Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Sailboats
 Any CR 914 Racers? >

Any CR 914 Racers?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Sailboats For all your r/c sailing needs, post here.

Any CR 914 Racers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 12:41 PM
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any CR 914 Racers?

Are there any CR 914 racers in or around the Columbus, GA area?
Old 05-31-2007, 11:37 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Any CR 914 Racers?

When I went to Florida to visit my parents a couple weeks ago I bought a used one like new in a Melbourne hobby shop, ready to go with the Hitech radio, rechargables, magnetic switch, really nicely set up... paid $100 but I left it at my parents for now, they have a few lakes and the Banana and Indian rivers... If there are others up here I can bring it up or get another....
Old 07-06-2007, 09:31 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Chattanooga has or had a group of 914's, at a full scale yatch club.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:45 PM

I'm not sure if you are still in Charlotte or not but I'm not far (Hunterville) and just ordered a CR-914 so I'm looking for someone locally to sail with. Anyone in the area with RC sail boat shoot me an email at [email protected]. Iwill unlikely keep up with this forum. Too many to keep up with .
Old 12-31-2009, 07:54 AM

ORIGINAL: evan-RCU

When I went to Florida to visit my parents a couple weeks ago I bought a used one like new in a Melbourne hobby shop, ready to go with the Hitech radio, rechargables, magnetic switch, really nicely set up... paid $100 but I left it at my parents for now, they have a few lakes and the Banana and Indian rivers... If there are others up here I can bring it up or get another....
Dude! If you were able to find a used CR914 with radio for $100, you got the deal of the century (you may already know that!). I've been looking for 3 months for a used CR914- they rarely pop up for sale, and when they do, they go quickly, usually for around $450-$600. I've seen prices for used, fully built CR914's anywhere from $350-$700, depending on theradio. I have been amazed at how these things hold resale value, when you consider what it is- a model boat. A hundred bucks was a steal- good on ya! If only I could find such a hobby shop...