Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
 Official Jammin X1CRT Thread >

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Jammin X1CRT Thread

Hey thanks I thought I was goin stupid or something....Thanks again.....
Old 02-12-2006, 09:16 PM

i stripped the threads on my servo saver and it came apart.
how do i get another one so i can finish building my jammin?
thx Dirby.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:25 PM

hey, does anyone here own the hellfire or lighting that can compare it to the jammin like
pro and cons or something. my friend has the hellfire and its great but i want to look around before i spend $600 on something that wont last. i do more backyard bashing than racing
thanks
Old 02-14-2006, 03:18 PM

Your looking at all race bread trucks based on buggies except the Hellfire. The hellfire is loosely based on a buggy and they sit lower to the ground. You can bash with all of them but you have to keep in mind that the suspension arms are long and low and if you hit a root or rock or even a baseball hidden in the grass you could be facing more damage than you may get than with lets say a savage. You can but larger diameter tires on any of them to help a little but you would have to gear down to handle them. You may want to wait for the Savage X. It's going to be a very raceable basher truck that should handle batter than a stock Savage and you will have at least two speeds to deal with large tires. With a truggy, you will also have to deal with high grass and that could over heat your engine. If you have a track near by, you should give racing a try. Grab a CRT ready to run and you do light bashing and heavy racing. Good luck on your choice. I like all three trucks and I own an LSP and a CRT. I have only driven the Hellfire for two three tanks and it did not handle up to my expectations but I'm sure I could get to handle the way I would want since it has tons of adjustability. Out of the box, The Jammin just handles better, on the track and in the back yard and I am talking about the ready to run versions of these trucks. Everybodies driving styles are different and people can get loyal to the brand they own. I have both and the CRT is better in My opinion.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:25 AM

A couple new bodies for the CRT!

Old 02-15-2006, 11:08 AM

they look good i am trying to to get a body painted just like the one in xtreme rc cars on the front of the december issue with the crt on front
Old 02-15-2006, 11:39 AM

I know I can do the flames but shading the checkered flag would be experimental for me. What kind of body? I think I'm going to try it and if it turns out I'll sell it to ya, or I'm certain I could sell it locally. I would only charge twenty bucks for the paint and of course the body.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:51 PM
My Feedback: (1)

I broke my rear hub carrier yesterday. I was doing a little test running in my back alley, and power slid into a phone pole. Stupid, I know. Hit pretty hard, and the plastic exploded. I was told that the aluminum kyosho rear hub carriers will work. Does anybody know the part number and good place to order it. This was my first running with the crt. Very inpressive so far, but I would have been more impressed if the telephone pole would have broke instead.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:26 PM

ORIGINAL: edge540ts

I broke my rear hub carrier yesterday. I was doing a little test running in my back alley, and power slid into a phone pole. Stupid, I know. Hit pretty hard, and the plastic exploded. I was told that the aluminum kyosho rear hub carriers will work. Does anybody know the part number and good place to order it. This was my first running with the crt. Very inpressive so far, but I would have been more impressed if the telephone pole would have broke instead.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/2051

These are the .5 degree ones, they will add 1/5 degree of toe in to your truck. The 0 degree are out of stock but you look on the package and direct with racers edge.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:14 PM

crazysavage,
I spoke to you a few times at the store. I recently purchased a starter box, and we checked to see if the wheel was true. Box works great by the way. Thanks for all the help and advice. Finally got mine together and running. Using sportwerks .26, racers edge foams, cf tires, 7-10-1 oils in diffs for starting set-up. Yesterday, I was just getting a feel for everything, and making sure everything was working okay before I get to a track. I called the shop and was told that track will not be open till spring. I was also told that a track is being built in Carnegie. Do you have any details on it. I am looking for a track to run my truck on those days, like today, when it reaches 60 deg. outside. All the tracks seem to be closed for the winter.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:40 PM

Yeah, that track is between Carnegie and Rennerdale. It's more of a private track from what I deducted from the guys who built it. It's kinda nestled in the woods with alot of elevation changes and It should drain better than ours. Ours will open as soon as us vols. can get to work on it. We will be adding about 100 ft to it as soon as we can. Were itching to run sooooo bad that we are going up to Erie Fri to run at an indoor nitro track. Even Browns race track, which drains pretty well, is mud pit right now.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:52 PM

did you ever run at the bmx track in south park. I drove by about 2 weeks ago and the road was closed. I know its not a real track but it would be better than my alley (no telephone poles).
Old 02-15-2006, 04:32 PM

You can sneek back there every once in awhile but I got a written warning so I started my own track. Man you got the itch real bad dont you. Throw on some street tires and we can run with the ramps up at the store when it's warm enough.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:29 PM
My Feedback: (7)

Well... I am selling my planes and taken the leap into Off Road. Here are a few pictures of the CRT I just put together. I still need a few parts from Ofna for the steering and a Z-brace but it is complete otherwise.

This is my first paint job on this scale. I used the "hot can" method one of you guys recomended and it worked great! I couldn't believe the quality of spray pattern and coverage from a spay can! It works almost as well as the professional level guns I use at work! I should have used Gerber Mask for the masking though... I got a few defects from the blue painters tape not conforming to the compound curves.

This thread was a GREAT help with this project! I can't wait to dive it! Thanks guys!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26209.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	408901   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uq49646.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	408902   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw57225.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	408903  
Old 02-15-2006, 08:48 PM

Dont worry about your body dude your setup is sweeeeet! By the time you get dialed and nailed to the track you will be into your next body anyway. You will get many chances to perfect it. My only suggestion is to ditch the reddish orange swiper things on the shocks and put standard shock boots on at least the rear shocks. Sportwerks ones work best for me. My oil was dirty after the first run and a rebuild was needed. Good luck and post often if you need info or your find something to share with us.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:06 PM
My Feedback: (7)

Thanks for the suggestion! Are these the ones you are talking about? http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/4532

Old 02-15-2006, 09:58 PM

ORIGINAL: _Wyvern_

Thanks for the suggestion! Are these the ones you are talking about? http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/4532

Thats them...place a small amout of shock oil on the ends of the shock rod end to make the easier to get over the plastic and wipe the oil away so it wont attract dirt when your finished.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:26 PM

wyvern that mugen 1005 should work real well with that 528. good choice. nice looken rig.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:34 AM

i am going to put a os v spec 21 in my jammin.
what would be the best pipe to put on it?
thx Dirby.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:41 AM

i got a buddy of mine in st louis , mo to paint them for me he does good work . i did get 2 of those proline bodies from horizon.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:46 AM

try nitro house i got my re alloy rear hubs from there o degree
Old 02-16-2006, 09:48 AM

crazy savage can you explain which way the front hub fits with the hard annodized hub carrier is the arm on the hub carrier suppose to be high or low thanks
Old 02-16-2006, 11:02 AM

ORIGINAL: roaddell

crazy savage can you explain which way the front hub fits with the hard annodized hub carrier is the arm on the hub carrier suppose to be high or low thanks
It sounds like you're talking about the steering arm...if so that should thread in to the top side of the hard anodized steering knuckle.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:59 PM

does the rtr version of the jammin even compare if you put all new electronics and motor on it
Old 02-16-2006, 06:21 PM

thanks crazysavage

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.