Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
 are these blades any good for cp pro? >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 12:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick,

Sounds cool on the new servos for sure.

Yeah, I also read that Align is fixing the tail issue on the 250, Bert Kammerer has a sticky about it on HF. There is a link to contact Align USA on there, so I sent an email to them about my servo. I don't know if that link is only for the 250 tail issue, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

I have had no response from Align's email address in Taiwan, and Horizon said they couldn't help me on the servo, only the helicopter itself. So, I'll see what happens.

Even though the servo seems to work fine in flight, I still just don't buy it that it is a normal condition, considering that it's the only one of the three that does that. I'd just feel better if I got one that didn't do that.

Yeah, Rob said it broke the frames, the tuned exhaust, the crankcase, and several servos. He said the rotor head was intact, but needed a few bearings. Nasty crash, for sure. Yeah, you DON'T want to find out the hard way on your 600. [X(]

I just get the feeling by handling and feeling my 500 in my hands that it's bound to sustain some pretty major damage in a crash....and I am certain a 600 would be worse.

That is cool that your club's heli pilots are looking forward to you joining.

Hope you can get some flying in soon. I still want to test fly my B400 since I changed the ESC. It's supposed to be in the upper 50's on Wednesday, but with rain. I hope to get some flying in this weekend.

The weatherman says that winter conditions have arrived here much earlier than usual....figures!! LOL[>:]

Glenn
Old 12-09-2008, 12:16 AM

Nick,

This looks promising...

Mid December...

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLH1320

Glenn
Old 12-09-2008, 12:29 AM

Glenn,

Hope you get a response from AlignUSA.

It was close to 50 degrees here today and with no wind. It was perfect for flying and I got 3 flights in today. I am supposed to get 1 inch of snow tomorrow morning, so I will have to wait and see what the flying conditions are like. Hope you can fly tomorrow or at least get the Coaxials out.

Are you still planning on testing the E-Flite DD tail motor?

Nick
Old 12-09-2008, 12:55 AM

I just got timed out PISS!!! It makes me so mad because I can't do anything about it on my itouch I can't copy and paste or anything oh well I was talking about how I crashed the cx2 in the wind and it's gonna cost me $40 worth of parts to fix it and how I want that new blade 400 motor to come soon because I'm gonna forget how to plug in the battery if it doesn't
Old 12-09-2008, 01:03 AM

Hey guys I just got a tracking email that it got to champaign and was delivered i guess to horizon like just now or maybe they sent it out to me just now idk
Old 12-09-2008, 01:28 AM

Evan,

Sorry to hear about your CX2.

Nick
Old 12-09-2008, 10:52 AM

Glenn
I have hod that tail assy ordered since June for my CPP. I also got the new tail shaft the one
they call speed up with the metal pully for the B400 havent instaled it yet,waiting
till I have to. that is a bugger to replace.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:31 PM

HI Carl,

I just put the metal tail box gear in my 400#2 . Then one night Glenn and I were walking in our web cams and I showed him the metal gear. We then took a tooth TOOTH COUNT and they are the same, metal to plactic! So I don't see how your gonna get more trail rotor speed? Am I missing something?

JPee
10:29 am.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:20 PM

ORIGINAL: JPEE

HI Carl,

I just put the metal tail box gear in my 400#2 . Then one night Glenn and I were walking in our web cams and I showed him the metal gear. We then took a tooth TOOTH COUNT and they are the same, metal to plactic! So I don't see how your gonna get more trail rotor speed? Am I missing something?

JPee
Jpee
I thought it had more teeth or less. I dont know why they call it a speed up tail shaft.
Did you start the build yet on the T500.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Carljw

HI Carl,

JPee
Jpee
I thought it had more teeth or less. I dont know why they call it a speed up tail shaft.
Did you start the build yet on the T500.

I just had the two together and the new one has a bigger belt pulley the old one was
6.90 and the new metal one was 7.60
Old 12-09-2008, 05:13 PM

HUMMMMMMMMMM. The next time I open the tail box on the 400 I'll count the teeth and measure the diameter the pully. Carl this is this part come on an Eflite like card rather than a plastic bag? And was the belt pully aluminum?

JPEE
2:13 pm.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:35 PM

Guys y'all are talking about different parts jpee is talking about the one in the tail box on the boom and carl is talking about the one inside the main frame by the main gear and tail drive gear hope this clears it up for y'all lol give those old brains a rest lol I'm just kidding
Old 12-09-2008, 05:42 PM

The part on the tail boom isn't the speed up it's just aluminum and doesn't wear out for a long time and the upgrade for the one inside the main frame that carl is talking about does speed up the tail rotor speed and offers less wear okay now you know lol
Old 12-09-2008, 06:14 PM

Evan,

Great call!

JPEE, this is the part Carl is referring to...

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...odID=EFLH1455A

We were measuring the tail shaft, in the tail box, as Evan pointed out, which are the same number of gears...

Have to chalk one up to the youngin'...LMAO!!! [sm=omg_smile.gif]

I'll have to admit, I wasn't sure myself...so had to do some research! [X(]

Nice work, Evan...

Glenn
Old 12-09-2008, 06:22 PM

Evan,

Sorry to hear about your (major?) crash with the CX2 in the wind...man, $40 is alot of damage to a CX2! Hope it's not as bad as it sounds. []

Good to hear that you got some tracking info on the motor, hopefully, it's on it's way now...

Nick,

I need some of that good weather over here, but I want it on the weekend...LOL!

It's supposed to be 60 degrees here tomorrow, but it's going to bring major wind and rain with it...I was going to try to sneak a flight in at lunchtime at the horse track...have to see if I can fit it in between the wind and rain.[>:]

I'm not sure if I want to try the DD tail from Eflite on the CPP or not yet...I am interested though...

Now it looks like they moved the CP Pro 2 release date to mid January!!

They must be ironing out some last minute issues with it...that's my guess...

Glad you got some flying in while the weather was good for you...

Glenn
Old 12-09-2008, 07:12 PM

Glenn,

Today the weather was the opposite from yesterday. It was really windy and with the wind the temp was -1 degree.

Hope your weather turns out to be better, so you can fly tomorrow.

Yeah it seems you can never expect a new heli from E-Flite to come out when they first say it will.

Nick
Old 12-09-2008, 07:18 PM

that would be cool if they made it like a belt driven tail LOL so they could compete with gaui and trex yeah I wonder what there doing to her that's taking so long
Old 12-09-2008, 07:36 PM

Hi Carl and Glenn,

I was speaking to page 5 bottom and the short rod B for the flybar cage. I just wanted to make sure that that 29 mm center to center was a good number for those stubby links?

By now you'll notice that I miss took which tail gear you were speaking of. But Evan pointed out that we/me were speaking to were two different grears, and he put so eliqently too!

I just replaced that gear in the main frame YOUR speaking to last week and it is not much trouble at all. You may know this but what I did was just take out the main shaft J screw and lift the main shaft up swash and all and pull the main gears out of the frame. Then that plate that holds the gear YOU were speaking to slides down and out through where the main gears were. You dod not have topull it plate carrier. Of course you must lossen the boom to give you some belt slack first.

Smiles and Thanks JPee
Old 12-09-2008, 08:15 PM

Ya jpee is right that should be a pretty easy install just make sure you twist the belt back the right direction or the tail will spin the wrong way and that wouldn't be good lol
Old 12-09-2008, 08:44 PM

Hi Carl and Glenn,

I was speaking to page 5 bottom and the short rod B for the flybar cage. I just wanted to make sure that that 29 mm center to center was a good number for those stubby links?

By now you'll notice that I miss took which tail gear you were speaking of. But Evan pointed out that we/me were speaking to were two different grears, and he put so eliqently too!

I just replaced that gear in the main frame YOUR speaking to last week and it is not much trouble at all. You may know this but what I did was just take out the main shaft J screw and lift the main shaft up swash and all and pull the main gears out of the frame. Then that plate that holds the gear YOU were speaking to slides down and out through where the main gears were. You dod not have topull it plate carrier. Of course you must lossen the boom to give you some belt slack first.

Smiles and Thanks JPee
Yes 29mm and you will not have any thread left once you get them to 29.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:47 PM

What?
Old 12-09-2008, 08:50 PM

Yea Nick, I have Hitec 65MGs on both my 400's. I did lose one in a crash some month a ago so I bought a new one to get back in the air. I then sent it in and they replaced it just like Horizon does. Thats why I had one to drop into my 400 tail to stop the WAG.
I have nothing to loose and their expressed warranty is good so I 'll send this one it too and see what happens.

JPee

7:23 pm.
JPEE
Where did you send your Hitec servo for replacement. I just might need to know some day.
I have the HS 65 HBs on B400
Old 12-09-2008, 10:11 PM

Hey guys whenever they deliver my motor to me are they gonna put it in the mail box or on the front porch it's in a small box
Old 12-09-2008, 10:38 PM

Here you go Carl

http://www.hitecrcd.com/
Old 12-09-2008, 10:43 PM

Evan,

USPS has never put a box on my front porch. If it didn't fit in my mail box I would have to go to the post office and pick it up.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.