Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Are you wheeling your stock Savage 25?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Are you wheeling your stock Savage 25?

well said savagehooner.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:45 AM

what i meant was, from a takeoff, it runs from first, into second and into third, oh i forgot to mention it has a wheelie bar on it. Why is it so unbelieveable? It changes gear alot quicker when its wheeling so i dont know what your all fussing about.
Simply hit the gas, there you go!
Old 02-08-2006, 02:15 PM

i think everyone would cut you some slack if you proved your 3 gear wheelie with a video then it would be more believable also the wheelie bar doesn't help wheelies its just makes them easier to control and stop your truck from flippin
Old 02-08-2006, 03:10 PM

well it adds a little weight to the rear, so it does help. Also it wouldnt go to third gear without the bar because it would just flip, so wrong again.
Once my sister brings the digi cam back from her boyfriends, she might let me borrow it for a vid. Funny how you have to rely on hard evidence just because you cant do something yourself, so you dont believe anyone else can. Sad really.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: kurtf5

Well its a good thing my savage wheelies on command all the way through third gear!
Plus its a stock LE! - the hump pack and new steering servo, i havnt changed anything else, not even the ride height.
A stock 25 wheelies all the way till third gear ? your joking I hope, as my XTM 24/7 pro has teice the power and its first gear wheelies only with 16/49......My stock 25 would pop them up on occasion, but nothing compared to the XTM
Old 02-08-2006, 04:57 PM

well he may wheely in third if his wheely bar acts as a balncer, maybe the truck ends up balanced between the rear tires and the wheely bar....then its possible, but by nbo means does a S-25 truly wheely on comand....a 24/7 pro wheelies on comand not an S-25, which IMO is the lamest big block RC engine made....I would use it as a paperwieght before a truck engine LOL
Old 02-08-2006, 05:07 PM

Had my LE broke in today and have my first tanks after tuning it. It hit the wheelie at once. Temperature was below 0 celsious. I don't know if this makes some difference. Also the engine must got no more than 30 degrees ! I coul touch it bear handed after half an hour of running. Do you think i would come accros a tuning problem when the enviromental temperature rises ????
Old 02-08-2006, 05:10 PM

i have a limited edition, i dont get why its so hrd to believe, abit of tweaking and 20% nitro and its simple as! Sometimes however, the car wont balance on the wheelie bar causing it to sway and bounce left and right until it loses control and falls forward. But once its in a smooth straight line it wheelies until i hit the brakes! Our crappy Ticali internet is having really bad problems and they are doing a full line diagnostic to check what the hell is wrong, if they fix it and i can get hold of a digi cam ill record say a 45 second vid of my savy wheeling and upload onto this forum.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Friday_2006

Had my LE broke in today and have my first tanks after tuning it. It hit the wheelie at once. Temperature was below 0 celsious. I don't know if this makes some difference. Also the engine must got no more than 30 degrees ! I coul touch it bear handed after half an hour of running. Do you think i would come accros a tuning problem when the enviromental temperature rises ????

if your running your engine too cold you can actualy damage it.....be careful, wrap the head with heat tape or tinfoil to get temps up
Old 02-09-2006, 10:41 AM

....or an old sock lol
Old 02-09-2006, 03:53 PM

Dude my savage is still poppin up like a mother. I got 9 1/2 gallons throught the same piston and sleeve from stock and she is still got lots of compresion and wants the front to leave contact with the ground
Old 02-09-2006, 05:45 PM

Yeah I believe it, although I'm definately not running the same motor, the truck in general has held up through 4 seasons of racing, I don't run in the winter but I sure do beat the heck out of her during the spring and summer months.

I have to say it has been along with her counter part 4.6 kit the two best investments I've made yet in the hobby.

(And still investing.......)

Tweedy
Old 02-09-2006, 06:48 PM

well i tried this yesterday, and... no wheelies.

maybes its cause i just switched up to 20%N from 16%. after i run a litre of this good stuff through i will try tuning the LSN again.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:38 PM

well it adds a little weight to the rear, so it does help. Also it wouldnt go to third gear without the bar because it would just flip, so wrong again.

***? Please, oh wise one, explain to me the connection between a wheelie bar, which has been stated is merely to prevent your truck from flipping during a wheelie, and the ability to shift into third gear? Tell me your not so deluded as to believe you need a wheelie bar to A) actually do a wheelie and B) to shift into third gear!
Old 02-11-2006, 04:05 AM

You are dumber than i thought!
You HAVE to have some kind of wheelie bar so you can shift gears, otherwise the car wouldnt wheelie it would just flip up-side-down. Unless your a very experienced driver with the savage and you could control it using the throttle.
Revowrencher you no nothing about RC so stop questioning me, i bet you cant even wheelie yourself. Ive already told you not to post on the threads, you send laughable PM's i just delete anyway. Get out more!
Old 11-07-2009, 12:17 AM

what do you mean by heat cycling my dad and i have tuned it pretty good o thought but i saw some videos and they where doin wheelies and i wasnt is it possible to maybe explain it in more detail weve read the intructions and we got it used and it was broken in with 25 % nitro fuel and thats what we use but i dont know UPGRADES: high performance air filter from integy. super duty integy piggy-back shocks. aluminum slipper clutch with hardend bell housing.complete aluminum rear dif. and RD Logics dual exhaust....i believe thts it thanks for any help in advance...
Old 11-07-2009, 01:10 AM
My Feedback: (31)

Here is my stock .25 savage pulling the wheels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE52SWbi0NI

When i say stock, I mean it had absolutely nothing done to it. The slipper was tight, and It was tuned good.

As for tuning, just get the motor up to temperature by running for a few minutes and then play with the tune until you get it right. Watch some videos on youtube about tuning.

Also, my stock clutch got wore and the truck wouldnt wheelie with the stock engine anymore, and it also made it much harder to tune, so if your clutch is worn some that will hurt it.

Eric
Old 11-07-2009, 03:03 AM
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: ANOREXIC_BEEVER

what do you mean by heat cycling my dad and i have tuned it pretty good o thought but i saw some videos and they where doin wheelies and i wasnt is it possible to maybe explain it in more detail weve read the intructions and we got it used and it was broken in with 25 % nitro fuel and thats what we use but i dont know UPGRADES: high performance air filter from integy. super duty integy piggy-back shocks. aluminum slipper clutch with hardend bell housing. complete aluminum rear dif. and RD Logics dual exhaust....i believe thts it thanks for any help in advance...
Did you look at the date before you argued with a bunch of people who haven't logged in in over a year?
Old 11-07-2009, 06:39 PM

ohhh i guess not hahaha well any way i got it running to day and it was boggy on acceleration and it idles pretty fast idk ill figure it out maybe..
Old 11-07-2009, 11:58 PM

May be a good idea to start your own thread
Old 11-08-2009, 05:03 AM

Hey guys i havnt been logged on here since April. Kinda lost the RC hobby a bit.
But i did do some videos at some point this year. However since i first posted saying my stock savage LE can do wheelies, its not stock now as it has:

Wheelie bar
centre skid plate
upgraded steering servo
upgraded battery comparment from the savage X

And so on, though none of these helps with wheelies, if anything things like a centre skid plate just add weight.

Video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIfNnDx9K-o
Old 11-08-2009, 07:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Buzzbait

My Savage 25 wheelies like crazy. The only real change from stock is an HPI ribbed pipe.
My Savage X 4.1 (.25) wheelies everytime i give it full throttle. It is all stock except for the Integy flywheel and aluminum clutch shoes.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:43 PM

The clutch is key.

Period
Old 11-08-2009, 08:32 PM

I had a X4.1 with a XL clutch and 053 pipe sucker wheelied great [sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 11-10-2009, 08:38 PM

Easiest way to wheelie a bone stock S25 is to install a 3spd trans and put a 52T spur on it. I was running a 3spd/52/15 combo in my old S25 way back when and it would always wheelie.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.