Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 Jet Central LPSS Rhino >

Jet Central LPSS Rhino

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jet Central LPSS Rhino

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jet Central LPSS Rhino

ORIGINAL: ravill

ORIGINAL: BluFox

RAF:

Jet Central USA handles all dealers world wide as well as service and sales for North America.

Hope this helps clarify.

Thanks,
Eric
So the service is done in the United States of America? I'm wondering because I really, REALLY would not like to send an engine internationally for service. Enough engines are "lost" by not sending them internationally.

Raf
When an engine needs service Eric receives it at his office in FL. He then goes over the turbine and shipps it to mexico for the proper service. This is when i come in to play. I am the Reload sup at the UPS facility that handles all of Erics international and state wide shipment. He lets me know what going out, I make sure it gets to the next destination on time and with out delay.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:48 PM
My Feedback: (10)

RAF:

Not sure where you are going with this, but let me put your mind or fears at ease.

All service from Asia, North America, South America and parts of Europe is handled by me. Some service I perform here in Florida, the balance of which is shipped to Mexico. UPS delivers to me in the morning and if it must go to Mexico, it is packaged and shipped out by 5P.M. the same day. It arrives in Mexico the next morning. Our service facility receives the package the following morning. Tracking numbers for all shipments are emailed each day to our facility following my shipments. I have a personal contact in management within UPS who insures all packages leaving Florida are handled properly and professionally.

In the almost 5 years I have been involved with Artes turbines - now Jet Central Micro Turbines, no turbine has ever been lost. . .ever !

I trust this answers your questions/fears/concerns.

Best regards,
Eric Clapp
Jet Central Micro Turbines
Old 08-18-2008, 01:36 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Eric

I saw your turbines during Florida JETS.. and i am thinking to buy a Rhino to put it in my new Super Bandit Composite, i bought the bypass for JETCAT 120/ TITAN.. Do you think that Rhino will fit it??

I am from Brasil, but i will be at JETPOWER in Germany next month.. JETCENTRAL will be there??

Thanks

Heraldo
Old 08-18-2008, 05:37 PM

Hi Sean:

No, this is not the engine we spoke about. . .The engine we discussed is still under development. It is a larger engine in diameter, length, weight, etc. A totally different turbine. We will release the final specifications and pricing here on RCU when completed. Target date is still 09-08 sometime after we return from JetPower Germany.

Thanks for the question. Talk with you soon.

Best regards,
Eric Clapp
Eric - let's go back to this new turbine... will it be as large as the P-180, but how much larger than the current Rhino?

And what will it's price be? Less than the P-180 I hope...

Thanks...

Mr DJ
Old 08-18-2008, 05:46 PM

ORIGINAL: ravill

RAF:

Jet Central USA handles all dealers world wide as well as service and sales for North America.

Hope this helps clarify.

Thanks,
Eric
So the service is done in the United States of America? I'm wondering because I really, REALLY would not like to send an engine internationally for service. Enough engines are "lost" by not sending them internationally.

Raf
why not send them back to the factory all my turbines have been back there with no problems with are uk dealer, i am looking forward to getting my rabbit in three to four weeks time regards jonathan
Old 08-18-2008, 06:00 PM

Mr. D. J.

The LPSS limited edition Rhino is the same case, dimensions etc. as the Rhino. This is a limited edition. All have been sold with the exception of one unit. Price of this turbine is $3,995.00 plus $30.00 shipping to any point in the USA. Lifetime Warranty covers this turbine also.

Cougarman:
Sending your turbine to my office here in Florida for service is routine. Yes, some dealers opt to send direct to our manufacturing facility for repair. No problem at all. My responsibility to Jet Central Micro Turbines as well as all our customers is to insure the best possible service at all times. Additionally, I am the Managing Director of Sales and Service World Wide. All dealer inquiries are routed to me as well as orders. There are but a few exceptions.

I trust this answers the questions presented. We are locking down for Hurrican Fay. While I do not anticipate this to be a major storm, I must plan as if it will be.

Sincerely,
Eric Clapp
Old 08-18-2008, 06:05 PM

Hello Heraldo:

Yes, Jet Central will be attending Jet Power. YOur choice of our jf170 Rhino will be a great match for the Bandit. You will need only the smaller fuel tanks as our Rhino is just 4lbs. Fuel consumption will be an average of 17oz per minute. Comp-ARF Lightnings perform outstanding with the Rhino as well. Being a similar airframe, you will be quite pleased.

Please place your order with me now for delivery at Jet Power. We are rapidly running out of time. Please email me at [email protected]

Best regards,
Eric Clapp
Old 08-18-2008, 06:23 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is a pick of my new LPSS installed in a Skymaster F4. Ran it yesterday. Unbelievable power. The sound is also unbelievable. This thing shreads sound - it's really loud and powerful sounding lol. As soon as I get my 2.4 issue straightened out I will be maidening the F4.

Andy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14467.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	1014341  
Old 08-18-2008, 09:04 PM
My Feedback: (86)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Andy, get your rear end in the air with that new F-4 my friend!!! I am mounting up flights on mine...it has become my favorite...yes, even over the SM 1/6 F-16!!! Got the chute system working and the canopy system just got here last week from D4S. Heading to Canada for a trophy deer hunt all next week so no flying for me...you can catch up!!!

Good luck with the maiden.

Eric, prayers are with you on the storm.

Guys, I have four (4) Rhino's and absolutely NO "quality issues" or repairs at all. Networking with Eric Clapp is the best!!! I buy my turbines through a local dealer...believe in supporting those close to home and in local clubs around me for goods. But Eric is the very best and I assure you that Jet Central is A+++

Rex
Old 08-18-2008, 09:55 PM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Andy, are you running the stock pipe that came with your F-4?
Old 08-18-2008, 11:03 PM
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CRAP!!!!! I just bought my second Rhino only 5 months ago....could have used the extra ponies up here at 5600' .....
Old 08-19-2008, 12:56 AM
My Feedback: (14)

does it have a KERO start system.

I have a new Jetcat 160 SX with the new starting system that is waycool, but it has been back to Jetcat several times for service issues in the last 6 weeks.

What kind of performance will we see at 6000 feet in Denver
Brian
Old 08-19-2008, 07:44 AM
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: thunderbolt-RCU

What kind of performance will we see at 6000 feet in Denver
Brian
the stock Rhino pushes harder thant the SX....u saw it with your own eyes.... This one should only be better.....
Old 08-19-2008, 09:00 AM

Yes, I am using the stock pipe. Seems to work fine. Loud though. Sounds like a wicked vaccum cleaner with a tornado behind it.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:02 AM

No Kero start on it. I believe Eric can give you the power at altitude.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:11 AM

ORIGINAL: rbxbear44

Andy, get your rear end in the air with that new F-4 my friend!!! I am mounting up flights on mine...it has become my favorite...yes, even over the SM 1/6 F-16!!! Got the chute system working and the canopy system just got here last week from D4S. Heading to Canada for a trophy deer hunt all next week so no flying for me...you can catch up!!!

Good luck with the maiden.

Eric, prayers are with you on the storm.

Guys, I have four (4) Rhino's and absolutely NO "quality issues" or repairs at all. Networking with Eric Clapp is the best!!! I buy my turbines through a local dealer...believe in supporting those close to home and in local clubs around me for goods. But Eric is the very best and I assure you that Jet Central is A+++

Rex
Rex you dawg. Trophy deer hunting in Canada! Cool. I've always wanted to go to Canada and do some ice climbing and caving.

The maiden is comming soon. Will have pics and vid of it. Maybe I should set up a video camera in the middle of the runway like that guy in california and show everyone what a Rhino in a SM F4 will do at top speed 1' from the pavement. Nothing like bringing over 10K so close to destruction right? Makes the hair on the back of your neck rise and your butt cheeks cramp. lol.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:23 PM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Andy,
Good Luck on the maiden flight. I should be ready to maiden my F-4 by the end of the month.

Old 08-19-2008, 01:54 PM

Eric

Jetcentral recomends at least 2,5% of oil... it is correct?? can be used 5%? In this case the lbs will go down??

Thanks

Heraldo
Old 08-19-2008, 02:06 PM

Heraldo:

You may use 5% oil however it is just over lubrication. 2.5% works just fine. If you have the need to mix 5% oil for other turbines. . .no problem, just use it.

Regards,
Eric Clapp
Old 08-19-2008, 02:22 PM

Eric

With more oil i will loose power??

Heraldo
Old 08-19-2008, 05:00 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Excellent. Thanks for clearing all those shipping issues up. Just harmless, out in the open questions.

Like most of us, I know that our engines usually have to make return trips to their makers every once and a while. [8D]

That engine sounds like a winner!

Raf
Old 08-19-2008, 09:03 PM
My Feedback: (86)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

David,
How's the build coming along? Sounds like you are close. Get R Dun.

Rex
Old 08-19-2008, 11:09 PM
My Feedback: (29)

[sm=drowning.gif]
Old 08-29-2008, 09:19 AM

here is mine running:

http://www.rcuvideos.com/video/LPSS-Rhino

Old 08-29-2008, 11:35 AM
My Feedback: (6)

I would think that with more oil, you would NOT loose power. The ECU is shooting for a certain max RPM, right? If you have 5% oil vs. 2.5%, the pump will have to pump a bit harder to get to that same max RPM, but it will still get there. So max thrust should be the same, but you will have a bit less flight time as you will use more fuel/oil per second at the same throttle setting.