Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc..
 22E mod, but might work for many... >

22E mod, but might work for many...

Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

22E mod, but might work for many...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 06:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 22E mod, but might work for many...

I have never flown my 22E, as the electronics seem buggy. After the holding it in my hand and moving the TX's throttle stick from lowest to highest, the heli spools up, the servos attempt to move to full + pitch position, but the heli does not want to climb much(no matter the PLT&PZT). As soon as I apply cyclic, the heli finally and immediately produces maximum lift. I temporarily replaced the stock 4-N-1 with an esc and JR receiver(did not need gyro for test), using my 8103 TX, the heli spooled up very smoothly and created max lift without moving the cyclic. This brings me back to the subject line of this post. Assuming my stock electronics are buggy, I came up with this...>>>
I seperated the BEC, ESCs, and Gyro section from an Esky 4-N-1. I plugged the Esky unit into a Berg 7P RX. I have not tested it yet(waiting for a crystal), but I am confident that this will work. The Walkera 4-N-1 weighs around 32 grams, the Esky/Berg unit weighs about 10 grams. With that low weight, this would also be suitable to a Piccolo. This would also be an easy way to step up to brushless.
BTW I am testing the RX section of the Esky unit in my Shogun 400, using the TX from my HL Falcon 3D(Neither uses eCCPM) I'll keep you posted.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80474.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	552991   Click image for larger version

Name:	To43948.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	552992   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sy63685.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	19.8 KB