Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

WCM 1/4 Sprint Car Tires

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2021, 12:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default WCM 1/4 Sprint Car Tires

Recently acquired these 2 with a bunch of parts. Have some questions about tires. As you can see I have a couple of sets of NOS tires from WCM and another set from Race Craft Tires. These 2 sets I'm saving for a restoration but looking for tires in the meantime for running. The tires on the cars right now look like a solid rubber core with rubber bands. Anyone know where to get the bands (or a hack, i.e. using an inner tube such as from a handheld dolly for source of bands?) Also how are the bands mounted? Are they glued on the rim halves or...?I looked at Bishop Racing website but don't see any tires specifically for the 6 bolt WCM rims, only the newer plastic 4-bolt rims.

And finally can someone tell me the difference between the NOS tires that I have? Why do the WCM tires have a smooth blue plastic inner band whereas the Race Craft tires have a rubber lined mating surface?. Wouldn't the WCM tires spin on the rims under torque? Thx.

Both stock, Zenoah engines.

Rear wheel with band I'd like to replace.

Original NOS WCM tire with blue plastic band on inside.

Another original NOS WCM tire in bad with blue insert.

NOS Race Craft front tire (notice no plastic on inside) but a semi-pliable rubber throughout.

NOS Race Craft rear (again no plastic like on the NOS WCM tires).