Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 DF He-162 >

DF He-162

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

DF He-162

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DF He-162

I bought a DF He-162 by CJM from another modeler. He has finished the inlet were nicely, but my problem is how to hold the fan unit in place. The fan unit I have is a DynaMax and has an aluminum angle on each side for mounting in place. With the angles attached, I don't believe it's possible to fit the fan unit in the nacelle. I was going to remove the angles and build up something to allow me to put a long machine screw thru the pod and tie it into the fan. If anyone has built this plane as a DF or any ideas about how I might do this I would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks
Old 05-06-2005, 02:47 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: DF He-162

hi
I have one to and I had trouble as well. I'm using a BVM91/viojet unit. I thought my problems were because of not using the dynamax. Not so as I now see.
I had to warm the fiberglass with a heat gun ( be careful here, don't overheat) to spread the housing apart. I then reinforced it with epoxy/carbon fiber mat. I warmed the area and put a spread rod (wood dowel and plywood scrap) while it cured to hold the new spacing. Next I epoxied plywood to the sides and ran the screws down into the plywood. I made sure that the vibration mounting pads didn't press too hard against the housing sides. That was about the only way I could see around the problem.
I have not yet finished my 162 but the engine/fan and ducting fit nicely now.
I figure I should have gone Turbine but at the "best of the west" meet I heard that the 162/turbine didn't handle as well as the DF version. I'll just keep it as a DF. Maybe it's just as good or even better but I don't want to find out thr hard way!
I hope this helps
Old 05-06-2005, 12:16 PM
My Feedback: (61)

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

In the new Jet power mag there is a big HE-162 being sold over in europe. Its about 100" L and is basically an arf, painted too. I tried to get some more info in it but did not get a reply to my e-mails.
V..
Old 05-06-2005, 05:25 PM
My Feedback: (12)

The CJM HE-162 was designed for the RAMTEC fan. I was going to try to use a dynamax fan but figured I would just get a ramtec fan. I spoke with Bruce from CJM and he said the plane would fly fine with either set up. My mounting idea was to replace the angle bracket with a flat bar drill and tap it on both sides of the shroud mounting flange screws Then put a piece of ply inside the nacelle on each side and use two screws from the outside through the ply into the flat bar. With the ramtec you have to cut the plastic mounting ears off the shroud. Good luck.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:27 AM

If you are interested in a self build HE162 visit www. vth.de They are a hobby mag publisher in Germany and carry model plans of all types. They have a 162 plan, a wingspan of 4 feet eight inches and fuse length of 6 feet one inch. Big enough for a turbine and and a couple of gallons of fuel! also seems it can be used as a glider or use a really powerful electric fan. Cost? well for UK buyers it comes out with tax and postage £13 (euros €19). They post you a copy of their latest aeromodeller mag (FMT) with order (in German of course but worth a look). At the price they ask its worth getting into your stock of "plans to build- one day"!. Hope this helps. Spoke to another modeller who built one, said the turbine version flew well as long as the engine was well back in the pod and batteries etc well forward. Pod is approx 5.75" diam max. 30" long
ORIGINAL: Vincent

In the new Jet power mag there is a big HE-162 being sold over in europe. Its about 100" L and is basically an arf, painted too. I tried to get some more info in it but did not get a reply to my e-mails.
V..