Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
 are these blades any good for cp pro? >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick,

All this talk about transistors reminds me of a really good book I read a while back...called "Crystal Fire"...

Have you ever heard of William Shockely, Walter Brattain, and John Bardeen?

Just wondering, I found the book fascinating...

Glenn
Old 11-15-2008, 10:34 PM

Glenn,

Yeah this is the type of electronics I like working with the most.

Yep the NPN transistors are the ones I need. Yeah the ones I have are a little over kill, but I didn't calculate the specs of the circuit before I got to RadioShack so I just winged it. Yeah I like seeing how electronics look in everything. I opened up one of my FP balancers and that was pretty cool. They put a black coating over a couple of chips, so no one could reverse engineer it. So that ruined the fun and I didn't know how to get the circuit board out to check the other side. I am really tempted to open up my Accucycle charger and my new 13.8V 20A power supply.

Nick
Old 11-15-2008, 10:40 PM

I have also heard of securing the tail boom into the tailboom mount, for similar reasons...a guy on HF told me about it...not a bad little insurance policy!

Glenn ~

I would think the tailboom going into the tail boom case should be good, as even Finless stated (I should be a Finless rep...LMAO) that the tail boom mount is that of a new design and better than the first for the TT's... Plus there is about 10 screws fastening it in place, and among some of those I also included some Stainless Steel ones, and really torqued them down good. Its actually the rear tail case on the very back of the boom, where he stated he saw flight failures from the whole case assembly coming off, and then describing the mod of the screw through the case and into the boom, as stock there is only 2 small screws holding it in place on the boom... Not to good in my mind... And also I would think vibrations would be way more intense the farther back ya go on the heli, which would be on the casing unit on the ***** of the bird. Combine that with aluminum to aluminum meshing of the two parts, and it kinda makes me a little nervous...LMAO...Huh..?!...
I got two better quality screws for back there to hold it on, but still..... Kinda a YIKES there I think... We'll see... We'll both have to monitor that area a bit. I would say to check that area for sure on the pre-flight of our 500's...

Carl ~

Are ya getting anxious ? I have seen carrying cases for the 500 before... I can't remember where, so ya might have to google it for the website... I thought it was like Readyheli, RC-Expert, or RC-hover... Can't recall... I thought also Lightining Power (spelled wrong) made a case also...Google it... But I could hug ya, because as I looked quickly for that case for ya, I found the canopy I want for the 500 ! Sweeeeeeet....! I'am ordering it tomorrow....

Evan ~

Hello.....? Are you there...? Hey..... No hovering in the house !!!! That belongs outside... No you can't turn the porchlight on and fly it.... Ya gotta wait til morning... No sleeping with it either by your pillow....

Nick ~

That's cool on your skills with stuff I normally blow-up in trying.....LMAO... Pretty neat... You always amaze me with your talents for sure. I know one thing, if you weren't here for us all with your knowledge, we'd all be here picking our noses......

JPEE ~

Hopefully your not getting smoked out from them fires ! Are you taking another nap again ?

FINALLY....! My canopy....! I can't wait to kick the stock one aside ! So butt ugly...! LMAO.... Only $36.00 also from Heli-Proz... My first order with them... This canopy will be coming home to daddy very soon. I may overnight it....

Take care guys, I'am off to go play with the heli's... Sure glad it's not the bars eh?!...

Old 11-15-2008, 10:57 PM

Jeff,

Oh, OK, you are talking about the entire tail case falling off in flight?? LOL....now that would suck!! Yeah, better keep a close eye on that one!!

Just a note...another guy on HF just started his 500 ESP build, and all 3 of his servos do "the dance" that mine was doing....hmmmm...and still no response from Align, BTW.

I just installed the main blades on the 500....the heli takes up the entire work table!! LOL (" but it didn't look THAT big in the store...") LMAO!!

NO WAY am I going to use my B400 method of holding the heli down with one hand while spooling it up to check blade tracking on this baby!! LOL!

Glad you found your "baby" canopy....LOL!! I still don't have an issue with the stock 500 canopy...I kinda like the windsheild on it better!

You will be very pleased with Heliproz...they are hard core heli peeps....first class operation!

Glenn
Old 11-15-2008, 10:58 PM

Hey guys,

She's almost ready...

Glenn
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm34785.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1072941   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24307.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	1072942  
Old 11-15-2008, 11:03 PM

Jeff,

Gotta go grocery shopping....my usual Saturday night-at-midnight shopping, best time to go...

I ALMOST made it through the weekend without buying any gadgets....but at least this one was cheap...LMAO...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218006405801

See ya guys in a bit...

Glenn
Old 11-15-2008, 11:03 PM

Glenn ~

Oh come on now....! Your shorting us.... We need the canopy on for the "Full effect".... I hear ya also on the tracking, as I would do the same, or hold it in my hand looking at it eye level wearing my face shield...LOL... Its gonna be interesting for sure with the 500... With my dads 600, he would spool it up on the ground just right before it would get light on the skids, and I would be standing back and "eyeing" it to check the tracking for him, while he's at the sticks crappin' his drawers....LOL...!

Old 11-15-2008, 11:05 PM

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Jeff,

Gotta go grocery shopping....my usual Saturday night-at-midnight shopping, best time to go...

I ALMOST made it through the weekend without buying any gadgets....but at least this one was cheap...LMAO...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218006405801

See ya guys in a bit...

Glenn

That's cool Glenn ! Perfect for flying on G4 with the lights in the room turned down and the keyboard lighting up...! You crack me up.... Mr. Gadget..... Speaking of G4.... We all need to get back in routine on some online flying again... I don't even know if I remember how to fly a heli its been so long !
Old 11-15-2008, 11:06 PM

ORIGINAL: rotarydoc

Nick,

All this talk about transistors reminds me of a really good book I read a while back...called "Crystal Fire"...

Have you ever heard of William Shockely, Walter Brattain, and John Bardeen?

Just wondering, I found the book fascinating...

Glenn
Glenn,

Nope I haven't heard of those people. I do all my research and reading about electronics on the internet.

Yeah I can't put my 600 on my work bench either. It has to sit on the floor all by its self.

Can't you just set your pitch to a flat line 50% pitch curve. That way it won't take off and you can be at a safe distance and check the tracking. I usually just lay on the ground a good distance away and go up to half throttle and check the tracking that way or by looking at the blades in flight.

Jeff,

Good to hear you found the canopy you wanted. Are you feeling any better?

Nick
Old 11-15-2008, 11:14 PM

Jeff,

I have been thinking about the same thing with G4 for awhile. I can't remember the last time all of us were on.

I am counting down the hours until I can go to the indoor fun fly tomorrow. It will be interesting to see all the micro airplanes and helis fly. And I haven't flown the Gaui in a couple of days because I was afraid of crashing before the fun fly.

Nick
Old 11-16-2008, 12:09 AM

Jeff,

Good to hear you found the canopy you wanted. Are you feeling any better?
Yeah the canopy is sweet... I just wish the splash of color wasn't orange but yellow... But that's fine... Yeah I'am feeling better... Not all the energy is back, but I'am about at 80% there... Have fun at the fun-fly tomorrow...

~ Jeff
Old 11-16-2008, 12:18 AM

Jeff,

LOL, I'll have to take a pic with the canopy on...I had to take the battery out of the camera earlier and charge it, 'cause I've been taking so many pics lately!!

Yeah, that was my plan, to kinda lay on the ground and check it about half stick...or watch it in flight...I'm sure I'll figure it out..

Nick, that book I told you about was about the invention of the transistor...those guys invented the first working junction transistor at Bell Laboratories in New Jersey in 1947....they won a Nobel prize for their hard work, and changed the word forever with the invention of the transistor...the story is fascinating reading.

Yeah, I could use a little brushing up on G4 myself...let me know when you guys want to try to hook up again...

And I just may get some G4 in tomorrow, if the wind doesn't let up....it's 24 MPH with 32 MPH gusts right now...and howling like a beast outside....

Nick, that fun fly should be alot of fun...LOL

Hope you enjoy it.

Glad you are feeling better, Jeff.

Glenn
Old 11-16-2008, 12:27 AM

Hey guys,

Now she's ready to go...canopy and all!

Glenn

Name:	Zx71521.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	1072991   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ok29081.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	1072992   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns44179.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1072993  
Old 11-16-2008, 12:29 AM

Glenn ~

Showoff...........LMAO.... [8D] Looks SO GOOD... Much better photos... I saved all three to my collection.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:40 AM

Jeff,

LOL, yeah, you'd better save them to the collection....might be the last time you see it intact like that....LMAO!!

Thanks for the compliments!

Glenn
Old 11-16-2008, 12:49 AM

Glenn,

Your 500 is looking great. It will all be worth it during the maiden and you will enjoy how a big Align heli flies like.

Nick
Old 11-16-2008, 12:52 AM

Glenn,

Don't even talk that way, think positively.

Jpee
Old 11-16-2008, 01:08 AM

Nick,

Thanks... I am sure it will all be worth it once I finally get a chance to fly it...of course I'll be nervous, but I'm sure I'll settle down pretty quickly with it.

JPEE,

Yes, the power of positive thinking..LOL!

Well, it really is ready now...did the blade pitch, only needed one turn on one link....installed the cool little head stopper thingie on top (intentionally saved that for the very last)...and punched out the blade holder pieces and folded the blades back...

Rechecked the CG, and it's still good, and the gyro initializes every time now, and the servo has not acted up once....all systems GO!! LOL!!

Tomorrow, I'll charge the packs, apply velcro to the new Eflite 2100 pack, re-number the packs, and I should be ready to give 'er a whirl!

Glenn
Old 11-16-2008, 01:12 AM

Glenn ~

LOL... Yeah but you'll be fine... Your gonna be surprised how well the Align heli's hold up during a crash generally... My 450 also has the fiberglass canopy, and is a little over a year old with 3 HARD crashes on her, and the only thing wrong with it is one little scuff on the front nose which I love cause it gives it character... It got that from Idle up 2 and hitting the outside garage wall as you remember... That canopy is a good protector... You shouldn't really have to worry about your batts to much like you thought before... These canopies are just a tad tougher than the 400's plastic jobbers.... You'll see... If you are worried about your batts being to close however to the canopy nose, Microheli does sell a CNC bottom frame that will push the canopy ahead by 20mm and its only about $36.00 bucks... It also only weighs a few grams more, than the stock jobbers as we have for our plates on the bottom and resting between the frames... The only thing i didn't like about it, is ya got to drill 2 new holes for the canopy mounts... That didn't go to well for me... But I did order the other Microheli CNC bottom bracket, it doesn't have the extension, but will offer a lower CG for better stability a little, and help from keeping the landing gear tabs from snapping, and also providing the 2 CF frames a lot more strength... It also was only $36.00... Oh... Plus it was purty....LMAO... But yeah the other one with the extensions, is always sold out on HeliDirect usually but has been in stock the last few days I noticed...

I'll have to order the white CF paddles for the flybar as there out of the black...DANG...! But oh well... It beats those big huge monster fatties that come with the 500 CF kit...LOL...!

Our 500's should be very stable Glenn.. Remember on G4 how stable it was compared to all the other various heli's ? And I trust G4's accuracy for the models that the give the characteristics to, as even my Typhoon 2 3-D plane flies exactly on G-4 as it does in real life for me...

You'll have no worries... Maybe a few set-up tweaks on the first couple of spool-ups, but after that you may never look back to anything smaller... Hek... I got 2 flybar rods at the LHS today, and for 2 it only costed $6.99.... Not bad huh ?

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Name:	Hf99108.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	1073000  
Old 11-16-2008, 01:18 AM

Well, it really is ready now...did the blade pitch, only needed one turn on one link....installed the cool little head stopper thingie on top (intentionally saved that for the very last)...and punched out the blade holder pieces and folded the blades back...
Clint who flies 3-D with his 500 who works at my LHS said that the stopper at the top may pose a problem depending on what your settings are... He said if you don't fly hard 3-D you shouldn't have a prob, but he took his off because his blade grips were hitting the stopper on full positive pitch... Just check to make sure your grips won't hit the bottom of that stopper... But I really doubt it, as I'am sure you don't have that much pitch at full stick in your settings and curves for learning and such... But just make sure... To me personally, I would think a feller would have to have quite a bit to bottom out, but I haven't got that far to compare yet...

~ Jeff
Old 11-16-2008, 01:19 AM

Hey Guys I think Carl asked about this?

FROM HELIHOBBY DOWN HERE BY ME

Aluminum Case for TREX 500
Trex 500 case

Heavy duty wheeled aluminum case designed to fit all your RC equipment. FEATURES: Large capacity protects your heli, blades, transmitters, etc. for storage and transport. Inner foam padding protects your equipment from scratching or damaging each other. Designed to fit all systems. Chrome metal handle with leather insert for durability and great look. Chrome metal corners and riveted construction for durability. Scratch resistant finish. Great for Trex 500 and other helicopters the same size of the T-Rex 500. Aluminum Case for TREX 500

PART#HH6328

- Wheels allow for easy transport and setup
- Hard shell aluminum case
- Comes with custom insert
- All Trex 500 cases are shipped via UPS Ground in the US

Name:	Wt59141.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	1073002  
Old 11-16-2008, 01:25 AM

Jeff,

Thanks for all the encouragement...I'm sure I'm going to love it, I'm just thinking it's going to be a bit intimidating at first, with the size and headspeed....but I think I'm pretty well prepared.

One of the things that did influence me quite a bit was the Phoenix sim...since it has both the B400 and the T-Rex 500 models....and to fly them both back to back, there is almost no comparison....as I have read several places on HF about guys that have made the same step up...

Thanks for the CNC frame mods too...I"ll keep them in mind as well.

Yeah, the batteries hanging out of the front bother me some....but then again, I never had a nose in crash with the B400 anyways...in fact, the only "real" crash I've ever had with it, you guys have seen, on my inverted attempts...

So, I feel pretty confident going into it. But, I do believe that I am going to have to find a bigger place to fly it though...

Glenn
Old 11-16-2008, 01:29 AM

JPEE ~

That was one of the ones I've seen before... At least now I know how to spell "Lightning"...LOL... Oh.... Is it fireproof...?!...LMAO....
Old 11-16-2008, 01:32 AM

HERE IS THE CASE LOADED FROM HELI HOBBY

Name:	Sq48028.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	1073003  
Old 11-16-2008, 01:33 AM

Jeff,

That never crossed my mind...but as you stated, I probaby won't be running nearly the pitch extremes he is for 3D flight...especially at first, that is for sure!

JPEE,

That case is very cool....wouldn't mind throwing that in the back of the Forester and go flying!

Glenn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.