Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
 are these blades any good for cp pro? >

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

are these blades any good for cp pro?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Nick,

That sounds cool that you are doing funnels the other direction.

Too bad you didn't get video of the CPP crash. Sometimes, I wish I had videos of my crashes, so I could study what went wrong, and then be able to work on it.

I should look over all the helis for maintenance tomorrow during the storm. I was reading about a guy that lost his B400 tail grip and blade in mid flight. I have heard of this before too. I should take my blades off and check and loctite the tail blade grip screws. The guy was really upset that he couldn't find the tail blade, but at the speed that they spin, it could have gone anywhere.

Hope your weekend isn't too busy with work, and school work.

I will be bored tomorrow, stuck inside. I should fly the XRB and the CX2, I actually need to fix the inner shaft on the CX2 now that I think about it....so I'll do that too.

Glenn
Old 09-05-2008, 11:24 PM

Glenn,

My camera did get the sound the helicopter made during the crash.

Before the first flight of the day I always make sure every screw is tight. Then I make sure all the links are secured and not ready to fall off. Then I make sure all the wire connections are secured and the gyro is secured. So far I have never had a mechanical failure leading to a crash excpet the one today with the CPP. But I had no way of knowing that would happen.

I have been putting off some homework for awhile, so I will be busy with that tomorrow. And I hope I can get some flights in too.

That is the good thing about Coaxials is that you can fly them inside.

Nick
Old 09-05-2008, 11:35 PM

Wow guys, I took my flybar weights off this evening, and was surprised there was no wind so I took the Trex up off the deck here for a quick hover and small flight and what a big difference ! I didn't notice any cyclic changes as Nick also noted when he took his off ages ago, but the power seemed to increase, along with the heli flying better it so seems...Kinda early to tell all the way, as I only had it airborne for about 5 minutes, but I'am literally excited... In the morning, if weather permits I'll see how it goes but I really think my best flight is coming yet. I didn't get nervous flying it, and just stayed calm and expected a crash but did really good... I can't wait for the morning. I've been pre-flighting it, and tinkering with it for the last few hours.

Glenn, hopefully those storms will pass for you and Heli so you guys can get some flying in. Sorry it has to be the weekend, that they decided to come inland and cause havoc for you two...[:@]

Nick, I wish you would have told me about those weights along time ago...Lol.. But you didn't know, and your SE-V2 doesn't come stock with em' like the SA does... So do you fly the CPP with the weights on ? Or do you Glenn ? I'am thinking you both don't but just curious... If I wasn't distracted with the Trex right now, I'd be getting back into the CPP and taking the advice I give to others and apply it to myself ! I do like the simplicity of the CPP as Nick has noted and even for learning compared to the Trex, and much quicker to put back together in the event of a mishap or crash... Set-up is the key, and both mine are still stock so I think here shortly that may change.... With the direction of you two knowing your stuff, I feel I may get the CPP flying better than it was. I also pay close attention to Heli-Style's observations on stuff that he's been doing with his lately also, so that is helping among that...

I hope everyone has a great weekend... Oh...And Glenn, I have tried that on the G4 landing on the picnic table...Lol.. Not the best at it though...! Throw in a 4-cell on that Heli-Max on the G4, and that thing will do anything..Flips, rolls, funnels, all with ease...Its quite fun. It is one of my favorite on there just for the fact that it seems more realistic like the CPP and more challenging...

Take care guys,

~ Jeff
Old 09-05-2008, 11:48 PM

Jeff,

Good to hear you had a successful flight without flybar weights.

Nope I took the weights off the CPP too.

Nick
Old 09-06-2008, 06:26 AM
My Feedback: (2)

yeah j-michael, me which started this thread which deftones123 used to be my old name, glenn, nick and I have been tickering with the cp pro for awhile now, mostly glenn and nick, and me having tons of crashes lol I can tell you the cp pro with the direct drive motor works well rather then the stock. Glenn ct is getting hammered with rain right now, I'm at work now but I had a hard time getting to work the rain was coming down so hard, looks like I won't be flying the cp pro this weekend. Walkera indoors today, hows it where you are?
Old 09-06-2008, 07:26 AM

j-micheal I saw your post about the honey bee king 2 barebones kit for 54 dollars and with shipping its only $64 to your door, I think im going to order one thats crazy cheap. Also the vapor you are flying whats it look like?
Old 09-06-2008, 09:49 AM

Heli,

Yeah, you must have had a local thunderstorm there in CT, because Hanna is still in southern VA right now at 10:45 AM. So, the best is still to come for me, and later on tonight and tomorrow for you...

Right now, it's a steady, medium to hard rain, but not a whole lot of wind yet. They say for me to expect another 5-6 hours of this, and it's going further west than they thought, so more flooding is expected than they thought too.

I just hope the power doesn't go out, that's no fun at all! LOL

I'll keep you informed as it goes through as to how bad it is/was.

Hope you don't get hit too hard...but so far here, nothing too spectacular.

I need to do some heli maintenance, and some sim practice in the meantime.

Glenn
Old 09-06-2008, 10:12 AM

Glenn and Helistyle,

I hope Hanna passes by soon, so you guys can go outside and fly.

I have to get back to the homework now.

Nick
Old 09-06-2008, 10:23 AM

Heli ~

Click on my profile, and then click 'Gallery'...You'll see in my pics the Vapors...There pretty fun...! Gotta make this short, I have to run to the LHS for Rex parts....Don't ask...Lol.. Nothing major, 2 stripped servos/flybar/spindle/ and to be safe a main gear... Other than that not to bad. I had that thing almost pegged at full throttle this morning (about 70%) and my best flight yet...The sun blinded me and the ship went down in idle 3.... It was worth every penny, and I'll do it again, tommorow A.M. if the LHS has parts...(Thank goodness its Align huh?Parts availability). I'll post a vid later...Gotta run, if I can pull away from RCU...Lol..

Take care guys,

~ Jeff
Old 09-06-2008, 10:58 AM

Hey guys,

Jeff, wow, sorry to hear about the "incident", hope the LHS has everything to get her back up in the air for tomorrow! That's great that you are getting right back up on the horse again after a crash...a true addict!

Hanna update; Winds picking up, rain hitting the side of the house, trees limbs swaying pretty good, one short power outage so far, and heavy rain...and it's not even here yet! Howling noises from the wind.

LOL, I had just gotten done sending an email when the power went out...so if you guys don't hear from me for a while, you'll know what happened...otherwise, since I'm pretty bored, I'll keep updating...LOL

Glenn
Old 09-06-2008, 11:16 AM

im still at work right now, rain stopped and such. It looks like its going to storm out again though skies are dark, and its very humid.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:17 AM

ORIGINAL: HeliStyle

j-micheal I saw your post about the honey bee king 2 barebones kit for 54 dollars and with shipping its only $64 to your door, I think im going to order one thats crazy cheap. Also the vapor you are flying whats it look like?
Heli ~

Haven't left yet, LHS opens in 45 min.... But here's one video of the Vapor of mine, the thing is binded to my DX-7, and the craft weighs 12 grams. About the same as two nickels, and flies better in a mild wind than the CX2 can....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UWGfee03rw

Take care,

~ Jeff
Old 09-06-2008, 11:26 AM

Jeff,

I have also accidently flown in front of the sun and couldn't see my helicopter. Luckily I got it down fast enough without crashing.

Glenn,

Hope your day isn't too boring today.

Nick
Old 09-06-2008, 11:42 AM

thanks for the video j-michael, I can't view it now though, only because youtube is restricted at my work
Old 09-06-2008, 01:23 PM

Hey Guys,

Must be the calm before the storm, the wind is very calm right now. Not raining much, either.

Well, I got the CX2 out, and went to replace the inner shaft, which I thought was bent, but it wasn't. The main source of the vibration was the blades, the were severely out of balance.

I ended up trying a bunch of sets of blades (I have about 12 sets..LOL) and found the best matching ones, and then balanced them with clear tape from there.

The vibration is gone, and it's flying pretty well. Not as stable as I'd like, not a rock steady hover, but it's flying OK. I think I am spoiled by the XRB, which flies very sweetly, very smooth and vibration free.

Anyways, still waiting for the main part of Hanna to come through.

Hope you get your parts you need Jeff and hope you get caught up on the homework Nick, and get ready, Heli for Hanna...

Glenn
Old 09-06-2008, 01:38 PM

Glenn,

Good to hear your CX2 is flyable now.

Yeah I finished my homework around 11, so I just have been taking it easy so far. I was going to go out and fly, but it started to sprinkle so I decided not to take a chance and fly if it started to rain.

Nick
Old 09-06-2008, 03:03 PM

Nick,

Well, it looks like Hanna was pretty much a non=event here, really. It's still raining, and pretty windy, but no power outage, and it looks like most of it went a bit west of me.

I hope Heli makes out as well.

But the weather forecast is for 10-15 MPH winds tomorrow, so maybe it'll just be a B400 kinda day, and I'll have to pick up on the Gaui project later on in the week.

Hope you can get a bit of flying in today now that the homework is done.

I should go up to my closing down LHS and see if I can get any really good deals.

Glenn
Old 09-06-2008, 03:33 PM

Glenn,

Good to hear Hanna isn't that bad.

I don't have time to fly since I have to go to work soon.

But I was searching through the RCGroups forum and I found Align is going to make a T-Rex 250! I found my next helicopter. LOL I have been wanting a 300 sized helicopter that was belt driven for something different, but I didn't want to stray from the E-Flite and Align brands because parts are available almost anywhere and I like the support. So this has got me really excited. The people on RCGroups said Align would be testing the prototype in September and maybe be ready to sell it by Christmas. But if they are anything like E-Flite it will probably be next year by the time it will be on the market.

Nick
Old 09-06-2008, 03:55 PM

No more flybar weights guys....!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r10D8KmJxUw

Hope everyone is doing o.k. and not getting blown away from wind/rain (Glenn/Heli)

Take care guys,

~ Jeff
Old 09-06-2008, 04:18 PM

Nick,

Yeah, I did hear something to that effect, but hadn't heard that it was official...yup, that little guy has your name on it for sure!!

Being as it's from Align, it should be a very good little heli, it will be interesting to see how it stacks up against the Gaui...

And yeah, better not get your hopes up if it's anything like Eflite!! LOL You'll be waiting until NEXT Christmas...

I'll be curious to see how it looks, did you get to see any pics of prototypes or anything?

Hope work isn't too bad for you, and that everyone shows up that is supposed to.

The wind here is reading 27 MPH, and 38 MPH gusts. But the storm was not nearly as bad as it could have been here.

But, the horse track is probably flooded, as it is in a very low lying area that is always the first to flood.

Glenn
Old 09-06-2008, 04:28 PM

Jeff,

Nice flying until the mishap, I have also been blinded by the sun midflight before, and it's not a good thing...not too much you can do in that situation, except hope that you can regain control after your sight comes back.

Hope the rebuild is going well, did the LHS have all the parts you needed?

I'm fine here in Maryland, Hanna missed me for the most part, they got hit further to the west, so I'm all good here, the wind is still kicking pretty good, but the rain is gone. Too windy at this point to have any hope of flying today, 28 MPH, with 37 MPH gusts. Maybe tomorrow.

Now it's Heli's turn, hope all goes well for him too.

Glenn
Old 09-06-2008, 08:42 PM

well im getting hanna right now, there is a bunch of tornando warnings and such in ct, im getting very windy conditions and some thunderstorms, im going to make this quick though and get offline. On another note I believe I do have bad luck, I might have to run my wife to the emergency room tonight in the middle of all this, she might have to have her appendix removed, I think she has appendicitis, shes got a bad fever and all the symptoms of it, no flying in tonight and prob none tommorrw, wish me luck with everything. Hope all is well with everyone
Old 09-06-2008, 08:47 PM

o and also, do you guys have any advice on doing circles with a collective pitch heli (left and right hand turns), I can't seem to get it down, im not even sure if im doing it right with the sticks, like what should I be applying stick wise?
Old 09-06-2008, 08:53 PM

Glenn ~

Thanks for the compliment... My first actual 'flying'...Lol.. I have three servos and they are the digital JR DS 285's, but the rear elevator is the metal gear version. The other two are not and stripped out. No big deal, other than my LHS had only one ! So I picked up three HS-65 mg's. I also bent the main shaft, spindle, flybar and stripped 7 teeth on the main gear. I got all the parts, now the install is next... I like working on them so it will be fun. I even just picked up some extra parts for the next crash.

Hope you and Heli are making out o.k. in those storms... Looks as if me and Nick get the heat and you guys get the other crazy stuff ! 106 today.... Being from Washington State, and also having the Air conditioning ripped out in the Acura makes it quite interesting for me. California gets hot ! I was to tired to do an overhaul on the Rex earlier, so I'am starting now... I like to have a fresh clean mind when working on them. I'am anal like Nick about set-up, and making sure everything is fit for duty, as I find myself flying close to myself sometimes...

Nick ~

I sooooooo want that Trex 250 ! My dream machines would consist of this Rex 250/ Rex 450/ Rex 500/ Rex 600/ Rex 700...Lol... Hey, we can dream can't we ?!

Have a good one gentlemen,

~ Jeff

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64207.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	1027702   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90053.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	1027703   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77995.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	1027704   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu64844.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	1027705   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82517.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	1027706  
Old 09-06-2008, 08:57 PM

ORIGINAL: HeliStyle

well im getting hanna right now, there is a bunch of tornando warnings and such in ct, im getting very windy conditions and some thunderstorms, im going to make this quick though and get offline. On another note I believe I do have bad luck, I might have to run my wife to the emergency room tonight in the middle of all this, she might have to have her appendix removed, I think she has appendicitis, shes got a bad fever and all the symptoms of it, no flying in tonight and prob none tommorrw, wish me luck with everything. Hope all is well with everyone

My prayers are for you Heli......... Advice on flying ? Ya better ask the other two characters on here, as I'am not really qualified yet.... Like you, I'am still in a learning curve...Lol..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.