Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
 If someone ran over or damaged your r/c car.. >

If someone ran over or damaged your r/c car..

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

If someone ran over or damaged your r/c car..

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If someone ran over or damaged your r/c car..

Old 09-15-2003, 07:13 PM
drf

Default RE: If someone ran over or damaged your r/c car..

It really depends if he intended it or not, regardless if he kept on driving assuming he says something about it. If he did then a nice one would be to go near im, snap his antennas and kick him between the legs. then go and take his car giving him yours (assuming equal value) or just destroy his.
It would be beneficial to have a savage with you and chase his car with it until it does not move anymore!!!
Old 09-15-2003, 07:22 PM
My Feedback: (5)

It sounds like you are talking about a real car running over your RC car??

If that is the case here is my thought;

Streets are made for real cars, if your toy gets in the way and gets run over oh well!!!!

Just hope it doesn't result in his blowing a tire or somthing...then you may get to pay.
Old 09-15-2003, 07:30 PM
My Feedback: (1)

If someone ran over my car and they were going over the speed limit that would piss me off so much I wouldn't know what I was doing when it happens. I would probably see someone coming if they were going the speed limit because the speed limit on my street is 7mph and I live on a no end street.
Old 09-15-2003, 07:34 PM

Streets are made for real cars, if your toy gets in the way and gets run over oh well!!!!
R/C cars are not toys. When i think of toys i think of legos not 500-3000$ r/c cars.
Old 09-15-2003, 07:37 PM

KingRX has a point.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:43 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Speaking as one who is recently back into RC, and who has always been into legos, I'm not sure which is the cheaper hobby...

I have ALL of the Classic Star Wars legos, and all of the expert/collectable ones as well, including the huge Star Destroyer. (The first time I built it was nearly 16 hours.) So don't be cappin' on the Legos...

fF
Old 09-15-2003, 10:18 PM

I'm with Fred. Streets are for the real thing. Sure, I run my truck or car down the road in front of my house on occasion. But if someone hit it, thats my fault not the driver of the car. The fact is I shouldn't have been playing with my ride there anyway. Of course I don't try and get in their way as the speed limit is 55mph. It does give you incentive to run a bit quicker when you dump it.

Just wait till I start taxiing planes on the road. Woohooo!!

Tripper
Old 09-15-2003, 10:21 PM

Man, you guys are no fun; ive seen this thread on plenty of other forums and people came up with some of the best retaliations.
Old 09-16-2003, 07:59 AM

ORIGINAL: KingRX7

R/C cars are not toys. When i think of toys i think of legos not 500-3000$ r/c cars.
Regardless of what YOU think of, a toy is a toy independent of cost.

Either way you classify it, if it is in the street and gets run over...tough!
Old 09-16-2003, 10:43 AM
My Feedback: (158)

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

We're no fun?
Dude if I saw your car get squished by a car because you're playing in the street, I'd LMAO so hard I'd have to sit down. and then if you hit a car with a rock, I'd hold ya til the guy in the car came back so he could get you mommies phone number and sue your parents for the damage to his car. How does that sound?

Time to Grow up
Old 09-16-2003, 10:51 AM

I have to agree if you have your car in the street no matter how it gets hit, that is your fault for having it where it should not be.

On the other hand if you are in a field and someone ran over your car or hit with another RC you would have all the right to get mad.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:53 PM
My Feedback: (2)

We're no fun?
Dude if I saw your car get squished by a car because you're playing in the street, I'd LMAO so hard I'd have to sit down. and then if you hit a car with a rock, I'd hold ya til the guy in the car came back so he could get you mommies phone number and sue your parents for the damage to his car. How does that sound?

Time to Grow up
This has got to be the best response to a post that I've ever read!
Old 09-16-2003, 01:27 PM

Now what would you do if a real airplane hit your rc airplane?
Old 09-16-2003, 02:26 PM

If you are dumb enough to run your car on a street with a speed limit over 30mph than I would say you have no right to get made at someone. If you drive on a backstreet and the speed limit is 10-15 mph and they were going over the speed limit and they hit your car you have a right to get mad especially if you know you could of avoided it if they were going the speed limit.
Old 09-16-2003, 02:28 PM

Oh yeah I forgot. If I were driving my car in a field near the street and I got interference and my failsafe didn't kick in then I would be pissed at the hobby shop or the company who makes the failsafe.
Old 09-16-2003, 04:07 PM

I didnt know i was the only one "dumb" enough to drive on the street. I meant that if someone ran it over on purpose. Or some punk kid runs into it with a bike/skateboard. And i didnt expect to get bashed for asking what you would do damnit
Old 09-16-2003, 05:47 PM
My Feedback: (158)

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

You're not getting bashed for asking what "We would do" you're getting bashed for what you said you would do, Namely throwing rocks at a passer by that you were irresponsible enough to get your toy car in his way. I just thought that to be the most childish statement I've seen posted on a message board. Vandalism is a crime you know.

You want to know what I would do? I would wake up and have some coffee, because it would only happen in my wildest dreams.
Old 09-16-2003, 06:00 PM

Yea i know it was because mainly i live in a extremely rural area and the odds of a car coming by when i drive my r/c is low. And the odds of my car getting hit is about the same as next door neighbors winning the lottery. I was thinking of how bad it would suck if your car got ran over. I wouldnt throw a rock anyway most likely i would just cry all day about how much money i wasted. Yeah i used to throw water balloons at cars and be a wanna-be vandal but it was all in good fun.
Old 09-17-2003, 04:10 AM
Banned

Settle TF down, i think u all established cars shouldnt be run on busy roads i agree

but if the blokes being responsible and staying out the way of cars on a quiet road and some smart a** ****knuckle tries to run over their ride then that a** in the real car deserves whatevers thrown at them. (and dont say yeh money)
Old 09-17-2003, 08:33 AM
Banned

oops i mixed this thread up with the similar one in the truck forum

probly cos i cant see the original post
Old 09-18-2003, 06:44 AM

Just to put in my 3 cents. Lets look to the legalities involved here. First, it depends on the street you are on. Pedestrians have no right on the easements or lanes of any highway in most states. (they did that to make hitchhiking illegal) Pedestrians have more rights to a main throughfare, like the streets in the city. However, you cant block traffic and may only cross at cross walks. On the other hand if you are refereing to a neighborhood street, then you have implied access to just about all of it irrespective of traffic. Pedestrians have the right of way. This is not to say that the RC car in the street is not subject to being run over because this would be considered debris in most cases. But, the driver of the real car owes a duty to at least attempt to avoid the RC car short of endangering themselves, others or other property. Thus, any person who purposefully runs over your RC car in a public access roadway such as a neighborhood street (limit <25mph) should be liable in tort for the damages. Although, there will be some consideration as to assumption of the risk, if you can prove it was purposeful then they should pay for your RC. Good luck with that though. Don't take the law into your own hands, take em to court. [8D]
Old 09-18-2003, 10:11 AM

driving an rc car on the street is asking for trouble - you can compare it to racing your real car on the road - not smart

take your car, goto an emptyish parking lot and bash - the road was not made for rc cars, it was made for real cars
Old 09-18-2003, 04:48 PM

Here is a better question:

What would you do if some stupid kid threw a rock at your car because his R/C ran under your tire?

I would tell you, but I don't think you would like my answer. Don't run your R/Cs on public streets. Find an open lot or parking lot.
Old 09-19-2003, 07:23 AM

ORIGINAL: MyMonkey

Just to put in my 3 cents. Lets look to the legalities involved here. First, it depends on the street you are on. Pedestrians have no right on the easements or lanes of any highway in most states. (they did that to make hitchhiking illegal) Pedestrians have more rights to a main throughfare, like the streets in the city. However, you cant block traffic and may only cross at cross walks. On the other hand if you are refereing to a neighborhood street, then you have implied access to just about all of it irrespective of traffic. Pedestrians have the right of way. This is not to say that the RC car in the street is not subject to being run over because this would be considered debris in most cases. But, the driver of the real car owes a duty to at least attempt to avoid the RC car short of endangering themselves, others or other property. Thus, any person who purposefully runs over your RC car in a public access roadway such as a neighborhood street (limit <25mph) should be liable in tort for the damages. Although, there will be some consideration as to assumption of the risk, if you can prove it was purposeful then they should pay for your RC. Good luck with that though. Don't take the law into your own hands, take em to court. [8D]
I am guessing your NOT a lawyer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.