Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
 are these blades any good for cp pro? >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick,

I was just observing it more closely, and the slop only happens when the one way bearing has no load on it...when it's freewheeling. Once you apply a load like the motor would, the one way tightens up and the play goes away...normal?

Heli,

Bummer! Don't crash too much more, I wanna see you put the DX6i to good use....by flying a B400 with it!! LOL

Sorry to hear about the crash....

Glenn
Old 11-10-2008, 09:47 PM

Glenn,

I am having a hard time understanding what you are talking about. Pics?

I got to fly a T-Rex 250!!! JK just on G4. LOL

Nick
Old 11-10-2008, 10:11 PM

Nick,

I don't think a pic would help...a video would....if nothing else, I'll get the flip cam out, and video it and post it on YouTube.

But, let's try this first....hold that big monster in your lap...so you are looking at the left side...on it's side. (this might not work, because yours will have blades and a motor on it)

Then, take your right thumb, and put it on the main gear, to check for up and down slop in the main gear.

Now, take your left thumb, and rotate the tail drive gear slowly clockwise, to unload the one way bearing, and see if you can move the main gear up and down (quite a bit, actually) while there is no load on it.

Then, if you go counter clockwise with the tail drive gear, everything will lock up (the one way locks)...and the main gear is then rigidly in place, no slop...

If you can't get it to happen, maybe I'll video it, and post it later on...

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it's all good, just seems very weird to me....as the B400 is nothing like that...

Glenn
Old 11-10-2008, 10:14 PM

Nick,

In other words, to summarize it....the main gear has a lot of slop when the one way bearing is free wheeling, like in an auto rotation....maybe that will help you understand some more...

Glenn
Old 11-10-2008, 10:27 PM

Glenn,

Did you push up on the main gear with your thumb and push down on the collar and tighten that down? Maybe that isn't the same thing you are talking about, but I don't have any up and down movement of the gears. I don't know if this will work without the motor installed, but if you rotate the main gear clockwise it should start spinning the grips and tail shaft and when you rotate it CCW it shouldn't spin anything other than the gears. From my interpretation it almosts sounds like the one way bearing is upside down. But since I don't have the 500 in front of me I don't know what that system looks and feels like.

Nick
Old 11-10-2008, 10:46 PM

Glenn,

You shouldn't have any slop in there. As Nick mentioned, it may be that the retaining collar is not positioned properley.
Don't proceed, until you figure it out and take the extra time to do that. It's criitcal.

When first spooling up after your build, don't put any blades on the heli. Mains or tail rotor. Reason here, we are looking for any vibrations from the head or flybar.. Usually, the flybar is off a tad... I'm an extreme nut case on balance.

You should have NO vibrations at full throttle. One twist on a flybar paddle can make a difference. If you do, find where it's at. Makes for a great flying bird.

Dave
Old 11-10-2008, 10:55 PM

Glenn,

After you talking about the main gear/one way bearing I wanted to check mine out more since it never seemed right. So I am trying to get the main gear out, but it seems the main shaft is stuck to the gear. I took both bolts out and it is still stuck. And the top gear and the one right below that always move together in both directions which my 450 doesn't. So I have my work ahead of me too trying to get this stupid main shaft out.

Nick
Old 11-10-2008, 11:10 PM

I decided to replace a few of the stock black fasteners for the 500 with some stainless steel ones in a few critical areas so far at least... Those stock ones just seem kind of cheap. So far, for the ones for the spindle (3 by 10 mm), and also the ones for the motor mount (3 by 6 mm)... I'll feel better in doing so. LOL...

Glenn ~

I agree with Dave, but also when your with your main blades off don't go to full throttle or near that, as you can over-power/over-rev your motor as there is no load to it with the blades off and you can cause some damage to the can...FYI...

Nick ~

I'am surprised Dave hasn't told ya about his tip on polishing the shafts with a drill.... I just got done doing the 500's, and that puppy slips right in those bearing blocks like butter ! It sure helps to say the least... I do this to all my heli's now, and even the MCX... Less friction...

Later gents, off to another Finless video.... Swashplate assembly.... YIKES !

~ Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45382.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	1069857   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82445.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	1069858  
Old 11-10-2008, 11:13 PM

Hey Dave, Nick,

Thanks....I think I should take it back apart and see what I have when I have the main gear in my hand...

I'll post back in a few...

Wondering if I can talk Jeff into opening his main gear bag?

Glenn
Old 11-10-2008, 11:16 PM

Jeff,

The mainshaft easily goes into the bearing blocks. It is where the mainshaft goes into the one bearing sleeve. I could rotate the main rotors with the bolt out of the bottom of the main gear. And the gear would turn with the rotors.

Nick
Old 11-10-2008, 11:20 PM

OK guys,

I have my main/tail gear in my hand...and if I freewheel the one way bearing, as it would be in an auto....the main gear has a bunch of slop...

It wasn't the collar, or anything like that...this slop is in between the tail and main gears, but ONLY when the one way is freewheeling.

If I hold the tail drive gear, and turn the main gearcounterclockwise from the front of it, it has tons of slop up and down....

See if you guys can test yours for me?

Thanks!

Glenn

Old 11-10-2008, 11:20 PM

Now I popped the sleeve out and the put the mainshaft in the sleeve and it goes in like butter and the one way bearing is working. Weird I will have to see if it still works when I put it back together.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:27 PM

Now I know why it is so hard to get the bolt through. The holes of the sleeve and the mainshaft aren't the same height. I am going to try and file some of the top part of the sleeve to get the holes aligned.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:32 PM

Glenn ~

I'am not sure if a picture will help, but I took one with the flash, and without the flash.... There is absolutely no play between the two gears, as I try to pry at them a bit... It spins very freely, but no play... If that helps ?

Old 11-10-2008, 11:35 PM

Jeff,

Do you by chance have your main gear bag open on the 500 yet?

If so, could you check the gear and see if it's like mine is?

I am thinking though, that it might be different, because of the belt drive vs.....OH WAIT...you have a TT kit, right? Does it use a different main/tail drive gear?

I'm pretty sure this is OK, and I'm just being paranoid, but it just doesn't SEEM right...

Thanks,

Glenn
Old 11-10-2008, 11:39 PM

Jeff,

Excellent pics...thanks...

Now, if you hold the main gear, and spin the tail drive gear using the hub where the bolt goes though, can you make the tail gear wobble WHILE you are spinning it freewheeling?

I'm gonna make a video and put it on You Tube for you guys...just so we can see...

Glenn
Old 11-10-2008, 11:57 PM

Does it use a different main/tail drive gear?
The main gears stay the same, but the whole tail assembly/tail drive gear is different.....

Now, if you hold the main gear, and spin the tail drive gear using the hub where the bolt goes though, can you make the tail gear wobble WHILE you are spinning it freewheeling?
I did exactly as you ask, and no....Everything is very tight with no wobble, but spins very freely... I can't get the tail gear to wobble if I even tried by holding the main gear and spinning the tail drive gear by the hub where the bolt goes through... I'am surprised also that these gears are not out-of-round also ! Usually I will see that a bit with the other heli's like the CPP's and sometimes even the Trex 450...

Something may not sound right Glenn... Weird... I'll watch for your video though.. Eating Top-Ramen right now...LMAO... And then I'll be watching Finless videos on the swashplate assembly, and installing that to the head, which then completes the head-assembly... The Frame assembly is all done, except the skids.. & then that will be good for tonights accomplishment for it... I'am beat...!...LOL...

~ Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47217.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	1069905  
Old 11-11-2008, 12:02 AM

Jeff,

I don't know when the video will post, but you have my YouTube name, right? It might take a while, and I gotta get some sleep....

But, I think I found my answer...

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread....t=bearing+play

So, if you guys get a chance, check out the vid...but it seems as though this is a normal thing.

When the one-way is locked, it's as tight as it can be....it only wobbles when it's free wheeling.....well...you'll see....

THANKS!!

Glenn
Old 11-11-2008, 12:05 AM

Nick,

Sorry if I made you take yours apart and get involved in something bad!!!

Hope you can get it straightened out...just send me a bill....LOL!!

I think I figured it out, but check the video out anyways, it's pretty crazy!

See the link I posted to Jeff, apparently, it's a common thing.

THANKS!

Glenn
Old 11-11-2008, 12:07 AM

Glenn ~

I just watched it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24XPOsKYzRM And mine does not do that at all ! WEIRD.....
Old 11-11-2008, 12:09 AM

But if others are flying there's like that, then maybe it will be fine ? Its just that mine is TIGHT when I do what you do.... Something still doesn't seem right.....
Old 11-11-2008, 12:09 AM

Jeff, Nick,

I think the video is up....check it out when you all have time!

I gotta get some sleep. I'll sleep better now, I'm pretty sure, even as ugly as it looks, it's fine....seems I'm not the only one...

Have a nice evening...what's left of it...LOL!

Glenn
Old 11-11-2008, 12:14 AM

Jeff....

LOL..maybe there's something wrong with YOURS!! LMAO!! Who knows??? I sure would like to have one with less slop than mine has, though...

Seriously, yours is probably GOOD, and I got a well broken in one!!

It's going together like that!!

Thanks again guys...but at least you can see now why I was concerned!!!

Talk to you guys tomorrow!!

Glenn
Old 11-11-2008, 12:16 AM

Glenn,

I am glad I took the main gear assembly apart because the sleeve hole and the mainshaft hole aren't aligned. And I would think that would cause a fatique failure or something on the bolt which I don't want. I am getting closer to have the holes align now, but it is taking a long time. It must be very strong steel.

Did you do what you did in the video once it is installed in the heli? I think once you tighten down the collar while pressing up on the main gear you won't see the slop after that just when it is out of the heli. You can try it tomorrow if you want.

I am going to stay up and try and get these holes to align.

Nick
Old 11-11-2008, 12:23 AM

Nick,

Good, I don't feel so bad now...maybe it was good that you took it apart after all...

It wobbled in the heli, with zero slop in the mainshaft, had the collar nice and snug. But then the tail drive gear was being held, and I could move the main gear like you saw in the video, with everything together...that is why I was so concerned at first.

It still doesn't seem right to me....but apparently, those guys haven't had any long term affects from theirs being loose...

I dunno, but I'm going to let it fly like that...literallly....LOL!!

Night guys!

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.