment of Wildcat comes in, or go to a different fuel all together?
Old 08-03-2007, 01:41 PM

Default RE: Scared to run Cool Power

17% wont hurt it if you dont go lean on the engine - if you really want to go over 17% oil, add a little amount of castor or normal synthetic motor oil to the gallon and use that. Dont worry too much

after finishing that gallon, you can go back to 20/20, tho u will have to adjust your needles again.

PS: alternatively you can go for the 15% CP Heli blend with 18% MultiViscosity Synt oil. (which saito says OK)
Old 08-03-2007, 03:08 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: liquid_TR
17% wont hurt it if you dont go lean on the engine - if you really want to go over 17% oil, add a little amount of castor or normal synthetic motor oil to the gallon and use that. Dont worry too much
"Normal synthetic motor oil" won't mix with methanol and would not be a good idea. I suspect you meant synthetic "model oil" perhaps?

Old 08-03-2007, 06:33 PM

by normal engine synt oil - I meant like klotz syth oil or derivatives. I use "normal" car engine oil as ARO - and it doesnt smell good when burnt
Old 08-03-2007, 09:51 PM
My Feedback: (47)

Cessna, You do not want to run your engine lean no matter what fuel or oil content you use. Cool Power will be fine and it will not hurt your engine. Call Horizon and ask them. I have used Cool Power, Omega, and Wildcat for years. I sometimes add 2ounces of castor to the fuel but I can't really tell any difference in the performance.
Fred