Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

savage sucks big time

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 01:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: savage sucks big time

ahahaha revo fan making some fun

mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better no mines better
Old 12-12-2005, 01:23 AM
My Feedback: (7)

Bryston, tuning plane engines is completely different from nitro car engines. they dont even use the same type of fuel. did you know that? I have had my savage over a year now and i've broke just about everything one can on it. but it wasnt from poor design, it was because of me jumping the living crap out of it. Maybe you should just go fly a kite instead. LMAO[sm=lol.gif]
Old 12-12-2005, 06:29 AM

ya, its like what they say, the hobby just isnt for everyone.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:38 AM
My Feedback: (-1)

racer man, that was my soda!!

*throws peanuts at everyone*
Old 12-12-2005, 08:59 AM
My Feedback: (2)

ok the guy wants to know your opionion about grass runnin , i had no problem my self on grass but if hehas real thick grass and a loose spur gear you will melt it , hpi says tighten that spur all the way dont slip it at all and i run a aluminum spur w a metat gear insert and i have zero problems on any terrian . you might want to bite the bullet and bring it to a shop that is good wsavages and have them set it up and then you maintain that ..my two pennies.......
Old 12-12-2005, 09:27 AM

a tight spur is a good way to go, however I have blown threw three stock diff sets from running a tight slipper and bad landings over this summer, I plan to keep running a tight slipper and go with aluminum diff set up next season.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:54 AM

I run through thick grass w/ no problems! I just tighten the slipper all the way, and then turn it half a turn out. I run through thick grass, and can pop wheelies through it.

(thick as in 4+ inches tall)
Old 12-12-2005, 11:01 AM

well for the radio box, you can get the clear lexan radio box for 6 bucks. I still use a hump pack but at least it looks cool
Old 12-12-2005, 12:09 PM

How is the clear radio box going to help? Its still a pain in the ***** to open...
Old 12-12-2005, 12:58 PM
My Feedback: (3)

lexan is more flexible.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:55 PM

wow wot a birds nest ive owned savages for the last 3 years and i owen two at the present one 25 rtr and the other got a 26 engine in the only problem i found with the spur gear is when the clutch bell gets hot it melts it. the radio box i never had to get in it since puting a hump back batery in . only things i broke is a suspenson arm thats when i drove in a tree. the savage is one of the best trucks out i put it down to owners folt.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:01 PM

bryston you definately got a wednesday truck. had mine for 3yrs and no problems. hpi would most likely work with you just to salvage their savage rep...
sorrrrrrrrry man
Old 12-12-2005, 06:32 PM

Did anybody save me some popcorn?

Nanuk
Old 12-12-2005, 06:46 PM

Yep, here it is. Dig in! Free refills on all popcorn and soda!!!!
Old 12-12-2005, 07:00 PM

Ok, me and my friend are always running his about 4or 5 month your old savvy25. I love the thing. I own a tmaxx I love it but I am thinking about getting a savage also. I live out in the country and have about 6 acers. I have tall thinck grass,and cut thin grass front yard,concret,dirt,sand,gravel, anything you could think of. We get out here and jump the things,drag races,bash, do everything. And we have the savvy,revo,tmaxx,jato and as far as the savage goes I think that is one of the toughest trucks I have seen for bashing and or racing. He rarely ever works on it, and he barely has to fine tune it. I dont think he has put a new spur gear on it. And to compare it to the revo,my friend just let off the gas in a corner and rolled the revo and it stripped out a spur gear. Dont ask me why. But I am not saying anything about the revo. But i think everything you are descrbing is all your fault. If you are having this much trouble get rid of that truck. Because you shouldnt be having this much trouble. And if I were in your shoes, I would find someone to help me learn how to tune and work the truck. And also I would have contacted HPI if you say the LHS looked at it and it didnt help any.
cchrider
Old 12-12-2005, 07:00 PM

ORIGINAL: mayhem maniac

Yep, here it is. Dig in! Free refills on all popcorn and soda!!!!
If you do free refills on beer and peanuts then I'm in.

Hey, watch out, the floors gettin kinda slippery!!!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2005, 07:29 PM

yea, it shows how much you know buddy
Old 12-12-2005, 07:56 PM

Ok this is my first post but here it goes. I am, was new to rc and nitro. I purchased a savage and have been very pleased so far. I have gone through one-one way bearing one spur gear, and a few other tiny things. However even with my lack of tuning no how and overheating the engine more than a couple times, it has been very forgiving still running and I now am on my fifth or sixth gallon of fuel...motor still running 444 degrees highest temp achived. Now with all that said, now that i am a little better at tuning and driving I plan to rebuild my engine over the winter or buy a new one, jury still out on that one. If anyone has any suggestions on what engine to put in im all for it. As for the radio box, what mod are you talking about?

Savage Basher
Old 12-12-2005, 08:00 PM

Free beer for all!!! And all-you-can-eat peanuts !!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2005, 08:06 PM

ORIGINAL: mayhem maniac

Free beer for all!!! And all-you-can-eat peanuts !!!!!!!
Man I like this bar!!!! free beer AND a floor show!!!!
Old 12-12-2005, 08:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why do some of you feel the need to defend the savage? He just says his is a piece of crap, but look how many of you guys got good savages, so he is having trouble try to help him. You guys know the savage has been a great truck for most of you so don't let what he says get you pissed. Maybe he got the lemon, maybe he can't tune or tone as well as you guys id try to help the guy, but if his complaining bothers you don't read the thread and let it bring you down.

As Dr. PHil would say Now>>>>>

more beer please!!
Old 12-12-2005, 08:21 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sure am surprised the mods havent taken this post down LMAO but uhh I run my spur gear tight and Ive had NO problems

.............throw some food my way and here I brought a keg
Old 12-12-2005, 10:06 PM

Here's the 2000000000 gallon Keg, fill 'er up.

*throws quiznos sandwich to laxerman*
Old 12-14-2005, 03:52 PM

Savage basher, it's a clear lexan radio box, it is much easier to remove with it. it cost about 5 bucks
http://www.hobbieguyrc.com/shop/cart...oduct_id=17097
Old 12-14-2005, 05:53 PM

And you can paint it if you want to[X(]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.