Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 Just a heads up >

Just a heads up

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Just a heads up

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 10:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Just a heads up

ORIGINAL: rjbob
...as long as you keep pumping out that outstanding jet eye-candy, I hope you stay lonely.
Not lonely, and enjoy the freedom. Two kids (21 & 19) that I'm very proud of, and am still friends with (most of) my ex's.
Why do new girlfriends find that so hard to deal with?

About youtube and music...every new submission gets put out to a consortium of licensers. If a particular "owner/licenser" of the music deems that it infringes, they notify YT and then YT gives you the option of either disabling the entire vid, removing just the sound in the vid, or replacing the soundtrack with something from their approved list of music.

If your video is crappy, the odds of it being deemed a threat and infringing is relatively slim. If you have had a video pulled, you should be proud. It generally means that there was some professional level of production value that threatened the licenser. I could go through a pretty extensive list of vids I've had removed and what songs did them in. Two of the most recent are "CAJets 07" because of Sinatra's "Come Fly With Me", and "Hawgfest" for the opening middle eastern sounding song which was from Chronicles of Narnia. Strange thing is, the Hawgfest movie has come back online, without any interdiction from me. So, I have no idea what's up. Maybe someone in a decision-making capacity enjoyed it...who knows?
One thing I can virtually guarantee you is that it isn't the band that's saying to remove a particular video. These decisions don't get that far down the chain. The actual creators of the music gave up the right to make those kinds of decisions when they signed with the label. I do a lot of graphic work for a label. It's all attorneys 'n such.

So how do you create an effective RC piece without using popular music tracks? Could it be as effective with quality Royalty Free stock music? Would it still be able to be enjoyed by other than RC enthusiasts?
Although my RC jet specific pieces are made for RC jet junkies, I place a lot of focus into creating something that doesn't require an enthusiasm for RC to truly enjoy it. I want your wife and friends to watch it with you!
We shall see. This is a quandry that is becoming more and more difficult to ignore.

And, if your soundtrack doesn't sync with the vid track, your doing something wrong...which most likely is...editing in the Windows environment!
You know what they say..."Once you go Mac, You'll never go back". At least I think that's how the saying goes.

Paul
Old 01-22-2009, 10:21 PM
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lawyers get a bad rap............for a good reason. We have too many of them in this country, especially in Washington. Take a look in any Yellow pages. I bet lawyers probably have the largest section. They stifle innovation, creativity and suck the life blood out of companies. Until we have some real reform in this country, it will just get worse. Unfortunately with all the lawyers in D.C., it probably won't happen. Here's a quote I found from the American Tort Reform Association(http://www.atra.org/) which sums it up.

"Lawsuit abuse continues to have a negative impact on the nation's economy, as well as particular state economies," began ATRF president Tiger Joyce. "Every dollar spent defending against a speculative lawsuit is a dollar that won't be spent on research and development, capital investment, worker training or job creation. Unfortunately for those living in Hellholes jurisdictions during this economic downturn, it can be that much harder to find or keep a job and get critical health care services as employers and doctors are driven away by the threat of costly litigation."

Marty
Old 01-23-2009, 03:52 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: SDCrashmaster

ORIGINAL: ama234

Well,
at least now we might be able to actually hear the ambient sounds of the planes during the videos instead of someones "wanna-be editor" clips.
Someone posts a video clip and states "COOL CRASH VIDEO...CHECK IT OUT! and all you hear is crap grunge or goth music in the background drowning out the rest of the video.

But then again,
I think that the music industry should shove it where the sun dont shine with respect to the R/C videos that people are posting. I mean come on. Like I'm gonna download a video on youtube, cut the crappy sounding audio track from it, and then convert it to an MP3 file so I can enjoy choppy, poorlly edited and lower quality sound on my MP3 player... especially when I can download a CD quality version of it elsewhere online. This is just like the stupid lawyers for Lockheed and the other aerospace companies trying to get royalties. They need to take a long walk on a short pier over shark infested water.

Nothin' but love though.

Les
Jeesh! Tell us how you really feel
Have you ever seen an RC Jet vid with a background soundtrack that you actually enjoyed?
Actually, yes.
There is a video of a guy in the Netherlands (I think thats where hes from) and he has "Danger Zone" from Top Gun playing while he taxies out and is flying his F14. That video really sets the mood but they did a really crappy job editing it and the music jumps back and forth as if they added the entire music track then edited sections of the video and music out. I really like the part where you can see the flames out each nozzle while it's starting.

Les

Old 01-23-2009, 04:09 AM

duplicate post
Old 01-23-2009, 04:10 AM

sheesh, duplicate post 2. thanks microsoft!
Old 01-23-2009, 09:55 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sheesh, duplicate post 2. thanks microsoft!

Come on now, YOU think you're having a bad "windows" day?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91537.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	1117372  
Old 01-23-2009, 10:04 AM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey , that's my office ! I hope I never see the blue screen of death !

Marc
Old 01-23-2009, 10:04 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: SDCrashmaster

Although my RC jet specific pieces are made for RC jet junkies, I place a lot of focus into creating something that doesn't require an enthusiasm for RC to truly enjoy it. I want your wife and friends to watch it with you!

Paul
Mission accomplished I'd say! My wife and daughter both like the 07 Ca Jets movie quite a lot. My wife is in advertising and marketing - commissions and allocates big money on behalf of her peeps for quality work so she knows good work when she sees it. And she would likely stomp all my jets if I wasn't looking and hadn't locked them away for safe keeping. All done out of love, of course. (The stomping on her part, the locking them up on my part). But we can all watch and enjoy for different reasons.

ORIGINAL: 747drvr

Hey , that's my office ! I hope I never see the blue screen of death !

Marc
Nooooooooooo!! I used to at least take some solace with a good old analog standby ADI.. but now even that luxury is at the mercy of the blue screen of death! Save us Superman!!
Old 01-23-2009, 11:36 AM

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

I think they should only pull videos that use Top Gun music
Old 01-23-2009, 01:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a video...and he has "Danger Zone" from Top Gun playing while he taxies out and is flying his F14.
Les
I have to assume that you are not posting this in jest. And I must add that this really scares me.
But more than anything, it lets me know that, when picking background tracks in the future, your opinion should not be taken too seriously.
I mean c'mon.

This is actually the first post in the history of RCU that the mention of "Danger Zone" was not used sarcastically. Which again, REALLY scares me.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:46 PM
My Feedback: (39)

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: dubd

This is another example of why the music industry is failing. They are too prehistoric to realize that the music in these videos can actually help the artist as it provides exposure. Morons.
What they should do is ask you to reload the video with credits for the music. Use it as a free promotional tool. Everybody wins this way.

Paul
Old 01-23-2009, 07:50 PM
My Feedback: (106)

Eddie P-that cockpit photo was a gas man. I needed that one after this week. Ha. Just tp add a point here. Slightly off base of the post.

My Dad was 29 in 1929 and thats all I had to hear about when growing up was the Great Dep. He said there is one good point about being at the bottem of the chain during those times and it's the fact that if you had nothing (dirt poor) before the depression you didn't really know it was going on. Ha. Ha. The only ones that knew about it to a large degree were the ones on Wall Street jumping out of the windows. Ha. All have a good week-end

Hooker53