Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Non Chinese Gas Engines

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 06:00 PM
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Non Chinese Gas Engines

Totally agree. If you buy good stuff you aren't filling up the landfills with junk. I buy BME, 3W, Zenoah (Ralph Cunningham) Wolf Predator, etc. Never have problems with any of them and don't even have to use a glove to start and they are worth something at the end of the day. All run on BP High Test and 3.2 - 3.5 oz Klotz oil.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:00 PM
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: triumphman49

Hey, Where did US Engines originate? ? ? Got a US41 also.
Look at the old style Quadra engines from Canada

There were the Q35, 40, 42 which are related to the US 35 and 41.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:27 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man
I could go to the used shelves and grab a large number of 500 hour engines. Once people learned how to run them the problem was getting them to retire them with less than 500 hours on them. I've got some with 700+ and still making within 100 RPM of the best they ever did. Not a one has ever had a ring changed. Oil and temp control, along with an initial good design and quality control, is what made it all happen. And they have each more than paid for themselves a couple thousand times over through that life cycle and reliability.
If someone knew how to create a Poll to figure out the actual life span of many of the current crop on the market, brand by brand.
Problem is the outcome could become strictly anecdotal and impossible to prove right or wrong

I personally have a 10 year old G26 that has been through a couple of airframes and survived anything I have thrown at it. I can only guess it has around 500 hours on it and it still runs as well as when it was new
Old 08-09-2011, 06:27 PM

ORIGINAL: RCNCMAN

Totally agree. If you buy good stuff you aren't filling up the landfills with junk. I buy BME, 3W, Zenoah (Ralph Cunningham) Wolf Predator, etc. Never have problems with any of them and don't even have to use a glove to start and they are worth something at the end of the day. All run on BP High Test and 3.2 - 3.5 oz Klotz oil.
Over 50 posts and not one poster has felt thethe need to ask a "support" question or make a statement of how "great" the backup service is. Because these are generally not needed when a good product is used from the start.

I guess this is not only a reflection on the quality of the engines in the thread title but also a reflection of the quality of those that know to use them.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:28 PM
My Feedback: (26)

BME 102 in a H-9 Sukhoi & Husky Challenger 4.4 by Russel Stoltz, I have two !! One in a Meister P-47 & one in a 100" P-63 !! None better in the USA !! G-62 in a Top Flight P-51 & a GT-80 in a Meister F4u Corsair !! DA-100 in a 35% Airworks 260 !!
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS INSANITY !!! On another not I bought a china engine this winter, its a DLA 112 a DLE copy with jap bearings and a solid billit cnc'd case !! Haven't run it yet !! so the jury is still out !! www.deltarcengines.com
Old 08-09-2011, 08:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: apalsson

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man
I could go to the used shelves and grab a large number of 500 hour engines. Once people learned how to run them the problem was getting them to retire them with less than 500 hours on them. I've got some with 700+ and still making within 100 RPM of the best they ever did. Not a one has ever had a ring changed. Oil and temp control, along with an initial good design and quality control, is what made it all happen. And they have each more than paid for themselves a couple thousand times over through that life cycle and reliability.
If someone knew how to create a Poll to figure out the actual life span of many of the current crop on the market, brand by brand.
Problem is the outcome could become strictly anecdotal and impossible to prove right or wrong

I personally have a 10 year old G26 that has been through a couple of airframes and survived anything I have thrown at it. I can only guess it has around 500 hours on it and it still runs as well as when it was new
We've recently surpassed 500,000 hours of recorded flight time. Since that was part of a press release it's now public available. That's just flight time.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:55 PM
My Feedback: (185)

Here's my list of gassers:
two 3w24s
3w28
ZDZ 40
3w48 twin
Taurus 52
Walker Sachs 52
Brison 52

I sure like the reliability and simplicity of the Sachs base engines with CH ignition.

For glow engines I prefer YS, love how they sound and the power they produce. Wish they would make a gas engine! Has anyone ever tried to convert one to gas?
Old 08-10-2011, 12:19 AM

I imagine that with direct injection and supercharging they are going to be very difficult to convert to gasoline easily. Unlike alocohol fuels, gasoline is made up of hydrocarbon chains from C4 to C8. The longer chains, especially the olefinic type structures tend to cause gumming of fine orifices in engines and this needs to be controlled to get the best performance.
The alcohol fuels are not limited by this.
Of ocurse if Alkylate is used as the hydrocarbon fuel, then the problem goes away.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:51 AM

All, The CH ignition is alive and well. Take look at these pictures. Now running one on my JBA 15 (sorry). Bob

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=10594021
Old 08-10-2011, 03:02 AM

Crikey
No wonder the US economy is going down the tube. Even on a thread like this where the OP requested no discussions of C******* product, many have tried, including one who tried to plug their own shop that sells many of them.
Either there is so much brainwashing going on that people don't realise just how much of their money they are sending to the country who owns the biggest chunk of the debt or they just don't care.

Fortunately, the Non C****** engines seem to be remaining around long enough for there to be some left when the world changes back again.

1 day flying per week, 6 flights in one day, 15 minutes of engine time per average on each flight. 48 weeks per year of flying. That is 72 hours run time per year.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:23 AM
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

So what kind of non Ch******se engines do you have in Perth?
Old 08-10-2011, 04:15 AM

the only people responsible for the state of the US economy is the people who determined the monetary policy and lending policy both internationally and internally. That's the US government that was seated before 2007. The chinese have nothing to do with it. In fact without the chinese its likely there would be no US engine options at all since them buying US foreign debt is what kept the economy going...
Old 08-10-2011, 04:31 AM

I own.....

2 BME 58's
1 brison 2.4
Old 08-10-2011, 05:06 AM
My Feedback: (159)

Good morning Bob,
It seems we are neighbors.We are based out of Glen Allen VA. I saw your post regarding CH ignitions.Do you have their web address or telephone number?
Old 08-10-2011, 05:28 AM
My Feedback: (22)

right now I am using a dle30 and fortnuately it runs great! likely the next time I have more funds available so I will gowith syassa .hes practically 2 hours from my house.I have had zenoah's and you cant fault them as they are excellent wearing engines.I just wish they were lighter.my first motor was a 3w60 and that was a powerhouse.

I would also eventually like to try a MLD35 and JC..for me if its a warbird I love my zenoahs.

I was going to get a new weedwhacker and dismantle my current one and convert it ..If I build a big cub ..I know where I can my motor.lol..
Old 08-10-2011, 05:31 AM

Good day,
We are an authorized dealer for a USA made engine that you should definitely take a look at.SYSSA engines. You can check it out here on RCU we advertise there are visit our company site
http://vamodelbuilders.com/syssa-air...e-engines.html
Old 08-10-2011, 06:52 AM

VAmod: Here is the CH info. [email protected], ADRIAN CIULEI. He is located on the east coast in MD. He is extremly easy to deal with. The one in the photo weighs about 3/4 of once less than the Rcexl and can be had with any type of sparkplug lead and, most importantant will handle 7.4 volts. I'm averaging ~175mah per 10+ minute flight. More with 3d. Bob
Old 08-10-2011, 08:03 AM

ORIGINAL: VIRGINIA MODEL BUILDERS

Many of us in the Hobby industry desire to support American manufacturers. We at VAMODELBUILDERS are one of those.There are many finely made foreign engines that we handleand fly in our planes.Recently we have found an American made engine that we have begun marketing. The SYSSA AIRCRAFT PERFORMANCE 30CC ENGINE. They produce a finely finished product right here in the USA with manufacturing facility in Meridan CT. As of July we have added there 30cc engine to our engine offerings. The SYSSA 30 cc sells for $429.00 wich is obviously more than the street price of the DLA 32cc or the DLE30cc engines however for those who wish to by a finely made AMERICAN MADE engine it is a choice to consider.
http://vamodelbuilders.com/syssa-air...e-engines.html

ENGINE MANUAL http://www.syssaaircraft.net/pdf/SAP...anual_v1-2.pdf

IGNITION PDF http://www.syssaaircraft.net/pdf/Ign...tins_final.pdf

</p>
It's good to see a company openly declare that they have seen the light on quality.

Something that's not clear from your post - are you now ditching the lower quality engine lines or just using the opportunity of this thread to announce that you now sell the Syssa as a quality product?

Old 08-10-2011, 08:26 AM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bpar4, Does Adrian have a website? That's his email mail address you posted. Dan.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:10 AM

ORIGINAL: TimBle

The chinese have nothing to do with it.
How about unemployment ?If we buy only ch**** products, what will our workers do ? Everybody is not an engineer or a manager. If only ch**** products were good... But they are'nt.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Ropomond

Fortunately, the Non C****** engines seem to be remaining around long enough for there to be some left when the world changes back again.
I'm afraid things have gone too far and time is running...The new generation does not care about engineering, only management.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Paul_BB
I'm afraid things have gone too far and time is running...The new generation does not care about engineering, only management.
Guys, let's stay on topic please.
This forum probably isn't the best place to analyze Global Economy and there are undoubtedly others better equipped to do that
I cannot speak for the OP either but I don't think this thread was set up for retailer's product announcements either
Old 08-10-2011, 10:53 AM

ORIGINAL: Paul_BB

The chinese have nothing to do with it.
How about unemployment ?If we buy only ch**** products, what will our workers do ? Everybody is not an engineer or a manager. If only ch**** products were good... But they are'nt.
That may be true, very true but its still not the fault of the Chinese is it. China produces goods. Some poor, some good and some excellent. They have a booming economy and are educating thousands of technical people every year at universities and colleges. How is problems in other countries their fault?

Its their purchase of government debts around the globe that has allowed those countries to continue functioning. How did those countries get into trouble in the first place? por governance.

That does not take away from the facts that there are many small companies around the world that produce fantastic goods at competitive prices. Where I can I support those guys. But that does not make Chinese products rubbish either.
If Icould I'd buy more MIntor, MVVS, DA, Syssa etc etc etc but the reality is that its simply mre convenient to get a DLE because its cheap, mass produced and does what I need it too.

Comparing the petrol engine for a hobby plane that I am not going to be sitting inside to a passenger car that my family and I will be transported in is not quite the same thing.

Now onto a non CHinese gasser related question:How do I tell the difference between a MVVS32cc and their 40cc outwardly? They appear similar and theres no capacity stamped on the crank case. I don;t want to take the head off because then I own it. Its 2nd hand and the owner was never sure if it was 32cc or 40cc... :/
Old 08-10-2011, 11:22 AM

Now onto a non CHinese gasser related question: How do I tell the difference between a MVVS 32cc and their 40cc outwardly? They appear similar and theres no capacity stamped on the crank case. I don;t want to take the head off because then I own it. Its 2nd hand and the owner was never sure if it was 32cc or 40cc... :/
That might be a bit of a struggle because MVVS don't make a 32cc and to my knowledge, never have

Until recently, they have made a 26cc, a 40cc (looks similar to the 26cc but bigger), a 50cc, 58cc, 80cc, 116cc and 157cc
Their latest engine, marketed as a 30cc looks the same as the old 26cc and has the same external dimensions and similar weight
Old 08-10-2011, 11:58 AM

<div style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt"><span style="line-height: 115%; font-size: 9pt">No to both questions. In actuality we have been designing and producing after-market engine parts for RC gas engines for about two years now. We design and manufacture these parts in Virginia. Although we could produce them in Asia we have taken a stand and work on a much smaller margin. We believe in America.
Please realize we earn our money by selling hobby items to the customer. We have to supply what they desire. We as merchants have to serve the desires and needs of our customers or close our doors.
We handle SYSSA engines and are proud they are madein AMERICA.
We also handle 3 other brands of engines that are manufactured in Japan and China.
PS we happen to also export our line of aftermarket made by us in AMERICA parts worldwide with sales as far away as INDIAandAUSTRALIA.
My stating that we are a SYSSA dealer is not meant as an ad for our company. About six months ago a party- name not mentioned slammed us for commenting favorably on a product we are dealers for and not stating that we were dealers for that product. Since that time when I comment on a product we handle I always state that we are dealers for that product.</span></div>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.