Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Cordless electric blowers - source? >

Cordless electric blowers - source?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Cordless electric blowers - source?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cordless electric blowers - source?

At Ohio, I saw at least 4 different cordless electric blowers in use for engine cooling (Craftsman, WeedEater, Black&Decker, and Makita(or was it Ryobi?)). I know they exist, but I can't find any retailer that carries them. Where did you guys buy/order them from?

Thanks, Todd
Old 09-02-2003, 04:16 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default makita blowers

I have the Makita 14.4 volt blower. I bought mine from ebay. I got my whole setup for about 110.00 which was the blower, battery, and charger all new in the package. If you buy it from a retailer you will pay about 80.00 for the blower alone (no battery or charger). Just do a search on google for makita UB141dz and it will give you many sources. You can also do the same search on ebay as well.

Patrick.
Old 09-02-2003, 04:25 PM
esf
My Feedback: (2)

Default Weedeater

I bought a Weedeater Vroom at Wal-mart for $40. about a year ago. Don't know if they still have them. Good Luck. Scott
Old 09-02-2003, 07:32 PM
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default cordless blower

Weedeater (Vroom) is no longer produced.

Go to www.toolsteal.com and do a search of cordless blower, they sell the Makita blowers. 12, 14.4 or 18 volt models. They are located in Lackawanna NY.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:30 PM
My Feedback: (49)

Default Cordless blower

I have the Makita 18V cordless blower. I ordered it from the local Makita dealer and it was about $130.

Mitchell
Old 09-02-2003, 11:34 PM

Default option to cordless broom

You might want to consider a bilge blower and flexible vent tube. They are small (about 5x3), run on 12 volts and move a serious volume of air. You can have a complete rig for under $25. You could just install it in your flight box rather than carrying yet another gadget to the start area and you don't have to worry about another low capacity battery on the corded broom.

Antony
Old 09-03-2003, 03:35 PM

Default Nice Option

Thanks for the input guys.

Aparchment, the bilge blower looks like an interesting option. I have a West Marine in town, so I can take a look at what they have. Here is a 240 CFM Det Mar unit from their web site:

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...02&storeNum=12

Can some of you DF flyers comment on how an "in-line" blower would react to sticking a 4" to 2" PVC pipe reducer on the outlet of this thing?
Old 09-04-2003, 06:05 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cordless electric blowers - source?

Omega,
I've run the Bilge blower setup two years ago with my old RAM 750. Worked real well. Here's a page I put together with pictures and a write-up for the US RC Jet Command.