Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 Good Jet Trainer >

Good Jet Trainer

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Good Jet Trainer

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Jet Trainer

I am far from having enough flight time and experience to fly a jet, but I hope to get their in the next two years or so. Now to give me something to look into and to look forward to, what would be a decent starter jet? I have been looking at the BVM Bobcat and Kingcat, the Skymaster Viperjet, BAE Hawk, and the dragon (?). Are any of these appropriate for a turbine trainer? I now I a way ahead of myself, but I am just curious. Thanks.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Good Jet Trainer

Nothing came up in RCU's "Jet Trainer" search function?

Once every two weeks there's a new thread on the subject.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:48 PM

BVM is recommending the Habu, and then move on to the 5k Electra http://www.bvmjets.com

Kidding aside, the Avaition Design Scorpion is a very nice and easy flying Jet, if your looking for something scale I would go with the Viper but lots of $$$ or go and buy a RTF boomerang

AM

Old 01-16-2010, 06:58 PM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Graupner Harpoon 2
https://shop.graupner.de/webuerp/servlet/AI?ARTN=6267

Building instructions, english, page 53->:
http://www.graupner.de/fileadmin/dow...n2_de_gb_f.pdf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilp_5qxFvQQ

/Bo</p>
Old 01-16-2010, 07:10 PM
My Feedback: (14)

The ones you listed can be perfect for your needs. Hawk is a good one but I recommend it as a second jet. Honestly by the 2 years period you're thinking, there will more new jets you may want to add to this list.

Alex
Old 01-16-2010, 07:34 PM

Thanks, I am kinda leaning towards the BVM Bobcat and the Boomarang Elan for the first. They look pretty beginner freindly.

My ultimate goal is to assemble a partial Canadian fleet. Ideally it will contain a Spitfire, Harvard II, BAE Hawk, and an F-18. Their are more but these are the must haves.

Thanks and any more suggestions are appreciated.

And since I have a two year wait, is their any detailed Info on RC jets? Things like basic set ups, how to manuals, ect. I am already confused and I have yet to scratch the surface lol. More info I can get the better off I am right?
Old 01-16-2010, 08:21 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Sir;

I am also new to jets. Having purchased a used JetCat P60, I am also looking for an entry level jet. Do you believe that the Bob Violet Bobcat is entry level?

Regards

M0F0
Old 01-16-2010, 09:07 PM
My Feedback: (29)

(Bobcat) Yep, and it'll grow with you.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:11 PM

(Shock Jet) lands slow and easy to fly......................
Old 01-16-2010, 10:34 PM

ORIGINAL: F-18

I am far from having enough flight time and experience to fly a jet, but I hope to get their in the next two years or so. Now to give me something to look into and to look forward to, what would be a decent starter jet? I have been looking at the BVM Bobcat and Kingcat, the Skymaster Viperjet, BAE Hawk, and the dragon (?). Are any of these appropriate for a turbine trainer? I now I a way ahead of myself, but I am just curious. Thanks.
Based on what you are saying and if your not ready just yet for jets, although seriously want to gain some "real" jet type flight training prior to making the switch try the KMP PC-21 ARF 1/5 scale, this model offers some of the systems complexites you will find with jets such as retracts and flaps. Powering the model with a performance glow or gas engine will aid greatly your flight training and is likely to be about as close to jet flight envelope and systems as you will get without going to the expense of the kero burners. Once you are comfortable flying this model you will be ready for jets in my opinion.... Iam putting one together with a Moki 2.1 for power which should be fun

http://www.kmp.ca/product_info.php?c...046c152c7a1001

Cheers- Marty
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71435.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	1357686  
Old 01-16-2010, 11:14 PM
My Feedback: (26)

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Good jet trainer? Easy, anything made by Boomerang Jets.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:34 PM

ORIGINAL: JET FX

Based on what you are saying and if your not ready just yet for jets, although seriously want to gain some ''real'' jet type flight training prior to making the switch try the KMP PC-21 ARF 1/5 scale, this model offers some of the systems complexites you will find with jets such as retracts and flaps. Powering the model with a performance glow or gas engine will aid greatly your flight training and is likely to be about as close to jet flight envelope and systems as you will get without going to the expense of the kero burners. Once you are comfortable flying this model you will be ready for jets in my opinion.... Iam putting one together with a Moki 2.1 for power which should be fun

Cheers- Marty
I like that, Would it be a decent third plane? I am currently flying a Hangar-9 Pulse 60, I plan on flying this like mad all spring and summer. Would this be an appropriate plane to go with after the Pulse?
Old 01-17-2010, 12:28 AM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The three jets that i will have ready for this years flying season for getting into the jets are as follows, i have a Habu jet bind and fly, i just bought it today and it did only take about fifteen minutes to assemble, next is the BVM Electra that i purchased two months ago and it is also built and ready to go, and third is a BVM Bandit ARF that should be shipping this week sometime.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:36 AM

ORIGINAL: F-18

ORIGINAL: JET FX

Based on what you are saying and if your not ready just yet for jets, although seriously want to gain some ''real'' jet type flight training prior to making the switch try the KMP PC-21 ARF 1/5 scale, this model offers some of the systems complexites you will find with jets such as retracts and flaps. Powering the model with a performance glow or gas engine will aid greatly your flight training and is likely to be about as close to jet flight envelope and systems as you will get without going to the expense of the kero burners. Once you are comfortable flying this model you will be ready for jets in my opinion.... Iam putting one together with a Moki 2.1 for power which should be fun

Cheers- Marty
I like that, Would it be a decent third plane? I am currently flying a Hangar-9 Pulse 60, I plan on flying this like mad all spring and summer. Would this be an appropriate plane to go with after the Pulse?

Its going to be much less forgiving obviously than the Pulse 60 and the PC-21 will not be flying on the wing so much. There are quite a few You Tube videos of this PC-21 flying study those and I see no reason why you should have any problems transitioning to the PC-21 as your third model. Another good idea is to pick up a quality flight sim that you can use with your multi channel (jet) flight Tx, this way you can become comfortable with all the features, mixes etc of a 9-14 ch computer radio before flying on a more complex model like the PC-21 or your first jet. MRC Reflex offers a really nice R/C flight sim that you can integrate your own R/C transmitter with and even fly a range of (sim) turbine jets on...

http://www.modelrectifier.com/rc-pro...s-features.asp

P.S. Skip the Boomerangs as a first jet if your already flying confidently with a model like the PC-21 and go for somthing like an F-15, F-86, Scorpion, Bobcat or Velox. The Boomers fly well but do little to prepare you for fast jet flight dynamics in my opinion

Cheers- Marty
Old 01-17-2010, 02:46 AM

depends how much runway you have, short take off and landing go with a boomerang longer runway anything above will do
Old 01-17-2010, 04:33 AM

Ok my approach seems to be coming together. Just a quick question, are their any major differences between the Skymaster and X-treme jets? I know they are owned by the same person,but are their any quality or performance differences?
Old 01-17-2010, 08:51 AM
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: ****sheee

Sir;

I am also new to jets. Having purchased a used JetCat P60, I am also looking for an entry level jet. Do you believe that the Bob Violet Bobcat is entry level?

Regards

M0F0
It's a great entry-level jet. My first jet was a BobCat and it still flies today on a P-60. Wouldn't trade it for anything.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:09 PM
Banned

See if you can get a Falcon 120 it is a copy of a bobcat but ounly costs £200.00. In our club there are 4 and they fly very well indeed. I have one with over 70 flights on it with a Wren 54 on the back

Dennis