Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

the OFFICIAL R-40 thread !

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: the OFFICIAL R-40 thread !

Sounds good. I need to go to BK hobbies for a pipe since this LHS here and tony's doesn't have much to choose from. The turbo pipe tony has I'm not sure if it's legal. Maybe I can order a nice one online or something. Just need engine, pipe, and setup gauges- everything else I have. Right now my cars are sitting in the basement...not collecting dust though since they are covered, but when the heatwave is over I'll bust em out.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:05 PM

Go with an rd logics turbo II legal pipe, and if you want a good inexpensive set-up station get a PMB one. There is a race at prospeed this weekend that i'll be going to, are you up for it or is that too far out of your direction?
Old 08-03-2006, 10:10 PM
My Feedback: (1)

The skyline vr12 plus is a really good pipe which costs i think lower than the turbo II. My local track wants to have an all nitro trophy event end of sept early oct. Would u guys be interested in coming down for it?
Old 08-04-2006, 10:02 AM

Are you talking about jackson rc or a different track?
Old 08-04-2006, 02:09 PM

Naw I gotta work on Sunday. Sucks, but ah well.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:08 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Yeah jackson. www.jacksonrcracing.com
Old 08-08-2006, 09:34 AM

I'm Going out to Floyed today, probably will take some pics, everyones welcome i'll be thee for the whole day.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:48 PM

Hey Sab looks like you lucked out. Racing is coming back to Bridgeport[X(][:-]. My boss says there trying to have the first race the sunday after next, which I think is Aug 20. BARCAR IS BACK!!!!!! hope you save money on gas. You know I'll be there!
Old 08-13-2006, 04:54 PM

ORIGINAL: D-Nicest

Go with a regular tz, the powerband is better all around. Trust me.
Is the torque curve more linear with the normal .12TZ? As far as the speed tuned TZ, I don't case much if the torque curve is peaky so long as the low ends of the curve are still higher than the stock TZ. I'm trying to find dyno curves of the speed tuned TZ as compared with the stock TZ (I want both charts to be done by the same tester under the same conditions). If I like what I see, I'll get the speed tuned TZ. If anyone can post the URL (if there is one) to a site that tests the TZ and speed tuned TZ under the exact same conditions, please post it here. thnx.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:07 PM

I do have some Sirio Evo 3 owners and feedback from guys who consistently race them. They haven't complain or know of any issues with the conrod and or piston/sleeve. From what I DO know the OS doesn't last as long as other engines...but is reliable. I'll probably just get the Sirio since it's only $40 more than the OS and is available locally. As for my R40, I'm not sure if I'd sell this and bag the 05 Hara or just run with what I have. I got a chance to drive the 05 Hara and I must say there's a big difference. Unfortunately my LHS don't sell the upper deck and chasssis not to mention tower doesn't have all the 05 Hara parts. Funny how the 05 is the US version and not all places carry all parts. I may just end up with a Mugen or Kyosho to save myself the hassle.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:46 PM

If Anything the Sirios don't last as long as the O.S.'s They are sick motors, because of how they are made. Trust me Sab. The O.S. is better and faster than a stock sirio 12. Of coarse those people are going to tell you that they don't have problems because thats what they run, the opinion is almost automatically baised. When Novarossi's get into there high rpms, they slowly lower them so that they don't over rev. Sirio's just keep on going meaning that they can over rev easier. But right now if you want to get a sirio, you should get an sti, which is there factory modified version. But the evo 3 still have problems. This is their new line of engines but why isn't the kyosho team running them? Because there are still changes that need to be made. Team Orion makes the hara parts for the R40. You can't get them from Hpi. Also the sirio should not cost more than 200 dollars, and from what i know the TZ is over 200, make sure they're not getting away with murder. [:-][] If they have the bridgeport race this weekend are u going?
Old 08-14-2006, 03:39 PM

There's a race at BPT this weekend as in this coming Saturday? As far as I know the only race they had was Sept 10th Regionals. If I get all my stuff set I'd sure love to come, but the only thing that is ready is my 8th onroad. The R40 still needs new engine, setup gauges and more tires. Weird how Orion makes the R40 parts and not HPI. Ah well.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:32 PM

If there is a race this weekend it would be on sunday.[:-] My boss tells me thats the plan, but before I finalize the word to you i want to make sure that everything is going smoothly for BARCAR.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:26 PM

I heard from Barcar that they are trying to get a Race organized before the Regionals. With that being said, they still have paperwork to sign before they are allowed to race there. The guy who owns the LHS near the track is the founder and it is indeed his and the City's track. If there is gonna be a race then it's 8th onroad only for me since I have everything except more tires and few misc parts. That can be easily purchased this week.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:28 AM

No racing in brideport, i think that they were asking for rediculous insurance, and to supply stuff like their own security and the list goes on. Just gives you more time to get stuff for your 1/10th scale. I will be racing at Floyed ofcoarse and Prospeed.[:-]
Old 08-22-2006, 07:40 PM

Hehe, yeah they won't supply em with security. Prospeed is now the new spot as before it was slow. Now after I talked with Jamie a while back things definately kicked up a few notches - really happy for him. I won't make Sept 2nd Floyd event with TC, but probably 8th. My R40 is still mostly stock, but that's fine - I'll race with just that then. Parts are cheap anyway. It'd cost me about $500 to get ready though...for an engine, engine parts, servo, pipe (spare one too), setup gauges, and some tires. The 8th I have everything and I'll be str8. If only I can get atleast the R spec piston sleeve for my .12TR I'd be set.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:03 PM

sAB WHAT PARTS ARE YOU LOKING FOR FOR THE r40, IM SELLING SOME OF MINE AND i THINK I GOT STUFF YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN! [:-][X(]
Old 08-23-2006, 07:50 AM

Are you selling the whole car with upgrades? The only thing my R40 has right now is just the LW 2speed and shafts. Everything else is stock. Yeah another guy who was saying how great the Sirio is just broke his conrod so yeah that's definately out for me. Are you using the stock LW 2speed gear for Floyd track or shorter pinions? I may try some experimenting myself, but that's if I get a chance. My work schedule is now during the day so I get out after 6...7 latest. I'll have some two days off this week...Sundays off mainly and atleast one day off in the week. I hope to get down to Floyd for a practice sometime.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:07 PM

Dued tell me what day you're going out to floyed, and do you have this sunday off. The car is stolen from what I know but I'm selling the spare parts that I have for it, all are brand new. I've got a brand spankin new spare Light Weight Chassis which you'll get for a steal, arms, belts, gears, bulkheads, Servosaver parts, Diffs, 6 bevel gear conversions, bumpers, knuckles, clutch parts, pulleys, basically anytthing you would break in a race, let me know if your intrested, these are all of the parts a brought with me to my races, and there is a lot of stuff, including the very hard to find light weight 2 speed maintenence kit, and a light weight hub for the shoes, since april I've been racing the RRR but for floyed go with the stock ratio for the light weight gears. and get a msr hard clutch spring for the snap needed for the high grip track. If your going out to floyed let me know so I can help you with the setup. [:-][&o][>:]
Old 08-23-2006, 08:04 PM

Awesome. Sirio is a def no for me...another guy busted his. Sucks. Ah well. Email me [email protected] with a list of the parts and price. I do have off this Sunday, but that's if I actually get to leave the house and do something with my spaare time other than work, work, work, and more work. Others have said yes the mtx3/4 centax is a lot better, but I'll try just a hard spring and mugen grey shoe. The CD3 pro centax was even greater setup being that there was more adjustment than the stock R40 spring.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:49 PM

This sunday there is a race at floyed bennit spread the word, if you come i'll have all my parts on me. Try your best to get out their man.[][:-]
Old 08-24-2006, 08:29 PM

Oh really? Dam..dont have my gauges for sedan though. Not sure if ill make it but will see.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:09 PM

Dude f*** the gauges I let you use mine. There really not even that neceary. Just get out ther man.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:16 PM

Hehe true....reminds me of when I raced my R40 with out any gauges hehe. Just need that engine pipe which I'm waiting on, few more tires and I'll be good. I do have a bill to pay though and it's like 30% interest...gotta watch that one.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:36 PM

[:@][:'(] Well whatever happens i hop you can make, i want to see what that TR can do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.