Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
what's a good 3D printer these days? >

what's a good 3D printer these days?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

what's a good 3D printer these days?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2024, 07:50 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default what's a good 3D printer these days?

I'd like to print stuff for my tanks. I've got a 3D printer but it makes "layers". What are good options these days?
Old 03-08-2024, 11:25 PM

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

So you want a resin printer? Anycubic and Elegoo are good brands. I have the wanhao D8 and it's great, but a bit pricey at about a thousand dollars.
The following users liked this post:
maillemaker (03-09-2024)
Old 03-09-2024, 03:06 AM

Received 225 Likes on 181 Posts

Any FDM printer will leave layer lines. If you want better detail, I agree with Gary that you need a resin printer. I picked up an Anycubic Photon M3 a few years back and I've had really good luck with it. I think the standard M3 is discontinued now. It really depends on how much you want to spend and what build size you want. They are changing so fast that you really need to do some research before buying.

This site has some good up to date recommendations: https://all3dp.com/1/best-resin-dlp-...eolithography/
The following users liked this post:
maillemaker (03-09-2024)
Old 03-09-2024, 07:16 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

LOL I've just discovered that there is a "fine" option in my slicer. This results in noticeably better detail!

Just printed up some tow U brackets for my Jagdpanther. The Heng Long ones don't have through pins and so pop off and get lost. I printed some with actual clevis pins.
Old 03-09-2024, 07:45 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Resin printers are better for detailed parts but you can get some amazing results with a FDM printer once you have it dialed in.