Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 Kentucky Jets resolution >

Kentucky Jets resolution

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Kentucky Jets resolution

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 10:08 PM

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Kentucky Jets resolution

Over the past week or so, many of you have witnessed conflicting and confusing statements regarding the production of Kentucky Jets.

Simply put, because of the overwhelming success and magnitude of the inaugural event in 2006 and the new and exciting additions for 2007, the key players, namely AMT/USA and me, needed to re-define our particular roles and, unfortunately, that process was played out on this message board.

In 2006, AMT, the Lebanon Tourist & Convention Commission and I worked hand-in-hand to produce this event along with contributions by others, including the City of Lebanon, the Lebanon-Springfield Airport and Airport FBO Jessica Bailey.

Neither AMT nor the LTCC played the typical role of a sponsor, as described by many of you in recent postings. And at no time was AMT regarded a typical sponsor in that, from day one, they bore the financial risks for the entire event and committed whatever funding was required to offer the features and amenities that we all agreed to have at Kentucky Jets ‘06 while providing the majority of labor to orchestrate and make the event happen.

The LTCC and I also played significant roles and, together, we all chipped in to make this wonderful event happen.

Essentially, what you have been witnessing is a lover’s quarrel, so to speak, and we all apologize for involving you in our spat.

I believe that both AMT and I have always had the best interests of Kentucky Jets in mind and we just had differences of opinion. I regret that AMT’s name was tarnished on this forum and we all hope you will ignore that error on our part and focus on what we have to offer at Kentucky Jets ‘07.

We have worked together to re-define the roles each of us will play. AMT will continue being a primary sponsor of Kentucky Jets. However, I will now be a typical contest director and all communications, questions, etc. regarding Kentucky Jets should come to me. AMT and I have agreed that financial matters will be taken care of by the River City Radio Controllers.

There is already good news to tell you. The Kentucky Tourism Council has named Kentucky Jets a 2007 Top 10 Summer Event! The event received the honor for it s wildly successful inaugural year and the improvements being made for this year. Meanwhile, last week, the 101st Airborne Skydivers have officially committed to make an appearance and open the event Sat., July 7. They will even carry the American flag to the ground while the National Anthem is sung.

We have also started online pre-registration to make pre-registering more comfortable for you.

Please visit our Web site at www.visitlebanonky.com or www.heartofkentucky.com for updates and online pre-registration.

If you would like a free Welcome packet with loads of information about the area, e-mail [email protected] and ask for one. If you would like to vacation in the area the week of or week after Kentucky Jets ’07, contact the LTCC and they will help create an itinerary tailored to your interests.

We all look forward to seeing you at Kentucky Jets ’07! Many of you have indicated your strong support for me and for this event. I hope you will show that support by pre-registering and attending the show.

Lewis “The General†Patton
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50790.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	680003   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12049.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	680004   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm34838.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	680005   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23799.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	680006   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17649.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	680007   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13285.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	680008   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23313.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	680009   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25235.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	680010  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg14272.jpg
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	680011   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97931.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	680012   Click image for larger version

Name:	He97195.jpg
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	680013   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn38094.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	680014  
Old 05-07-2007, 10:21 PM
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Kentucky Jets resolution

What a class act you are Lewis. Have a great event!
Old 05-07-2007, 10:34 PM

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

Chris Hamilton of the Lebanon Tourism Commission served as mediator and helped us work this situation out. We are now ready to put on a great show. Thanks to all for your concerns.

The General
Old 05-07-2007, 11:12 PM
My Feedback: (38)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great to see you guys worked it all out. It's just a shame that it didn't happen before all the mud slingin' a few days ago. Classless!
None the less, I can't wait for KY JETS! Hangin out in that huge tent with all the pilots together was to coolest thing I've seen at any event. I'm glad to be able to leave the tent at home!
Old 05-07-2007, 11:52 PM
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cannot put into words how happy I am that this has been ironed out. Lewis Patton and John Ligons are to be commended for getting past the initial hard feelings and working together to come to an agreement.

KENTUCKY JETS!!!!!
Old 05-08-2007, 06:16 AM
My Feedback: (8)

Thanks for the greats news Lewis, KY Jets was a great event for the jet community last year. Justin
Old 05-08-2007, 07:33 AM
My Feedback: (24)

There, my friends, is what it's all about - VERY well articulated and a class-act response.

From all the previous soap opera, I've actually developed a more POSITIVE view of AMT - weird. But, if they were able to go that far out of their way to make things as "right" as possible, that's a heck of a start. As for Mr. Patton; never had a doubt as to his fine character. I can relate to this common "human process" that just occurred; it's just not usually unfolding in public. Instead of carrying a torch, they worked through it - life lesson there - I'm impressed.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:42 AM
My Feedback: (1)

The universe is once again in alinment and all is well, so let us all pack up and head to Kentucky boys!!!!!!!!

Great to see my two friends worked this out. Now I can start packing the van so we can come because plowing the back 40 sucks man. I rather be flying.

Looking for a great time guys and we are coming early.

Monk
Old 05-08-2007, 11:37 AM
My Feedback: (18)

thanks for getting the facts out so everyone knows that there were NO bad guys, just disagreements as to direction .
i am sure the event will be bigger and better in 07"
Old 05-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Banned
My Feedback: (88)

We will be there for the entire duration of the Event. The family and I are really excited about this one!

-Patrick
Old 05-08-2007, 12:04 PM
My Feedback: (65)

Well now sure glad all the purse swing is over WHEEEE[:-] Really great to see that we all can work it out thats whats friends are suppose to do

ANYWHO headed for the bluegrass hills in July can not wait going to be a great time
Old 05-09-2007, 10:41 AM
My Feedback: (61)

Great news guys!!

I'm glad everything worked out.

Best REgards,

Adil
Old 05-14-2007, 10:48 PM
My Feedback: (55)

Hi Lewis. Glad to hear things worked out. Again we as a members of the RCRC cant wait to spend the weekend at the LS airport and do whatever we can to make things go smoothly and have a wanderful event this year too.
I will be there for the weekend so just put me to work.
Freddy
Old 05-15-2007, 05:59 AM
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In case anyone missed it, here is coverage from last years KY Jets....http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_44...%2C2006/tm.htm

The time is fast approaching for KY Jets 2007 which shows promise of being bigger & better than 2006. Of course, this can only happen if you the pilots and their families choose to attend. Without you, there is no show! After all, you in yourself are the embodiment of this event. It also helps to have the backing of the great sponsors who have so graciously donated to the event, for as we all know...it takes bucks to put an event such as this.

I for one am looking forward a few weeks in anticipation for another great year. Hope you will come join us in the picturesque Kentucky landscape for a great fun filled weekend of Jet flying. Don't forget, this is a family event, so make sure to bring the wife & kids. Drive safe!

Ronnie