Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
 Zippkit Rockett. Completed. >

Zippkit Rockett. Completed.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Zippkit Rockett. Completed.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zippkit Rockett. Completed.

After 2 and a 1/2 months she's all done, Sea trials tomorrow and will post a video I hope, She's a bit rough around the edge's but Im happy with her, Even more happy if she don't sink tomorrow. Still need to fit the ride pads but I can do it later,, Want to thank Col from Oz rc boat supplies http://www.ozrcboatsupplies.com/index.htm for all the tips, Thanks m8. And Mart my pom m8 thanks also for some hints too.
And the Driver still needs working on, Just can't find a helmet and racesuit to fit him..

Old 04-24-2009, 10:49 PM

Default RE: Zippkit Rockett. Completed.

Well Done
Old 04-24-2009, 11:26 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

looks great, I like the big dragonflys on the side also. Hope it goes as well as my zippkit crackerbox has so far !
Old 04-25-2009, 02:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey mate serriously good job i like it,love what youve done with the drivers cockpit too ,are the dragonfly and the rest of the designs decals or paint ? love the look though hope she runs well for you mate.Dont worry about the ridepads just yet,mine doesnt have them yet either and it flies.
Mart
Old 04-25-2009, 03:34 AM

ORIGINAL: martno1fan

Hey mate serriously good job i like it,love what youve done with the drivers cockpit too ,are the dragonfly and the rest of the designs decals or paint ? love the look though hope she runs well for you mate.Dont worry about the ridepads just yet,mine doesnt have them yet either and it flies.
Mart

Col thanks for the reply.

foodsticks, im like you m8, luv these zippkits..

Mart the dragonfly and the rest are all decals m8, The dragonfly decals was a special at the autobarn for $5 from $65
mm think I got a bargin. will have some video of her tomorrow for sure.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:41 AM

Looks good mate, don't forget the vid.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:42 AM

Cant beat a bargain mate,i had soem specially cut for my new hydros cost me 20 quid a set here in the uk so i got 2 sets lol.A bargain as i was quoted $60 for some hydro decals from the states.Check these monster decals out i got for 5 quid for some black some gold decals enough for 3-4 boats.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98792.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	1186757   Click image for larger version

Name:	If10945.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	1186758   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95826.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	1186759  
Old 04-25-2009, 01:08 PM

I have this bad feeling I won't be able to rest until I have built a zippkits thunderboat. When I was a kid that was the first style of racing hydro I ever saw on tv, and to me it IS the peak of the sport...I would probably just build another fun slow boat, but they look so nice I would still enjoy it.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:00 PM

You won't be sorry if you are planning on building one m8, I only have a stock motor in this one so its just a fun boat, had fun building it and going to have fun running it.. hope to post a video of her running soon.

And Mart those decals look great, theres heaps of places here in OZ that do decals so might have to look into it..

Henry.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:16 PM

Henry i just noticed your turn fin is on the wrong side of the bracket it needs to go on the inside of it mate.On the outside water can ride up hitting the bracket and causing lift making the boat flip in the turn.Also been on the inside of the bracket puts the fin bang inline with the sponson bottom outer edge.
Mart

Name:	Ca80392.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	1187017  
Old 04-25-2009, 06:52 PM

Waoh! Waoh! Waoh![8D]

I wanted to build an easy vee but now seeing that gorgeous boat is getting me to think twice....... Love the scale cockpit.

Mart I'm very impressed by your attention to detail.

JC
Old 04-25-2009, 07:46 PM

You got a good eye Mart,, But the book just says to mount the fin on its bracket really doesn't say what side, but the inside does make sense like you say.. Also have a few more minor things I have to fix up before the madien,, My CG is to far back not much but a little, Did have a 1 ltr fuel bag installed then changed it for a 500ml fuel bag so might have to go back to the 1 ltr one.

And JC im sure Col from OZ boats is waiting for your call, and you know what M8 the easy vee is my next build..

Henry.

Name:	Mk26791.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	1187080  
Old 04-26-2009, 02:55 AM

IS IT WET YET, IS IT WET YET, IS IT WET YET.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:55 AM

ORIGINAL: nooh

You got a good eye Mart,, But the book just says to mount the fin on its bracket really doesn't say what side, but the inside does make sense like you say.. Also have a few more minor things I have to fix up before the madien,, My CG is to far back not much but a little, Did have a 1 ltr fuel bag installed then changed it for a 500ml fuel bag so might have to go back to the 1 ltr one.

And JC im sure Col from OZ boats is waiting for your call, and you know what M8 the easy vee is my next build..

Henry.
Henry it does say in the book to mount on inside of bracket i got it here in black and white mate page 36 at the bottom,also gives reason on page 37 as to why not on outside.My centre of gravity is more than 1 1/2" behind sponson transom so dont worry too much mines not flighty,just a cpl of % neg angle on the prop and she will run ok in fact its probably the best setting on these also i dropped my strut 1/16" lower than the suggested starting point..
Mart
Old 04-26-2009, 03:16 AM

After peeling my epoxies pages apart I have found pages 36 and 37. I can even see the Picture and the fin on the inside,, thanks m8..
As for the GC it will be ok with the bigger fuel bag and its only the stock motor m8 not the Mod you have so all will be good, And Steve didn't get a chance today m8 for a video, Am hoping tomorrow or tuesday after work will have time to run her madien.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:20 AM

No worries mate just trying to help,by the way your going to love how she runs even with a stock motor.Dont be scared to hold throttle open in turns like i was there really is no need they turn awesome .Just double check everything and then after a cpl of circuits bring her in and check evrything again blah blah blah .Above all get some video or we will never forgive you oh and dont forget to have fun .
Mart
Old 04-26-2009, 03:52 AM

Good luck, I got mine wet check out the other forum.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice job Nooh, I am still a couple weeks out, Will get it done soon also, Have a bad cold kicking my arse right now. Looking forward to the video.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:54 PM

Jamming, I thought I was the ONLY one on this thread with the swine flu ! Man I hope what you got ain't worse than what I got..

I think some good thunderboat footage will bring me back though !
Old 04-27-2009, 01:49 AM

Will have some Video soon, bloody work is full on at the moment so still hoping in a couple of day I can launch the rockett.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:37 AM

I can feel a sicky coming on .
Mart
Old 04-27-2009, 11:26 AM

ORIGINAL: martno1fan

I can feel a sicky coming on .
Mart
mmmmmmm, Could be m8,,, but for sure Wednesday m8 early day. Or im gunner be sick for sure..
Old 04-27-2009, 12:11 PM

Lol good luck mate,im hoping to get my rocket wet on thursday all been well.Had a few issues last time out with her not reving out could only manage 48 mph and i cant find the culprit.Ive swapped to an iv bag setup ,stripped the carb and changed the plug for a new one.Hope thats fixed it if not ill need to check the coil [].
Mart
Old 04-27-2009, 12:49 PM

Did you put new fuel line on with the IV bag? It may have had a pin hole leak in the fuel line. Might sound stupid but have you also checked your thottle linkages (sometimes bellcranks can vibrate loose & cables can stretch) & end point adjustments on your radio? I've wondered why my boat wouldn't run right, then realised I had the wrong model selected on the transmitter[sm=red_smile.gif]. I didn't realise until I switched models after getting frustrated with the one not running right, then when I went to switch to the new model I realised I didn't switch off of it to ran the previous one[:@].
Old 04-27-2009, 01:01 PM

Nooh, Grats on the build!!! Don't forget to get some suntan lotion for your driver. [sm=biggrin.gif]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.