Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 New (Old) Yellow Aircraft F/A-18 ARF >

New (Old) Yellow Aircraft F/A-18 ARF

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New (Old) Yellow Aircraft F/A-18 ARF

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New (Old) Yellow Aircraft F/A-18 ARF

A few questions about these ARFS... Are they made in China?

Can you get the heavier weathering if you want it?

Anyone tried to have the landing gear converted to electric drive?

And anyone ever tried to bend the mains so you get a wider stance when she squats, thus clearing the gear doors? Not sure if the gear would fit in the well and have the rear doors close ok with the
increased bend in the lower leg...

Thx for the help!
Old 09-06-2011, 12:03 PM

bump
Old 09-06-2011, 12:54 PM
My Feedback: (23)

Received 235 Likes on 122 Posts

As for the weathering, your best to PM YellowAircraft to ask that question or call YA to begin with.

I don't see why the gear can't be upgraded to electric.

If your able to bend those struts, you did some helluva damage / strength into bending the things. They are pretty beefy. The reason for the narrow stance is b/c the full scale F-18 gear is pretty complex and bends in 3 different places i believe. their just isn't any effective way to replicate it in model size.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

Invert is correct. Bending them out isn't really feasible. The reason they're narrow is also correct. I'm sure there are people who could make them work with the correct stance, but it's not practical if you want such gear for the price we sell them at.

The weathering on the ARF is pretty much what it is, but you could certainly order it with more. That's an interesting question given the fact that most people find them too weathered.

Anyway, I'm always happy to help or answer a question.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:14 PM

Thx guys, I saw a video of a gentleman overseas that converted his gear to electrics... they retracted a bit TOO slow! But it sure would be nice to get rid of that damn air system ( at least for the gear) I've also seen some smaller electic drives for gear doors, speedbrake, and canopy.. And the weathering... well I don't want as much as the first gen ARFS... or the sparse amount on the new gen.. just in between :-}} Thx againnn for the info... and looking at the gear again they don't look that far off from full scale in the squatted postion.. I'm just worried about the stories of tire hitting gear door...
Old 09-06-2011, 04:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

The tire thing is a small consideration. You can make the gear door mods to prevent the tire hitting the door in an hour.