Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 Need a Tam Failsafe >

Need a Tam Failsafe

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Need a Tam Failsafe

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 08:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Need a Tam Failsafe

ORIGINAL: airkiller

Would you pay yourself the money...... spent on the failsafe......
to track down the leaks in your landing gear system to prevent the need of a failsafe in the first place?

For decades people flew air driven retract systems with massive vibration shaking everything and anything
with very few if any LG system failures...now all of a sudden we are so lazy to troubleshoot, maintain,
and not properly engineer our LG system installations.........that we feel the need for a security blanket?(A failsafe)

Tam makes great stuff....This is not a slam the Tam post, Nor that of his products.
BUT...What are we turning into? The best of the best who don't do the Preventive LG maintance
work on our own jets???....... so that we need some save our little tushies... gadget???

Your not just the pilot.....your the crew chief as well.

I know RJ bob .......... he does not need a failsafe, because he is a good crew chief.
Its just cold up there in alaska, he's bored, and needs something to toy around with...

Long Live...... Joe Patroni..... and B-58 Hustlers

Hi,

I'm with you on that. Strange enough for me to say this in this thread, I do think the Tam failsafe is a great idea. In my planes, though, I've simply never had any issue. The gear and valves I use are extremely reliable, and the tubing is safety wired to the tanks. The only time I've had a gear-up issue was because of a retract valve servo failed. That's why I haven't used the fail-safes I have.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:17 PM
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: airkiller

Its just cold up there in alaska, he's bored, and needs something to toy around with...

Long Live...... Joe Patroni..... and B-58 Hustlers

It's cold...I'm bored...need toys.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:10 PM
My Feedback: (80)

ORIGINAL: tamjets

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

LMOF......All this years you not Tam stalker......
Good you let me know that.[:'(]

HUH???

Actually, nevermind! I don't wanna know. Trying to figure out what on earth you're talking about is like staring at a neon psychedelic Rorshach....

Anyway, you still here? I thought I told you to go play....
If you can't figure out.
The search key can help. Eveyone knew how to use it.
Just seach YellowAircaft post by Shawn Evan.....how many post giving Tam crap ever since RCU exict.

So true Tam, so true!

Bla bla bla. Same ole stank following you around. Kinda like the piece of leftover toilet paper left on ones arse that just seems to never go away!

Have fun at Florida Jets Tam! Fly the heck out of that P100 powered A4 and P20 powered F16. At least you are at the show promoting your fine products and putting on a show with your fine piloting skills!

Old 03-01-2011, 10:41 PM

ORIGINAL: AFTERBURNER1

LMOF......All this years you not Tam stalker......
Good you let me know that.[:'(]

HUH???

Actually, nevermind! I don't wanna know. Trying to figure out what on earth you're talking about is like staring at a neon psychedelic Rorshach....

Anyway, you still here? I thought I told you to go play....
If you can't figure out.
The search key can help. Eveyone knew how to use it.
Just seach YellowAircaft post by Shawn Evan.....how many post giving Tam crap ever since RCU exict.

So true Tam, so true!

Bla bla bla. Same ole stank following you around. Kinda like the piece of leftover toilet paper left on ones arse that just seems to never go away!

Have fun at Florida Jets Tam! Fly the heck out of that P100 powered A4 and P20 powered F16. At least you are at the show promoting your fine products and putting on a show with your fine piloting skills!

LOL,

What took you so long? Geez, I'm gonna need some pepto after that commercial.... I give you props for being a good pilot, Duky, but
when it comes to arses, toilet paper and stank, you're definitely the guy I'd ask. Speaking of arses, if you'd peel your lips off Tam's long enough, maybe you could let him know I'm still waiting for the details on that "feds" thing. Oh, and while you're "down there", remind him that it's not a crime (in the rest of the world) to mention a better product or better service to someone on the net. That's about the only thing I've ever done (unprovoked) to piss him (or his arse-monkeys like you) off. You don't see Mueller crying or sending his b*tch in here everytime a guy mentions Tam's pipes, do you? Why the double-standard?

ALL SMACK-TALKING ASIDE, THOUGH:

Duky, I know Tam is your friend and so I appreciate why you come in here and talk trash like this. You're backing your buddy, and that's cool. I know that at the end of the day, you're a decent dude, so it's all good. I also know that the next time I see you, you'll most likely be cordial and cool like you always are in person, despite the keyboard courage when it goes ugly in these threads. In fairness, though, you have to admit that I don't go looking for trouble with him...I just speak my mind truthfully which sometimes is disfavorable toward him but is sometimes favorable too. If I've done something wrong here, it's just been my refusal to recognize the sacred-cow status. I treat him (and everyone else) like he treats me. When he calls me out and I stand up to it, I don't cherry-pick details and/or grossly mischaracterize things or, for that matter, tell flat-out lies the way [I think I've demonstrated to any thinking person] he does. He's a big boy, and he can fight his own battles, don't you think? I certainly don't need anyone to come in here and jump in on my side so why do you need to come in here and write stuff you know damned well you'd never say to my face when the thinking part of you has to know he's no innocent victim here? In this particular case, it started with me offering a fellow modeler some help. How can you possibly justify how Tam reacted to that, let alone try to support the 'poor, persecuted Tam' theory in this case?

For the record, you can expect that anytime I happen to read a question where someone is asking for a recommendation for a straight pipe, I'm going to advise Jet Tech for all of the reasons I've stated again and again. I think it's a better product with better service so.....shoot me. That's my honest opinion, and I'm not going to shy away for fear that Tam or his friends are going to start net-bullying. If that's going to start a flame war every time, then so be it. I've never, ever been one to run from a fight. I seldom start them, but I'm always game if the other guy is. If you don't know by now that I'm not afraid of anybody, let alone their internet disfavor....

I still recommend (and use, BTW) lots of Tam's stuff so the persecution thing is pure nonsense and maybe you guys could just consider getting over it? My personal feelings about a guy are not going to cause me to treat him or his wares unfairly, especially when asked by a customer. I just think it's crazy that I can't think ONE item from another manufacturer is superior (and say so in public) without it being some kind of attack. To me, that's just egotism at its worst, and friend or not; you know this thread proves that case pretty easily. Come on, I offer the guy a failsafe for a good price and all this?? Really??

If Tam is the great man you say, then maybe he'll take a moment to reflect on his proclamation about how low it was of me to offer up my failsafe to a guy who needed one. Also, if he's not a liar, then he'll take me up on my public offer of reward for substantiating the details of his "feds" story. That one seems like a no-brainer to me...

I'm done with this one. Certain types of people will take that as their cue to come in and add their trash-talk because they know I won't respond, but that's how some people are. Everyone else can draw their own conclusions.

Over and Out on this one. Bob and Tom, your failsafes are on their way.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:55 PM

Classic! Hook line and sinker. I bet a pal a buck that you would waste 45 min of your time writing a long winded oration.

I won!

I could care less about the meaningless back n forth banter between you too.

Too funny. Back to my cold beers, bros and poker table.

Cheers all.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was kind of long. Get off the computer and finish my jet. Shawn I don't know why you bother, bro. To answer your question its obvious why Tam got mad at you for the fail-safe. If you sold yours for 50 bucks then thats one less he can sell for 100 bucks. Its pretty simple math, bro.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

RJ Bob, I apologize, The previous post was not meant to slam you on your use , selection of equipment, design of systems, or backups....

My point was, it seems that as a group we are sometimes too gadget happy. I am extremely guilty of this as well....and have paid the price for it.

Seperate issue...
Tam is well liked and treated well at every event I have seen him at.
I'm sure Shawn Is treated the same way in the real world.
Sticking up for ones friends should only be done........ if they are truely....in the right.
If you sticking with your buddies, just because they are your buddies, and backing them when they are ....in the wrong...... your helping to degrade the HIGH standards of our aviation fellowship to the lowest common denominator.

IT SEEMS we are much harder on our fellow pilots and jet personalities here on RCU..... than in person....in the real world.
In person we know that this stuff that's posted mostly...... is all just BS.
But somethings posted can be hurtful and mean spirited....and taken personally
so lighten up ..just a little. Pushing each others buttons does not get
us building or flying any better.

After all its still about having fun and sticking the best landing,
with the coolest airplane,
that ....you painted,
and did not have to wrench on all day,fixing things,
and then getting to go home... code 1,
with no paint to be touched up,
and a trophy..... if your both.... very lucky and very good to put it all
together on that one particular day.

Old 03-02-2011, 12:54 PM
My Feedback: (45)

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">WOW!<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>What a thread, from helping someone out to this.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>I don&rsquo;t see this as productive exposure for Tam or anybody for that matter.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>I still don&rsquo;t understand where his second post came in to play at.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Shame on you Shawn Evans for selling too low, you played <span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></span>a dirty trick.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Hum&hellip;..<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>What I want to know is if the failsafe is still for sale.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>PM me if it is.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Like anybody I like a smoking deal on goodies.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </span>Cheers</font></p>
Old 03-02-2011, 04:33 PM

This has been kind of difficult for me.

I accepted help from a modeler (who I don't know personally) and It seems that I may offend some of my friends if I take advantage of an offer that was made in order to help me.

This is still kind of difficult for me.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:36 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 94 Likes on 50 Posts

I know...that how I'm too.
But I had this shadow following me around. I wish it just goes away.

Wow....

Some people would call this ''delusions of persecution.'' You came in here and called me ''low'' for offering a fellow modeler an item he needed at a reasonable price. I'm still trying to understand that. You seriously think this was some kind of attack on you? Now you're talking about being followed around...? This kind of thing makes you look even more silly (and a little imbalanced, too) and I can't imagine it's helping. Anyway, you accused me of ''...messing around with this customer...'' and implied that I was insincere in my offer. You've been shown to be wrong on both counts, so will you be man enough to acknowledge that? If not, thank you for demonstrating the accuracy of my previous summation of you.

On the one hand you play the persecuted victim, while on the other hand you talk trash and start crap...(and in this case for my offering to help a guy out). If you don't want the horns, don't pull the tail. Pretty simple.

But hey! It hasn't been all bad, has it? Remember that time at the awards banquet when I helped you up into your high-chair? It was right after we were discussing our mutual friend, Aarrick Baaarwin...
[X(][X(]
NOW who's stooping low? Dude, don't know EITHER of you. Couldn't pick you out of a line up for a million bucks. Have no beef with either of you at all. Don't understand Tam's initial rant or it's background. Don't care.

It's obvious that Tam must have gotten under your skin, in spite of your claims to the contrary, for YOU to have exercised such poor judgement, though. Take my word on this please:

That. Is. WAY. Out. Of. Line......No one here has a background which gives them liscense tmake such a remark.

Whatever the beef between the two of you, there is NO justification for mocking accent/heritage/race. None
Old 03-02-2011, 05:56 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 94 Likes on 50 Posts

ORIGINAL: rjbob

I accepted help from a modeler (who I don't know personally) and It seems that I may offend some of my friends if I take advantage of an offer that was made in order to help me.

Fwiw, I don't think that's the case.

You shouldn't feel that way at all, IMO.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:32 PM
My Feedback: (75)

Guys...give it a break and go on to something else.
I know Bob and contacted him. I sent him a failsafe. He got what he wanted. Let it go already.

Lowell
Old 03-02-2011, 10:11 PM

ORIGINAL: highhorse

Fwiw, I don't think that's the case.

You shouldn't feel that way at all, IMO.

You really think Shawn offered him the f/s to piss Tam off? That's bridging a pretty big canyon there. On that other stuff, the Team America jokes and Shawn thinking the Kim Jong-Il puppet looks or sounds like Tam isnt racial. People make fun of Tam's accent all the time in here and nobody gets twisted over it. I think this whole thing is stupid and old, but I do have to admit I am wondering if Tam is going to answer up on the charge about shawn being in trouble with the cops and sending nasty pics and all. That's a pretty serious thing to accuse a business competitor of on the net if you can't back it up. People have been successfully sued for less than that, especially in this state.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:57 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Enough is enough. Everyone PLEASE.......

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0[/youtube]
Old 03-03-2011, 12:35 AM

Hi,

Though it pains me to go against my own word, I'm going to do it anyway and chime in again in this thread after I've said I signed out.

After someone pointed it out to me, I realized that my Team America/Kim Jong thing was perceived by some as a racial slam. Of course I did not mean it like that, but I do acknowledge that it's not unreasonable to interpret it that way. I'm not going to say I've never in my life thought or said things I regret or am ashamed of, but I'm no racist and anyone who saw the comment that way or was offended by the comment (including Tam) has my apologies.

I'm out of this thread for real this time.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:22 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

One for Tam

One for Shawn

And just 'cause because it's always fun, here's one for DOOOUUUUGGGLLLLAAAASSS!!!

Raf
Old 03-03-2011, 12:22 PM

ORIGINAL: ravill

One for Tam

One for Shawn

And just 'cause because it's always fun, here's one for DOOOUUUUGGGLLLLAAAASSS!!!

Raf
I love you, Raf!
Old 03-03-2011, 04:18 PM

ORIGINAL: ravill

One for Tam

One for Shawn

Raf

Funny No spank here sonny. I was right and I won the bet!!!!! [X(][8D]

See you soon Raffy boy!!! We need to go rip it up.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:17 PM

Hi,

Though it pains me to go against my own word, I'm going to do it anyway and chime in again in this thread after I've said I signed out.

After someone pointed it out to me, I realized that my Team America/Kim Jong thing was perceived by some as a racial slam. Of course I did not mean it like that, but I do acknowledge that it's not unreasonable to interpret it that way. I'm not going to say I've never in my life thought or said things I regret or am ashamed of, but I'm no racist and anyone who saw the comment that way or was offended by the comment (including Tam) has my apologies.

Shawn God knows I don't agree with you politically but you always been very helpful and this shows that even though you have your moments, you at least have some class. Thats alot more than can be said for some of the other people in this "thread".

Mr Tam I know a thing or two about interpreting evidence and checking stories. You made a pretty serious accusation about shawn and he asked you to prove it. He basically called you a liar and you're sure starting to look like one to me. I don't know or care about what other people in this discussion think, but I'd sure like to hear what you have to say about that.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Goin West

You made a pretty serious accusation about shawn and he asked you to prove it. He basically called you a liar and you're sure starting to look like one to me. I don't know or care about what other people in this discussion think, but I'd sure like to hear what you have to say about that.

You should take him up on that Tam... Almost sounds like he is threatening you.. Better yet, report him to the mods... Comments like that are uncalled for!! Go back and check his forum posts.. He has been on the "Bash a Tam" wagon for a long time..
Old 03-03-2011, 08:28 PM
My Feedback: (23)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Goin West

Hi,

Shawn God knows I don't agree with you politically but you always been very helpful and this shows that even though you have your moments, you at least have some class. Thats alot more than can be said for some of the other people in this ''thread''.

Mr Tam I know a thing or two about interpreting evidence and checking stories. You made a pretty serious accusation about shawn and he asked you to prove it. He basically called you a liar and you're sure starting to look like one to me. I don't know or care about what other people in this discussion think, but I'd sure like to hear what you have to say about that.
going west, I dont think we know each other and I guess it doesnt matter, but asking Tam to show proof should not be done on this forum, if Tam and Shaun has to discuss a situation, then its best they do it off the forum, please stop asking Tam to give you proof, if he wishes to do so, he can PM you, we dont need this on the forum, and please stop pushing this fail safe deal, let it alone, it has nothing to do with you or anyone.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:30 PM

I had to update my email info and somehow accidentally deleted my account?  Anyway.  Doug nobody is threatening Tam unless you mean threatening to notice that he seems oddly quiet when asked to own what he wrote.  Joe I don't know you personally but I know who you are.  You seem like a legit stand up guy so I know where you are coming from.  I agree that <u>none</u> of this rediculous stuff belongs here, but I disagree that it should be private at this point.  It was not in private that Tam leveled a very serious accusation at Shawn.  Where I come from you don't get to say someone got in trouble with the cops for sending nasty pictures online unless its true and frankly I don't understand why you guys would tolerate that kind of thing and give him cover for it.  Friend or not, that's not ok.  I do consider Shawn a buddy, but I don't agree with everything he says and if he wrote something like that about me on a public forum, I'd be bringing a lawyer into his life.  I'm signing off on this one too but I hope people take note and I hope Shawn holds him accountable for that.  Shawn manned up and apologized and Tam should man up and admit he lied or prove the accusation like he was challenged to.   Nobody else here had a dad that taught him that's how a man should conduct himself?  
Old 03-04-2011, 10:24 AM
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

I'm sorry you went through this too.....who of us is not a price watcher when it comes to
getting the modeling products we want ?
You scored a great deal......congrats, on finding what you wanted at a killer price via a fellow modeler.
The rcu classified section is full of stuff at sometimes killer prices........ so long live retail therapy and the hunt for the killer deal .(Scoreing a killer deal is even better than argueing with Miller about the outboard engines on a B-58) HE -HE-HA -HA !!!
see ya soon !
Old 03-04-2011, 10:57 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

ORIGINAL: goin west too

I had to update my email info and somehow accidentally deleted my account? Anyway. Doug nobody is threatening Tam unless you mean threatening to notice that he seems oddly quiet when asked to own what he wrote. Joe I don't know you personally but I know who you are. You seem like a legit stand up guy so I know where you are coming from. I agree that <u>none</u> of this rediculous stuff belongs here, but I disagree that it should be private at this point. It was not in private that Tam leveled a very serious accusation at Shawn. Where I come from you don't get to say someone got in trouble with the cops for sending nasty pictures online unless its true and frankly I don't understand why you guys would tolerate that kind of thing and give him cover for it. Friend or not, that's not ok. I do consider Shawn a buddy, but I don't agree with everything he says and if he wrote something like that about me on a public forum, I'd be bringing a lawyer into his life. I'm signing off on this one too but I hope people take note and I hope Shawn holds him accountable for that. Shawn manned up and apologized and Tam should man up and admit he lied or prove the accusation like he was challenged to. Nobody else here had a dad that taught him that's how a man should conduct himself?
Ok fine, I confess. There was this time and yes there were some pics....

But I was acquitted cause the gloves didn't fit!!!

Raf