Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti DS-12

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti DS-12

Old 07-18-2020, 11:24 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by camss69
Yeah Harry needs descriptions with links to his vids, there’s too many to sort through on his YouTube channel.
I recognise that, and thought about sorting them into folders but youtube doesn't have that. Any suggestions about how to organise them for people to find? At the end of each I put a link to the next relevant video, and you can search yt with the phrase "jeti xxx" where xxx is word or words of interest and it will find mine, and others, if title words match.
But any help about making it easier for people to navigate would be much appreciated.
Old 07-19-2020, 02:25 AM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

I got your back Harry, I've been working on the list for the past 3 hrs, not done yet ( got to sleep now ) I will be done tomorrow ( my time )

I have this app called Collect ( it's free ) I've created what they call boards of the different subjects and separated the videos into the different boards, each boards has a name ( logic switches, servos, safety, Assist etc.. ) at anyone's request they get a link if the videos they want to watch or they can get all the boards, any one that may want to look at a specific subject can request the board, it can go to their email, text, whatsapp account and so on, I'm not sure if another app user can take the boards from me so I don't have be in the loop all the time, I can add the new videos to the boards as the become available for sure.

Last edited by CARS II; 07-19-2020 at 02:35 AM.
Old 07-19-2020, 09:20 AM
MarkF

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for doing all this Carlos and thanks for making all the video's Henry. I fly Futaba 18sz and plan to switch to Jeti by end of year. I'm torn between the 12 and 16. Mostly because of the lack of sliders. So I will probably go the 16 route. I plan to watch all of Henry's video's in the mean time. I will follow this thread to help familiarize myself to the Jeti world.
Old 07-19-2020, 09:28 AM
CARS II

You are welcome Mark.

Doing all this work has pushed my learning curve steeper.

I think Jeti has announced on FB that their V2 DS16 is going to be release soon.

I wanted sliders also but, getting the newest and a color screen pushed me to the DS12.

Last edited by CARS II; 07-19-2020 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07-19-2020, 09:32 AM
MarkF

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Yea now the decision to buy a used 16 when the new one comes out, i'm sure there will be plenty, or get the latest and be done with it lol

Last edited by MarkF; 07-19-2020 at 09:45 AM.
Old 07-19-2020, 09:38 AM
CARS II

I stand by my decision and happy, get the newest and adjust to the new radio configuration, having the newest won.
Old 07-19-2020, 10:16 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Although there are already very long Jeti threads here and over on RCG, it's good to start a fresh one here for newcomers and especially for the new DS-12. Finding info on the other huge threads can be frustrating and even there some of the same questions get cycled. Most of the programming info will apply to all Jeti radios but a more specific thread for the DS-12 was needed anyway.
Old 07-19-2020, 11:50 AM
CARS II

What he said, again that's exactly who I'm trying to help with this thread, specially moa certified Jeti newbie member.

Tks.

Last edited by CARS II; 07-19-2020 at 12:07 PM.
Old 07-19-2020, 12:00 PM
CARS II

I now have organized all of the subjects fom Harry's videos on what the Collect app calls Boards, here is the list of all the subjects I saw, if you would like all or a specific subject, post here or pm me on the subject you want to watch, you will be getting a massage with a link to the videos via your the Collect app if you have it ( it's free ) email, text, whatsapp and a few more.

Took about 5 hrs to get it done, I needed the vids organized this way to reduce the time that I was spending on YT looking for a specific subject, now if I want to know about Accelerometers then I go straight to the vid and learn.

I will be monitoring YT for his latest videos and will be editing the boards now and then.

My deepest THANK YOU to Harry C. for taking the time to make and continuing making these Jeti videos, I for one will be learning from them immensely.

Jeti video subjects.

Newcomers
Updating/Transfer
Butterfly/Crow/Flaps
Safety
Landing Gear
Gliders
Trims
Miscellaneous
Accelerometers/Timers
LUAs
Gyros
Audio/voice/sounds
Receivers
Telemetry
Mixing
Servos
Assist
Flight Modes
M Vario
Check List
Rates
CB/Bus System
Batt/Batt switches
Curare
Logic Switches
Throttle
Training/Boddy Box
LUA Apps
Curves
Eurosport Set Up
Throttle/Engine

Tks.

Last edited by CARS II; 07-19-2020 at 12:28 PM.
The following users liked this post:
flyingboxer (09-04-2020)
Old 07-19-2020, 12:45 PM
JimBrown
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HarryC
I recognise that, and thought about sorting them into folders but youtube doesn't have that. Any suggestions about how to organise them for people to find? At the end of each I put a link to the next relevant video, and you can search yt with the phrase "jeti xxx" where xxx is word or words of interest and it will find mine, and others, if title words match.
But any help about making it easier for people to navigate would be much appreciated.
Harry, you may want to look into creating "Playlists". Think of them as folders...

Regards,
...jim
Old 07-19-2020, 01:40 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JimBrown
Harry, you may want to look into creating "Playlists". Think of them as folders...

Regards,
...jim
I did look at playlists, but got the impression they were personal to each user and not something that could be published. Is that not right then?
Old 07-19-2020, 04:26 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

I did look at playlists, but got the impression they were personal to each user and not something that could be published. Is that not right then?
Playlist are normally used for let say....project one playlist, project two playlist ect......and can be put in order in there....a little like folder a la YouTube... style...
Old 07-19-2020, 04:37 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

I was kind of thinking a post with links to each video but naming the links what the videos covered. That way you could just click on the link and it takes you right to the vid. Would be nice to have it stickied somewhere but I don’t think there’s an official Jeti support forum anywhere, is there?
Old 07-19-2020, 04:40 PM
camss69

Originally Posted by MarkF
Thanks for doing all this Carlos and thanks for making all the video's Henry. I fly Futaba 18sz and plan to switch to Jeti by end of year. I'm torn between the 12 and 16. Mostly because of the lack of sliders. So I will probably go the 16 route. I plan to watch all of Henry's video's in the mean time. I will follow this thread to help familiarize myself to the Jeti world.
I would definitely wait for the gen 2 if you think you might want to go with the 16. I was all set to upgrade from gen 1 to 2 but I see there’s no haptic feedback on the gen 2 which is a bummer. There’s also options to buy functions which I think I’d just get everything when I bought it. Now I’m thinking I might wait and hold out for a nice lightly used 24 to pop up. Not sure, but my current 16 is doing fine for now.
Old 07-19-2020, 05:46 PM
cycross

I was kind of thinking a post with links to each video but naming the links what the videos covered. That way you could just click on the link and it takes you right to the vid. Would be nice to have it stickied somewhere but I don’t think there’s an official Jeti support forum anywhere, is there?
There is one pretty decent international one which has viewership by Jeti as they do listen in, otherwise the forum mods have good network with the Jeti owners to bring up issues.

https://www.jetiforum.de/

Old 07-19-2020, 08:02 PM
camss69

Test Link for the Collect app, it lets you group things like videos together and then share them all in one place. It looks like you can use the link even if you don’t want to install the app.. now if I could figure out how to name the link something meaningful instead of how it shows below.

Test link renamed

Last edited by camss69; 07-19-2020 at 08:44 PM.
Old 07-19-2020, 09:47 PM
Jannica

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Harry C.

Do you think you could make a video about how to use a two or three point switch instead of using the trim buttons to arm and disarm a turbine ECU?

Jannica

Sweden
Old 07-19-2020, 10:08 PM
camss69

Originally Posted by Jannica
Harry C.

Do you think you could make a video about how to use a two or three point switch instead of using the trim buttons to arm and disarm a turbine ECU?

Jannica

Sweden
It’s really easy here’s how I do it in 3 pictures.

Set your max positive to 100 and max negative to -125% on your throttle.
Remove the digital trims from the throttle channel.
Set your throttle cut and idle as I have it below and assign to whatever switch you want to use.
Good to go!

Old 07-19-2020, 11:34 PM
Jannica

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

It’s really easy here’s how I do it in 3 pictures.

Set your max positive to 100 and max negative to -125% on your throttle.
Remove the digital trims from the throttle channel.
Set your throttle cut and idle as I have it below and assign to whatever switch you want to use.
Good to go!

Thank You! I´ll give it a try!
Jannica
Old 07-20-2020, 03:43 AM
Dansy

If you do both throttle cut and idle trim on the same switch you cannot induce cooling if required......

And at least for KingTech.....it should be +- 100
Old 07-20-2020, 04:08 AM
wfield0455

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dansy
If you do both throttle cut and idle trim on the same switch you cannot induce cooling if required......

And at least for KingTech.....it should be +- 100
Agreed there's no need to set +100% / -125% for max positive/negative on throttle channel. As a matter of fact I often set them to +/-80% which allows me to avoid the need to repeat "Teach R/C" when moving a plane from say Spektrum to Jeti as a max pos/neg of +/-80% closely replicates the servo pulse width range from Spectrum/JR, etc.

Not sure what you mean by cannot induce cooling if cut/idle are on the same switch as I do this all the time. I simply move the switch to "cut" and the turbine stops and automatically goes into cool down mode for all my turbines.. What am I' missing ?

Last edited by wfield0455; 07-20-2020 at 04:11 AM.
Old 07-20-2020, 04:19 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by wfield0455
Agreed there's no need to set +100% / -125% for max positive/negative on throttle channel. As a matter of fact I often set them to +/-80% which allows me to avoid the need to repeat "Teach R/C" when moving a plane from say Spektrum to Jeti as a max pos/neg of +/-80% closely replicates the servo pulse width range from Spectrum/JR, etc.

Not sure what you mean by cannot induce cooling if cut/idle are on the same switch as I do this all the time. I simply move the switch to "cut" and the turbine stops and automatically goes into cool down mode for all my turbines.. What am I' missing ?
‘IF you used the same switch for the throttle cut and the Idle up....you cannot do manual cooling without starting the motor...Since the motor will be armed for a start...

i think I should have used throttle lock versus cut....
Old 07-20-2020, 06:34 AM
JimBrown
My Feedback: (2)

When you create a playlist, you should have the option to make it public, unlisted or private. And, as mentioned above, you should have the option to set the order of the videos in the playlist. Handy for when the original video uploads were out of order for "technical" reasons. ;-)

All the best,
...jim
Old 07-20-2020, 09:40 AM
wfield0455

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dansy
‘IF you used the same switch for the throttle cut and the Idle up....you cannot do manual cooling without starting the motor. Since the motor will be armed for a start...

i think I should have used throttle lock versus cut....
So normally manual cool down would involve advancing the throttle stick directly from low trim. Can't you simulate that by leaving the turbine control switch in the stop position ( trim low) advancing the throttle stick and then moving the turbine control switch to the run position ? Doing that should look exactly like advancing the throttle directly from trim low and trigger a manual cool down.
Old 07-20-2020, 09:49 AM
camss69

Originally Posted by wfield0455
So normally manual cool down would involve advancing the throttle stick directly from low trim. Can't you simulate that by leaving the turbine control switch in the stop position ( trim low) advancing the throttle stick and then moving the turbine control switch to the run position ? Doing that should look exactly like advancing the throttle directly from trim low and trigger a manual cool down.
I think the throttle position just stays at throttle cut and it doesn’t see the stick input maybe?

I’ve never tried to do the manual cooling with my setup I’ll try it next time I’m out.

The -125 and 100 end points work with Kingtech learn RC, I suspect -100 and 80 would as well. You are correct and it should be noted in this thread that -80 and +80 end points in Jeti are equivalent to -100 and +100 on I think everybody else? I know JR and Spektrum, not sure about Futaba.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.