Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

DHK Maximus Steering Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DHK Maximus Steering Issue

Hello,

I’m very new to the hobby and the steering on my Maximus isn’t working after a minor crash with a rock. It turns when I have the car off of the ground but when it’s sitting on the ground it only turns left and not right. It also makes clicking noises when on the ground if I turn knob to the right. I uploaded a short video on YouTube but it won’t let me post the link as I don’t have 10 posts yet. If anyone can offer any insight on what parts/repairs need to be done I’d greatly appreciate it. The video can be found by searching for DHK Maximus Steering Issue.

Thank You
Old 01-21-2018, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by scnick82
Hello,

I’m very new to the hobby and the steering on my Maximus isn’t working after a minor crash with a rock. It turns when I have the car off of the ground but when it’s sitting on the ground it only turns left and not right. It also makes clicking noises when on the ground if I turn knob to the right. I uploaded a short video on YouTube but it won’t let me post the link as I don’t have 10 posts yet. If anyone can offer any insight on what parts/repairs need to be done I’d greatly appreciate it. The video can be found by searching for DHK Maximus Steering Issue.

Thank You
It sounds like you stripped a gear in the servo ,your best bet ,is to replace the servo to a stronger metal geared one!
Old 01-21-2018, 07:31 PM

Thank you for your help cbaker65!
Old 01-22-2018, 03:30 AM

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

RTR servos are typically one of the first things "to go" on a RC. The 9kg stock servo is a little weak in my book. I would recommend a digital, minimum of 200 oz-in (14.5 kg-cm), metal geared servo as a replacement.

Something like these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JX-Servo-PD...wAAOSw~0paSr4l

https://www.ebay.com/itm/POWER-HD-WP...AAAOSw9V1aU9TR

You can certainly go to both extremes when picking out a servo. Go cheap, and it'll be a crap shoot. Spend $$$ for overkill servos never hurts.

Last edited by RustyUs; 01-22-2018 at 04:13 AM.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:35 AM

Thanks for the reply and links RustyUS. Amazon has some 20kg metal waterproof servos so I might try one of those since I can get them quick.