Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Classified question...Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 01:26 PM
My Feedback: (82)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Classified question...Help!

If he is a trading plus certified member, they have all his info on file. If not you will need to pursue it on your own. RCU needs to know for your benifit and to avoid others from getting had by this guy. You can pm any of the mods, or email [email protected] and they will get right back to you. Take care, Jay
Old 01-29-2010, 12:51 PM
My Feedback: (6)

I went ahead a filled out the complaint form the other day and haven't heard back from any of the mods.
How long did it take for you to get a responce?
Old 01-29-2010, 05:41 PM

Check out www.whitepages.com. This is what I come up with.

[link]http://www.whitepages.com/search/FindPerson?site_id=17604&firstname_begins_with=1&f irstname=dagan+&name=mcelroy&where=fl[/link]
Old 01-29-2010, 09:18 PM

I'm still laughing at the radio comment. Haha

But in seriousness, I hope that things go in your favor. And we should be cautious about slapping personal info up online, especially when it comes to "paying visits" and things of the like. Bad things can happen.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:26 AM

ORIGINAL: magnus213

I'm still laughing at the radio comment. Haha

But in seriousness, I hope that things go in your favor. And we should be cautious about slapping personal info up online, especially when it comes to "paying visits" and things of the like. Bad things can happen.
<div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: 9pt">Point well taken.
It's kind of hard to maintain much sensibility when someone steals $1500 from you and it starts to appear that there is nothing you can do about it.

</span></div>
Old 02-01-2010, 12:22 PM

ORIGINAL: aknitroguy

If he is a trading plus certified member, they have all his info on file. If not you will need to pursue it on your own. RCU needs to know for your benifit and to avoid others from getting had by this guy. You can pm any of the mods, or email [email protected] and they will get right back to you. Take care, Jay

Well Nitro guy....I filled out an "official" complaint form (last week), sent email to the address you listed above, and filled out another complaint form today trying to get an update on the one I sent out last week.
No reply at all from anyone at RCU and the guy that has stolen my truck still shows a good trade rating.

Any other suggestions?

Old 02-01-2010, 02:52 PM

<div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: 9pt">I was just contacted via email by someone at RCU.
They were very nice and they tried to help the best they could, unfortunately all they can really do is to suspend the user&rsquo;s account, which they have done.</span></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: 9pt">Now at least the rest of you are safe from this Jack*****</span></div>
Old 02-08-2010, 03:58 PM

For any of you that have been following this thread...I have an update.

Wednesday of last week the buyer provided me a tracking number for what he said was his car. When I asked why he sent his car to me instead of sending mine back like I requested, he <span class="squiggly" title="To see spelling suggestions, click this word" word="replyed" state="new" splc="splc">replyed</span> that he was sureI would like his car better and thatif that wasn't the case I could send it back to him. I was again very clear with him that I was in no way interested in a trade with him and to just send my truck back. He didn't reply. This morning I checked the status of the shipment via the tracking number I was given.The number identified a package that was delivered to a city other than mine and sign for by a person I have never heard of friday of last week.. I sent another email asking him to verify the number he gave me.
Again there been no response.</p>

</p>
Old 02-08-2010, 04:30 PM

Contact his local FL police departments internet fraud department. I think it's safe to say you've been put through enough bs already.

Also tell us who this jerk is, wouldn't be the first time someone gets suspended, then returns under a different name.

Plus I checked for you, round trip from O'Hare to Tampa is $405. It may cost you a pretty penny but at least you might get your $1500 truck back when you show up on his door step and him mommy and daddy find out what he did.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:09 PM

This is Charles McElroy, Dagan's father just got done reading all the great comments. Tomorrow i'm taking legal action against Bryan H. for harassing a minor. I have read all the messages and emails between you and my son and you clearly agreed on a straight forward trade for your T-Maxx for my son's Custom Mini LST 2. I will also be speaking further with someone about sharing private information about me and my family. From reading emails you were the one that contacted my son first to trade on RCuniverse.com.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:43 PM

Well, Mr Charles McElroy....you have been grossly miss informed.
1. Your son is the one that made the offer for the trade. I accepted it. It's right there on the web site.
2. I didn't "share" any information that isn't already part of his public profile.
3. We did indeed agree to trade my T-max for his Mini LST even, but that does hing on looking at each others offering.
your son held my $1500 truck hostage while he decided (this is a key point) wheather he was going to trade or not.
Then once he decided he wanted to trade he sent me his truck and than I have the same opportunity to decide.
As important to you as your son may be, he doesn't get to make my decision on weather the trade happens or not.
If both parties don't agree, than it doesn't happen.
And I DON"TAGREETOTHETRADE!
Old 02-11-2010, 11:43 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Not trying to get in on this too much, but that was (at least attempted) internet fraud. And it sounds like bhildebr as yet to receive either his car in return or the car he agreed to trade for.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:48 PM

I also agree with <font size="2" color="#00265e">1ne8ighty2wo</font> .
Old 02-12-2010, 12:00 AM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Since when is information freely available online private info?
Why do I think he signed up for another account and is trying to scare the OP
BTW its not internet fraud I believe it constitutes as MAIL fraud across state borders which is a federal crime. Only thing you get with internet fraud is being labeled a douche

BTW possible punishment for mail fraud
To be convicted of mail fraud, one must do all of the following:

* Purposefully create a plan to defraud an individual or institution Done, by offering to do a trade and not keeping up his end of the bargain
* Display intent to commit fraud done, provided a bogus tracking number
* Mail something—for the purpose of carrying out a fraudulent scheme—through the USPS or a private carrier the offer and the bogus tracking information claiming it was the truck would fall under this

Mail fraud, a felony, carries a sentence of up to five years in prison and/or fines of up to $250,000 when individuals are involved and up to 30 years in prison and/or $1,000,000 in fines when a financial institution is involved.

Case #3 resembles this

An Arizona man was convicted of mail fraud and sentenced to five years of supervised probation, nine months of home detention, and $1 million in victim restitution after executing the age-old envelope-stuffing scam. The man ran ads in national magazines, promising to send stuffing materials to everyone who mailed money for supply costs ($18 to $36) to his fictitious company. He mailed instructions on how to run an envelope-stuffing business but no actual materials.

http://www.lawyershop.com/practice-a...es/mail-fraud/
Old 02-12-2010, 12:06 AM

1ne8ighty2wo....Correction, after 5 weeks of waiting I did finely get his car just the other day. It took me two extra days because he sent it to an adress other than the one I told him to send it to.
I had a friend send it out for me and Dagan thought it was a better idea to send it to the return address of his shipment other than the one I asked him to.
A two plus hour drive later I retrieved his truck. Among other issues he sent a set of tires with only 3 tires. What am I going to do with only 3 tires and rims? I bought a truck not a tri-cycle.
One of his big selling points for his truck was that it came with a brand new Lipo. Well I now know why it was brand new. It was the wrong battery for the car. It doesn't fit, and can not be used. Mis-matched screws, trashed dog bones, trashed dog bone cups, trashed diff, etc.
The truck was clean and photographed well. But it was far far from the "SHOW" truck that he claimed.
I am in no way interested in a trade.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:18 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Do you still, by chance, have a copy of the original ad?
Old 02-12-2010, 01:40 AM

Since they banned his account it's no longer accessable.
The only thing I can still access is his discription from his offer.
"Mini LST 2 Aluminum decked out."

His ad didn't have much of a discription just a few pics (actually mine didn't either), we did quite a bit of content/trade confirmitation via email, which I have saved all of.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:00 AM
My Feedback: (32)

Its kind of funny, if you click on the Dagan30 profile it shows a suspended.  Hopefully everything works out for you and you get your t-maxx back.  If not, this was one very expensive lesson I guess.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:02 AM

Mr. Hildebrand, I have read & saved every email that has transpired between you & my son. From your words is where I got this information!!! You might want to look over those again to refresh your memory. I was against this trade from the very beginning.... we have owned several t-maxx's and they r nothing but a money pit! You sent a truck that didn't run.... which was no surprise! l By the looks of that truck it was not taken care of !! My brother n law has a dirt track for these trucks and he owns several gas powered trucks with more than "$1,500" dollars in... and won't sell them because nobody will give him near what he has in them! So your so called "$1,500" dollars means nothing to me! My sons mini was purchased about 8mths ago and paid$ 750.00 for it. He might have ran it twice due to not wanting to put any wear and tear on it! At this point I would b afraid to do any re exchange due to distrust. I would not let my son send the truck back to you in fear that this was a scam. It became "very" personal when u "threaten" do a drive by or pay a visit to my home!! I will be contacting a family member that is a detective in law enforcement to help me handle this matter. My son is a great kid! Has never got into trouble! Strait" A" honor student and will be starting college at the age of 16! He would " NEVER" do anything fraudulent or unlawful!!!
Old 02-12-2010, 10:24 AM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dagan30

My son is a great kid! Has never got into trouble! Strait'' A'' honor student and will be starting college at the age of 16! He would '' NEVER'' do anything fraudulent or unlawful!!!
funny every time I turn on the news and hear a kid shot another kid the gunners parents ALWAYS say a very similar line
Old 02-12-2010, 10:42 AM

ORIGINAL: Dagan30

Mr. Hildebrand, I have read &amp; saved every email that has transpired between you &amp; my son. From your words is where I got this information!!! You might want to look over those again to refresh your memory. I was against this trade from the very beginning.... we have owned several t-maxx's and they r nothing but a money pit! You sent a truck that didn't run.... which was no surprise! l By the looks of that truck it was not taken care of !! My brother n law has a dirt track for these trucks and he owns several gas powered trucks with more than "$1,500" dollars in... and won't sell them because nobody will give him near what he has in them! So your so called "$1,500" dollars means nothing to me! My sons mini was purchased about 8mths ago and paid$ 750.00 for it. He might have ran it twice due to not wanting to put any wear and tear on it! At this point I would b afraid to do any re exchange due to distrust. I would not let my son send the truck back to you in fear that this was a scam. It became "very" personal when u "threaten" do a drive by or pay a visit to my home!! I will be contacting a family member that is a detective in law enforcement to help me handle this matter. My son is a great kid! Has never got into trouble! Strait" A" honor student and will be starting college at the age of 16! He would " NEVER" do anything fraudulent or unlawful!!!
Who would really pay $750 for a mini, even with a nice BLsystem and tons of hopups I doubt that anyone would pay $750. In addition to that I am sure that this is the kid sending the message because how many adults do you know that type using short hand like "u"
Old 02-12-2010, 11:06 AM

Dear Charles William McElroy,

Per your request, I have gone back and read all of the conversations that your son and I have had.
Here is the very first email exchange the Dagan and I had.
Notice that on Sunday December 27, 2009 at 5:37 pm your son contacted me saying...

<font color="#800000">"Hey im kinda interested in your Tmaxx let me know thanks."
</font>
I <u>did not</u> contact him first.

On Dec 28, 2009, at 12:21 PM, Bryan Hildebrand &lt;<font color="#0068cf">[email protected]</font>&gt; wrote:

<blockquote class="ecxgmail_quote" style="BORDER-LEFT: #ccc 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1ex">Were you interested in a trade or a cash purchase?

&gt; Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 17:37:08 -0500
&gt; From: <font color="#0068cf">[email protected]</font>
&gt; To: <font color="#0068cf">[email protected]</font>
&gt; Subject: Question Re: Item 584280 in Classifieds Marketplace
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; MESSAGE START-
&gt;
&gt; Hey im kinda interested in your Tmaxx let me know thanks.
&gt;
&gt; MESSAGE END-
&gt;
&gt; ***THE INDIVIDUAL POSTED THIS QUESTION TO THE AD LISTING***
&gt;
&gt; You may respond to the member by clicking reply on this email or, if you would like to avoid similar questions on the same item, you can post your reply directly to your item listing! To do this, just return to your listing and click the "Post Comment" link under the "Discussion" area of your ad. Here is your link:
&gt;
&gt; <font color="#0068cf">http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemID=584280</font>
&gt;
&gt; Thank you,
&gt;
&gt; RC Universe Market
&gt;
</blockquote>
Old 02-12-2010, 11:28 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mazda, I think you are absolutely correct. Only kids and teens love to use 'text' speech. I don't know any adults who type or write like that.

It's funny, his add states: "Im looking to make some good money off this so people shoot me some offeR"

But in his last post he states: "I was against this trade from the very beginning.... we have owned several t-maxx's and they r nothing but a money pit!"

Huh? First, we wants to make big money off the mini, and wants to trade for a truck which he already owned and claims there money pits! (?)

This definitely has teenager written all over it. Maybe he got a job and wants to get back to the money pit trucks. But me thinks Judge Judy Sheindlin said it best, "How do you tell when a teenager is lying? Their mouth is open and their lips are moving!"

DrS
Old 02-12-2010, 11:43 AM

<span style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 9pt">

<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 9pt">Mr. McElroy,

Here is a copy of the offer made by your honor roll law abiding son Dagan.

</p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 9pt">So at this point, with the evidence shown, it’s quite possible that you son is a liar.

</p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 9pt">I did not initiate the communication or the trade with you son.

</p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 9pt">I just thought that I would get a little of the legwork out of the way for your detective family member.

</p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">
http://share.shutterfly.com/share/re...dd16a80fdf8c46</p></p></span>
Old 02-12-2010, 11:55 AM

bhilder, can you post some pics of your t-maxx.  I am just curious to see what it looked like.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.