Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
 are these blades any good for cp pro? >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Hey Carl,

I think you've lost more than Helicopter LMAO!

My story is close to yours. Last Christams a friend gave me an Air Hog, you know one of those little styrofoam heli jobs the size of a humming bird. Anyway, I few the crap out of it for two months. Then in Feb I got a CX2 and that was it, HOOKED! A few months more and I got my first brand new 400. Two weeks later I bought a new 402 a ARF so I would have somehting to refer to after my crashes lol. Then another month later I found a 400 on the EBAY with a HUGE cash'e of extra new parts in bags $$$ and a 400 that did not fly but was complete. Well the short of it was, the previous owner and rebuilt it from a crash wrong and it would not fly, so that was an easy fix. This was complete unit in the box with extra batteries too. So now I have three 400's. Then I bought my new SRB Quark and used that for a few months and then sold it. Then I bought the my plane T-28. And of course I would be remiss if I did not mention now the 500 ESP all in 12 months. Now that I have written all of this sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit, I have spent a lot of money on this hobby!!!!! Oh well at our age the dirt coming so fast......heck we godda enjoy life right??

JPee
Old 12-18-2008, 04:38 PM

I went to go test the CPP again and the tail works, but I got a bad vibration. So I took the head apart and found I had a bent spindle. Luckily I had one left, so I am putting the stock head back on since I won't fly aggressivley with it and there is less slop in the stock head. I am almost done. 5th time is a charm. LOL

Nick
Old 12-18-2008, 05:07 PM

Nick, good work. I can't wait to hear how she flies when complete. When you say your not going to fly the CPP aggressivly does that mean NO 3D but rather docile flier?

JPee
Old 12-18-2008, 05:15 PM

JPEE,

Yeah I probably won't do 3D with it, but just cruise around the backyard. I would rather do 3D with my other 4 helis. After I got everything back together and tested it once again I had another wobble. So I though it was the hard dampening, but I got my scale out and checked the blades and they weren't balanced. So I found a pair that was and problem fixed and the blades are tracking great too. But in the process the CA broke its bond and the boom was loose again. So this time I used super glue and I am waiting for it to dry.

Nick
Old 12-18-2008, 06:06 PM

Nick,

Why can't you use epoxy on that tail. As I follow your progress it seems like your constantly gluing that tail. If it breaks after the epoxy then you "might" have to Dremel the area clean for a second epoxy weld, cause it appears the CZ ain't gettin-it.

Whaddaya think?

JPee
Old 12-18-2008, 06:23 PM

JPEE,

I don't have any expoxy, so I use what I got. The super glue is working really good on the tail case. So I hope it works just as good for the boom going into the frame. All the cases it came out there was a lot of vibration with the tail dragging on the ground. I think once I get normal flying conditions it should be fine.

Nick
Old 12-18-2008, 06:29 PM

10-4 and Roger on that!

Can I ask which CA your using? The thin, med or thick. I was explaining to Glenn one day that when I crash my plane they have CA that is Styofoam friendly. You glue the joint and then you spray (like spraying windex out of a plastic bottle) a "fixer" that makes that glue dry in seconds!
Old 12-18-2008, 06:37 PM

JPEE,

It was a medium CA.

Nick
Old 12-18-2008, 08:08 PM

Hey guys,

Nick's situation reminds me of my CPP...I broke the stock vertical support off of the tailbox long ago...and since it is CA'd to the boom, which is probably a permanent part of the frame, I fabricated a short piece of CF rod to use as a support....

I must have epoxied that thing on a dozen times, and it just will not stay...no matter how thick I put the epoxy on, or whatever, the epoxy just doesn't seem to bond to the type of plastic on the tailbox well at all...[>:]

It's still that way to this day....I like the vertical support setup on the new CPP2, looks like a much improved design.

Nick, I hope you can find a permanent solution for the tail.

I just got back from the post office a little while ago, and the line was not bad at all...I was expecting it to be out the door..lol!

Looks like a lousy weekend for me...work Saturday, and cold, and Sunday is supposed to be rainy and cold...[]

Oh well, welcome to winter, I guess, I think it officially starts this weekend....the 21st I think?

Glenn
Old 12-18-2008, 08:21 PM

Glenn,

I think the problem was that I was putting the CA on with a toothpick because the CA dried in the tip, so I couldn't apply it good enough. And with the super glue it flowed easily into all the cracks. I will find out tomorrow weather it worked or not.

Good to hear the line at the post office wasn't too long.

Sorry to hear your weather doesn't look to good. Yeah the 21st sounds about right for the beginning of winter.

Nick
Old 12-18-2008, 09:09 PM

Nick,

Check out this helicopter simulator I found while looking at some gadget suggestions for Christmas...

It's a sim of a real helicopter, the Russian Ka-50 coaxial heli...

The detail it goes into is mind boggling...it comes with a 350 page (downloadable) manual to explain everything...the guy that reviewed it said the pre-flight inspections and setup can take an hour to do!!

It is super detailed and covers the powerplant, electronics, hydralic systems, the rotor head(s), and even avionics...WHEW...that would be a project and a half to learn!!

Just figured you guys might want to check it out if you're bored.

The program is in downloadable form only at this point, and costs $50...

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co...efault&lang=en

Glenn
Old 12-18-2008, 09:23 PM

Glenn,

That is pretty cool and looks very realistic.

Nick
Old 12-18-2008, 11:22 PM

well i only flew once today and then went and played basketball with my friends. well the fight went pretty good and for some though it seemed like it would get blown down in its own prop wash wich made it loose altitude really fast all of the sudden
Old 12-18-2008, 11:35 PM

and it seemed kinda twitchy today like it was windy or something but it wasnt to windy just like a small breez
Old 12-18-2008, 11:45 PM

Hey Evan,

Glad to hear that you got some flying in today, looks like you had good weather for it...

I have also experienced what you are talking about before, and it can be the wind, or something called a thermal, or some other weird things that can happen to helicopters...

There is a phenomenon called "settling with power" and is also referred to as the "vortex ring state"....if you are interested in learning about them, check this link out...[8D]

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=513037

That should help expain it, although it can get kinda technical....but it will give you an idea of what might be happening...

Glenn

Old 12-18-2008, 11:52 PM

Evan,

Here's another link too...pretty interesting, although there is some debate about how it applies to model helicopters like ours, some say definately, some say not so much...but I believe it applies to some extent, at least...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Settling_with_power

Glenn
Old 12-19-2008, 12:04 AM

Carl,

Very interesting story on the Sky Copter...and kinda funny...LOL...but sorry you never found the heli afterwards...

I'll be interested to see how your 6 cell battery works out, especially how well it fits in the battery tray and under the canopy...

Thanks for the location, your weather is probably pretty close to mine most of the time....

Glenn
Old 12-19-2008, 12:51 AM

Glenn,

RCHeli mag had a pretty cool article on flying helis in thermals around mountains and that looked like a lot of fun. I wonder if Jeff experienced any of that in California.

Nick
Old 12-19-2008, 01:00 AM

I wonder if Jeff experienced any of that in California.
I'am not sure I'd even know... I didn't like to fly in any wind around there as it would usually come in big gusts that would catch me by surprise. I'll have to eventually start getting used to flying in the wind some more. Lot of snow fell here... 12" - 18" in areas around here. We only got 8" as Sequim doesn't get the snow or rainfall like the rest of the state does, but I was able to get 3 flights in with the MCX inside, and 2 Vapor flights outside, and countless runs with the cars in the snow... Its suppose to snow again Saturday night, so maybe Sunday I can get a snow flight in with the Trex maybe... Powder prefered...

Cheers,

~ Jeff

Old 12-19-2008, 01:35 AM

Jeff,

Wow you sure got a lot of snow! I just got freezing rain, so there will probably be a few accidents tomorrow morning. Do you have any vids of your cars cruising in the snow. I haven't seen an RC car drive around in a long time.

Nick
Old 12-19-2008, 07:15 AM
My Feedback: (2)

here comes the snow here in ct, suppose to get 8-12 inches, then another 1-3 inches late tonight and more on sunday
Old 12-19-2008, 09:22 AM

Jeff remember to put balloons around those electronics if you haven't already
Old 12-19-2008, 10:07 AM

Hey Guys, ya all better get your long johns out!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57526.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	1092612  
Old 12-19-2008, 11:51 AM

Nick ~

Yeah I'll have to film "A Flight" with the cars... Kinda waiting for the snow to melt hopefully by next week it seems, then I'll have to shoot a video. The snow is fun, but still challenging to track in it. I need dry pavement so I can put the peddle to the metal. LMAO...

Evan ~

I forgot all about that trick with the balloons around the electrics... I'am totally rusty with the car stuff ! I've been taking the buggy in the snow, and it would literally plow right through it, and under it even sometimes. The RX, and Novak ESC, are wetter than a mother, and full of snow... I take it inside afterwards, and dry it all off, and let it sit and dry before the next run. No probs so far, but I'am playing with fire doing that... I'll have to wrap em' up... The ESC, motor and lipo hardly get warm, so I think I will cover them just to be safe. I could never do that before, as the components used to get pretty warm, but with the 3-cell running the car, everything runs so much cooler for some reason. Maybe more effecient or something. I still can't believe the 3-cell is working so sweet... Novak says only 2-cells, but the 3-cells are working very good. The next brushless system I'll get next time will be the Castle Mamba Max 5700kv system, so that I can try it out and compare it to the Novak system...

JPEE ~

Holy moly....! 60 degrees in L.A....?! You gotta be freezing !.... Kelly, as you know works at Costco like your daughter and she told me that Costco here has a helmet cam kind of contraption for filming video's and lets you place them on You-Tube ready to go.... She says she thought it was around $100.00 or so... I'll have to check it out. I think it is small enough (The Cam) to place it on your baseball cap even....

Glenn ~

LOL.... Yeah... I forgot from your previous post, about the cold and me being a weenie, and I'am officially a member of the weenie club ! Frickin' cold out ! California made me soft in the last year...LMAO... Now I remember.............. Maybe the new DX-7 SE that comes out in March will have a heater blower in it to blow some heat on your hands or something ?! Oh.... Was it us that had those Trex 500's....?!... I forgot we had them, as the only flight I have got to do with it, was in the video ya saw in my maiden video...LOL... I guess there's always next year eh ?!... But I do see the 450 chuckin' some ice though. [8D]

Heli ~

Did ya get that Pede brushless yet ? Its gonna make a world of diff for ya, and you'll love it ! I've heard of guys on Helifreak throwing a AR6100 in there cars and using there DX-7 ! Crazy... I might have to try, but I'am not sure the sticks would make it for me in driving the cars... For now I just use a Futaba TX with a 7 model memory all digital, but its not Spektrum so I feel 'old-school' in using it for the cars... But I've really never had any probs with glitches, or lost reception so far...

Take care gents,

~ Jeff

Old 12-19-2008, 12:29 PM

Jeff,

You dont need to cover the motor because the water wont hurt it but i would cover the esc receiver and servo just to be safe and dont worry about a fire cause you should be fine

Glenn

That theory or whatever is pretty cool but would be really scary if you were the pilot

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.