Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 Turbine Restrictions during Burn Bans >

Turbine Restrictions during Burn Bans

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Turbine Restrictions during Burn Bans

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Turbine Restrictions during Burn Bans

I think seanreit is not thinking things through out side of his own selfish world. I am a fairly new member to the club and the club has been very friendly and open minded. I fly heli's and not jets or props, but we all fly together with out any issues which is very hard to find.

What he is proposing here is that either he tries to close the club down just because the rules does not fit his needs, or let the jets fly during burn band and catch the area on fire and cause the club to still get shut down. HMMM.

We have cedar trees that our all over our properties and if anything like this video show would happen in those trees during a burn band then the club is history.
[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z6EctoAcXs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z6EctoAcXs[/link]
So Cedar + Dry + Burn Band + Jet Fuel = a very serious problem and good bye club. Now since jets cover such a large area, even if you had a fire truck, by the time you get to it, you are going to need some help from the local fire department.

It is a shame that all it takes is one person to ruin such a good club.

I love jets and they are fun to watch, just to bad my pocket book could not afford one because I would have one. Everyone at the club loves jets, so why spread lyes that the club does not like them?
Old 04-02-2008, 10:09 PM
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: jbdww

What he is proposing here is that either he tries to close the club down just because the rules does not fit his needs, or let the jets fly during burn band and catch the area on fire and cause the club to still get shut down. HMMM.
This is not at all what I am suggesting.

We have cedar trees that our all over our properties and if anything like this video show would happen in those trees during a burn band then the club is history.
[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z6EctoAcXs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z6EctoAcXs[/link]
So Cedar + Dry + Burn Band + Jet Fuel = a very serious problem and good bye club. Now since jets cover such a large area, even if you had a fire truck, by the time you get to it, you are going to need some help from the local fire department.
Cedar trees will burn regardless of time of year.
I love jets and they are fun to watch, just to bad my pocket book could not afford one because I would have one. Everyone at the club loves jets, so why spread lyes that the club does not like them?
Why not get in contact with me, getting into jets can be way more economical than you think. I am available at my shop every day from 8am till midnight building jets from scratch. I would encourage anyone who wants to, to stop by and get an idea how much easier it is than most think to build a very solid model.

Aside from this issue, I have just recieved confirmation from Bob Covish that Waco, and Seguin do NOT HAVE TURBINE BANS during county burn bans. Mr. Covish spoke in complete error and completely out of place.

As I had suggested all along, it was Mr. Covish who originally started this as a CLUB RULE, and then he told us all that other clubs had followed suit. And everyone else just believed him.

I like Bob, and we have spoken off line on the phone several times, this is not a dig, just a perfect example how many are speaking without REAL KNOWLEDGE, CREATING FEAR, and those that don't really know are just following like lemmings.

Sad state of affairs IMO.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:39 PM

So now that we have it clear that it is a bad ideal to do something that would close the club, we can now start working on this issue without threats.

This club has a lot of good members that try to get along with each other no matter what they fly and Robin has done a great job at this. This is a hobby and we all need to come out and have fun. So let’s please do not cause any tension amongst the member.

Burn bands where not only setup to give people rules to go by, but they where also created to give everyone a warning that the current conditions are very high to start a fire that could get out of control in a hurry so everyone needs to pay more attention to common since when it comes to accidently starting a fire, like to not throw your cigarettes out the window, or do not park you car over tall grass, etc.. So the club is just trying to do there part into not causing this to happen.

Usually a burn ban is during days that have high winds and if a jet where to crash into our trees, before a person can get out there with a truck full of water the winds may have already spread the fire out of control. Since the club is on park land and if this where to happen, the city may be forced to make the club leave, which then we all will have to drive to other towns just so that we can fly.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:46 PM
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sean,

While in Waco a couple of weeks ago, we were loading up to go to a banquet in Valley Mills. The president of the Waco club came over and told me that turbines were not to fly during burn bans. As we were running late I said OK and left for the banquet
I talked to the president this evening and told me that it was discussed at a club meeting and the outcome was that no published rule was instituted and the president has the say when turbines can't fly and his position is that we don't fly during a burn ban.
I did not mislead anyone, I just relayed what was said to me by the president.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:53 PM

Sean,
You are lucky the ARCA field even allows jets at the field. The south field prohibits jets all together.

I am not a fan of any club 'rules'. Most rules are common sense anyway. However, threating to close the club down or preventing them from having concessions during a contest when you don't get your way is just childish behavior.

For the record - I am in favor of removing the no-fly during burn ban rules. I would also like to see you find another club to fly at. Making threats to harm a club is not a card to be played! You are not a 'member' of this club by force. If you don't like it - leave. It's really as simple as that.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:06 PM
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: Kevin_W

If you will drop the threats against the club I am willing to act as a moderator or go-between to see if we can get this resolved before any permanent damage is done.

Will you accept that?

I think Kevin’s idea is a good one. AFAIC, there is no victor and no vanquished here. I’m going to close this thread and let Kevin work his magic. With proper arrangements, the devil can see GOD.