Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tank control issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2023, 03:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tank control issues

I have a henglong m1a1 tank and i had a bad left gearbox got a new left gearbox switched them out but now on the controls they rotated counter clockwise left is forward down is lrft right is reverse and up is right how do i fix this im lost i made sure all the connections on the control box look right nothing is loose
Old 05-04-2023, 07:05 PM

Received 225 Likes on 181 Posts

Your issue is very common. The problem is the replacement gearbox you received has the motor wired in reverse polarity from the original motor that came installed in your tank. In order to get it work they way it did, you need to reverse the polarity of the new motor (IE: swap the red and the black wire to a different position).

There are two ways to accomplish this. #2 is usually easier.

1. If you know how to solder you can desolder the motor connections, reverse them, and resolder the wires.

2. The other option is to use a pointy object, press down on the pin retaining hitch on the JST connector, remove the pin/wire from the white JST connector, and then switch it to the other side of the connector (IE: change the polarity).

I should do a video on this as so many people ask about it and the vids I just found all show the micro connectors that have the white release latch.
Old 05-04-2023, 07:10 PM

Received 225 Likes on 181 Posts

Here is a thread with pictures I took of the process: Help please forward and reverse is backwards
Old 05-05-2023, 07:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wanted to say thanks that was the issue i resoldered the wires this morning i actually had gottwn a soldering iron just so i could do these fixes last week
The following users liked this post:
tankme (05-05-2023)