Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
 Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP! >

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

ORIGINAL: JPEE

ORIGINAL: lookyj

JPEE -

even KTLA's traffic copter was grounded this morning.

I remember CHOPPERS posting the PKZ3052 part number a couple pages back, but I can't seem to find it anywhere local. I talked to ehobbyhouse about getting them, but like you said they are on backorder. Guess, I still have to wait, because I'm not going to pay $3 shipping for a $1.99 part.

thanks for the tip on the eneloopusa batteries. I have to check them out at costco. however, I hate the idea of charging batteries to charge batteries......

Let me explain. You can take those batteries and buy them without the charging station if you want to but let explain further. If you use the 8 AA's that come with the kit like me I put them in my CX2 TX and my DX6i. They can be charged in the TX with a 6vt adapter wall cord. In the set I bought you also get 2 ea. AAA's. Now they give you these sleeves in C and D cell sizes that the AA's go into for other uses. Let say you have flash light, you insert the AA in the C sleeve and slide them in your flashlight, wala. When you read the PDF on these batteries you will see they will hold a charge near full for 6 mo or more. Like I said, before I looked around the house for a 6vt 120vt wall power supply from something else I had I used to charge them on ELELOOP charger. Now I just plug in my TX and charge them over night (outside on the garage floor for safety).
JPee

JPee....how's that T-28 fly? got pics, what brand? Being ex-Navy...the T-28 was an awsome bird. Got to sit in one, never the chance to fly it though.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:08 PM
My Feedback: (2)

hello BOB crowd :

here I am, holding my "replacement" mCX that arrived in the mail today. I immediately "BINDED" (SPL.?) to the DX-7 that you see, and it FLIES perfectly.
Next I will add the 150% adjustments programing just like LOOKYJ said. So far it flies just perfect.
Now,
WOULD SOMEBODY, PATIENTLY EXPLAIN FOR MY BENEFIT, what y'all are writing about """THE BATTERIES SITUATION"""" so that I can follow suit ???

in the other, original mCX that I gave away, the batteries, using the regular charger were yielding about 10 + minutes of flight....
are y'all saying that this needs FIXING ?

I wait impatiently for your answer. Meanwhile I will go program 150% yaw, (rudder) 150% HI throttle , 150% Elevator and AILERON functions....
I hope to be WOWED by the results ....[&o]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us55253.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	1082949  
Old 12-02-2008, 08:23 PM

OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WITH THE 150% increases programmed in, this mCX now ACTS and FLIES almost unlimited,,,,,,,, "FORWARD" it really really GOES.......and all the other as well.

THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO KKEEWWWWWLLLLLLLLLL.......... I will now make a QUICKIE FILM, seeing how the CAMCORDER is fixed,,, for y'all to WITNESS....
this is TOO MUCH .....

i want to go OUTSIDE and see the improvements !!!! do DRAGONFLIES come out at night ???? the air is CALM, but it sure is DARK ...... SHUT ME DOWN, HA ! RICK

well WELL .... the limited SPACE in the house really does not SHOW just how much improved the translation of the heli is through the air......

but the SPEED OF MOTION HAS INCREASED A BUNCH .... watch this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrFTylxIieM

it feels as it can now FIGHT at least a noticeable BREEZE outside. Reports later .... RICK
Old 12-02-2008, 08:52 PM

Rick / Old Guy / Our Bestest Buddy,

That picture of you and the mCX is so cool. I'm gonna have to save that one. You look like you're happier than a pig in sh$t! If your getting 10 minutes on one battery, you are the MAN. Acutally you may be pushing the limits on the battery just a TAD.
You've got a bunch of them so, just change them out and keep a flying.

LMAO Rick, after your changes on the DX7 and the AMAZING CHANGE in performance, just TICKLED me to death. Glad you are on a big roll here, with you new loved one, the MXC helicopter.

Videos, Yikes!, I can hardly wait...

Take care Rick and God love ya, we all do too,

Dave

ORIGINAL: Barrrick

hello BOB crowd :

here I am, holding my "replacement" mCX that arrived in the mail today. I immediately "BINDED" (SPL.?) to the DX-7 that you see, and it FLIES perfectly.
Next I will add the 150% adjustments programing just like LOOKYJ said. So far it flies just perfect.
Now,
WOULD SOMEBODY, PATIENTLY EXPLAIN FOR MY BENEFIT, what y'all are writing about """THE BATTERIES SITUATION"""" so that I can follow suit ???

in the other, original mCX that I gave away, the batteries, using the regular charger were yielding about 10 + minutes of flight....
are y'all saying that this needs FIXING ?

I wait impatiently for your answer. Meanwhile I will go program 150% yaw, (rudder) 150% HI throttle , 150% Elevator and AILERON functions....
I hope to be WOWED by the results ....[&o]
Old 12-02-2008, 09:27 PM

That picture says it all Rick. That smile right there is why we are in this hobby. Glad you are liking it. I may have to pick one up myself. I'm off to watch your video!

Jim

Ok, just watched your video! Great work! It's hard to tell in the video with depth preception but are you flying it between the door opening into another room where the camer is or is it just in one room? Great job, what's your dogs name BTW?
Old 12-02-2008, 09:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Wnuk

That picture says it all Rick. That smile right there is why we are in this hobby. Glad you are liking it. I may have to pick one up myself. I'm off to watch your video!

Jim

Ok, just watched your video! Great work! It's hard to tell in the video with depth preception but are you flying it between the door opening into another room where the camer is or is it just in one room? Great job, what's your dogs name BTW?

LMAO...that was a nice flight. My sons Lama v4 flies about as well, it's a nice indoor heil for sure.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:48 PM

THE DEPTH OF FIELD in this film is deceiving. The cam. is on a table in the front area of the living room, the music room, then there is an opening between the two areas, the heli flies
back and forth between.....
I wanted to SHOW the increased responsiveness of the mCX but couldn't QUITE capture it.
My Cocker's name is BEAU ...... the gray cat you see, I rescued this year : his name is AMNI and he is a MAINE COON.
Come to find out the cleaning lady left the other CAT locked up in a bedroom and forgot about him. He tries every chance he gets, to follow BEAU in his "outings" and I am afraid that
one day he gets lost. (he's been de-clawed and is not fit to live outside)
and we are the SUM TOTAL of the folk that live in this house.
One Ole phartt, two FELINES and BEAU, plus about 7 helis.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:54 PM

Hey guys, I jsut crashed my new CP Pro and I snapped the tail boom. I went to take the old one off but it seems like it is glued in. Is there some trick to taking it out? Oh, and sorry if this has been asked before, but the search was not even giving me any results for the word boom at all.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:55 PM

Rick ~

That was absolutely SUPERB...!...[8D][8D][8D] I'am so glad ya finally ditched that stock TX... So much better huh ?! Wait until ya take it outside. It will perform better, and is still vulnerable to any light breezes, but it will still give ya a fighting chance now at least... I've found even if a small little breeze does push through, that its best to just keep the MCX moving and it will stay in the air better than if sitting in a hover... If I didn't have the throws programmed in my DX-7 for my MCX, there was a few times I wouldn't have been able to get her back from those tiny breezes.

Congrats again, and also.... I love your Raptor next to your other heli's a few posts back.... That thing is huge !...

Cheers,

~ Jeff
Old 12-02-2008, 10:31 PM

Rick,

DOUBLE YIKES! That was one awesome video of the MCX helicopter. I can see that the DX7 makes a world of difference over the Stock Radio... We can all tell you are super happy with it, I know I love mine too. It's kinda like a Simulator in real life.

I'd recommend one to anyone having orientation difficulties.

Thanks for a great video. later, you old phart,

Dave
Old 12-02-2008, 10:33 PM

ORIGINAL: associatedrules

Hey guys, I jsut crashed my new CP Pro and I snapped the tail boom. I went to take the old one off but it seems like it is glued in. Is there some trick to taking it out? Oh, and sorry if this has been asked before, but the search was not even giving me any results for the word boom at all.
LOL...yeah, it's in here but it would take you 10years to find it. Yes...it's glued in with a small amount of superglue (if I remember right). There's a couple ways to do it. Try running some fingernail polish remover in there, let it sit for a spell, then gently twist it to see if you can free it up. ANother way is to cut it off where it goes into the frame, pick it apart with a sharp object...it's carbon fiber, shreads easily. Then ream or clean out the hole with a Jewlers round file. No matter how you cut it....it's a lot of work, but it's gotta be done. Good luck
Old 12-02-2008, 10:35 PM

Assoc, if you don't get an answer soon, ask again. someone will answer.

Rick, Your vid is downloading.

I am having to relearn the MCX since my adjustment.

Here's a pic of the powerplant for the P-40 hanging in the living room. 80w at 1/4 throttle and 171 wide open.

Tim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33190.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	1083033  
Old 12-02-2008, 10:46 PM

Associatedrules,

Crashcrash / Vic , is right, it's glued in. Another thing to try is a heat gun, but ya have to be careful not to melt the frame. Also, you can use a drill bit, to drill out the old boom. It's been a couple years ago, and I forget the size of the drill bit. But, it's quick and easy.

Then when installing the new boom, don't forget to CA it in place. Take your time and be patient with it.

Dave

ORIGINAL: crashcrash

LOL...yeah, it's in here but it would take you 10years to find it. Yes...it's glued in with a small amount of superglue (if I remember right). There's a couple ways to do it. Try running some fingernail polish remover in there, let it sit for a spell, then gently twist it to see if you can free it up. ANother way is to cut it off where it goes into the frame, pick it apart with a sharp object...it's carbon fiber, shreads easily. Then ream or clean out the hole with a Jewlers round file. No matter how you cut it....it's a lot of work, but it's gotta be done. Good luck
Old 12-02-2008, 10:50 PM

Jeff-Michael,

Without looking, close your eyes....What's my signature, and what does it mean.... No peaking Mister.
You missed JPEE's. Yes, I'm the Snooper in Charge. LMFAO!
You'll have to scroll down to see, it.

Later,
Dave

Old 12-02-2008, 10:51 PM

Hey Crash, thanks alot for the advise. I was really hoping there would be an easy way, but oh well. Like you said it has to be done, and I am really enjoying trying to fly these helicopters! It is a new challenge for me that I just got into a couple of months ago. I got bit by the helicopter bug with a little Radio Shack toy, and instantly went out and got a CX2, a MCX, the FS One flight sim and the CP Pro. I thought I was starting to get the hovering down and tried to go nose in and it just didn't work. These forums are really helping alot too. So thanks all for making these forums so great.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:58 PM

Its definately a pain in yer hind that's for sure. Some have even drilled the opening up after getting as much as they can from the remainder of the boom that was still in there. My thing that I did, was just buy a whole new airframe and then put your new boom in your way... I then used instead of CA, epoxy that at least later I could unbreak if I ever wanted. The CA is just asking for trouble later, and is just overkill. The epoxy (2 part) holds it just fine, and even in your harder crashes the epoxy will break free and help reduce the risk of breaking your boom also. It won't allow your boom to come undone, but it will just turn it in an angle... Just turn it back, and fly... I've broke 1 boom on my CPP and I have a few hundred flights on it. I have it now actually to where the epoxy holds the boom in place just perfect, but when the little rear stabilizer stick thingy on the back by the tail rotor catches anything to hard, it will actually turn the boom a tad and it keeps that from breaking also. I've only broke one of those in its lifetime also. Any stress to it, it just will move instead of break... I then just bend the boom back into place really quick and fly.. The boom will hold in its place just killer and never has posed a problem flying...

If worse comes to worse, ya can always just grab the BFH and take care of the problem also if ya get discouraged trying the other methods of removing the boom...

Good luck, and happy flyin !...

~ Jeff
Old 12-02-2008, 11:09 PM

Wow, you people are fast moving compared to the car forums.
J-Micheal- I may try that epoxy idea out, and thanks for the input.
Choppersrule- Also thanks, and I started to try heating it but thought about the frame being plastic. So I got scared of melting it. It looks like I will try either drilling it out, or just buying a new frame.
Thanks again,
Don
Old 12-02-2008, 11:27 PM

Don,

You've hit a magic thread. A bunch of great guys here on this thread, and all extemely knowledgable, and willing to help what your problems may be. We are the BOB's,,, Band of Brothers.

Try what we have suggested and let us know your out come. Any more help, just post 'em.

Dave

Wow, you people are fast moving compared to the car forums.
J-Micheal- I may try that epoxy idea out, and thanks for the input.
Choppersrule- Also thanks, and I started to try heating it but thought about the frame being plastic. So I got scared of melting it. It looks like I will try either drilling it out, or just buying a new frame.
Thanks again,
Don
Old 12-02-2008, 11:43 PM

Holy smokes this thread is on fire! I swear I check it just 2 hrs ago[X(]

On the tail boom, just drill it out starting with smaller bits one size at a time until you match the size. Reglue the new boom with medium or thick CA and just a dab. More than likely you'll want to replace it again so don't go over board on the glue I bought a hollow carbon shaft the same thickness as the boom and twice the length for half the price @ my LHS. I cut it with a saw and got two pieces.

Rick, Great video[8D] Beau"tiful" looked like he could care less about the heli and so did Amni.... So the heli swatting feline was in the bathroom? Great flying[8D]

God Bless Y'all,

Jay
Old 12-03-2008, 06:18 PM
My Feedback: (-1)

Hey guys my wife wouldn't let me get a mcx says it was to much money so i talked her into a walkera 5g6-1 for 66 bucks from xheli[:@]hope i get it,the tracking says its on it's way,read some reviews and some good and some bad just want to fly this winter,jeff pm me so i can repay you for the parts you got for me, i really would like to pay you back. mike
Old 12-03-2008, 06:44 PM

Hi Fellas,

Nothing to report, everything is fine and dandy..... So far.

Thought I'd share this video I stumbled / tripped on. RC Jump Jet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLuqq...eature=related

Dave
Old 12-03-2008, 06:46 PM

I just did my first backflip with the Trex 450 ! I'll download a video later tonight... I almost crapped myself ! I was even missing 2 teeth on the belt, but didn't want to put my new one on, as I thought I was going to crash but didn't ! LMAO.... Whew... What a rush... Its a short video, as I didn't want to take the chance over the terrain with a injured belt... Now I'll put the new one on and tone down my set-up a tad... The headspeed was zipping with that 15t I run and a 100% flat curve across in idle up...LOL...

~ Jeff
Old 12-03-2008, 06:55 PM

Mickey,

Congrats on your purchase. Excellent price on the Walkera 5G6 for sure on that. You'll love it, I watched a few videos and it looks as stable as the mCX.

You'll probably be peaking out the window looking for the delivery truck every hour on the hour.

Here's a video on the 5G6. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY22D...eature=related
Old 12-03-2008, 07:02 PM

WTG Jeff! I'll bet you are on cloud 9 right now. Looking forward to the video!

Jim
Old 12-03-2008, 07:10 PM

Hey Chopper,,

Do you want me to or....... do you want to send a box of senior DEPENDS up to Jeff after him almost crapping his pants after flipping his 450!

JPee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.